DeLaSalle High School offers a variety of summer camps for students.
During June and July, DeLaSalle’s Camp Islander offers nine different summer camps in drama and athletics for elementary, middle and high school students. Annually, hundreds of students have attended the DeLaSalle summer camps, in part because DeLaSalle is centrally located, being the closest high school to downtown Minneapolis and to the University of Minnesota.
Camp instructors, moderators, and coaches are DeLaSalle current staff members, DeLaSalle alumni and friends.
Each camp offers great fun, outstanding coaching and directing, with an emphasis on fundamental skill development for participants. Students may sign up for a single camp or multiple camps.
2015 Camp Registration
To sign up for Camp Islander, please click here to access our online registration system. You will need to create an account , unless you have already submitted an electronic application for admission for the 2015-16 school year or scheduled an Islander for Day visit within the last seven months.
Once you have successfully created an account, you will be able to choose which camp you would like to register for. Please click on the form for that camp and fill in with the appropriate information. To sign your child up for multiple camps, complete your camp forms and click the “Save and Revisit” button.
If you would like to pay online, click “Pay and Submit” button. If you would like to send in your payment separately, click the “Submit” button. You can pay for all camps with one payment using the checkout button.
If you have questions, please contact the Student Activities office at 612.676.7684.
We are excited to announce the following 2015 Camp Islander sessions:
Specific questions regarding camps should be directed to the camp instructor or the Student Activities Office.
An option to register for 2015 Camp Islander sessions will be available soon on this page.
- Sundays in June & July 2015 (beginning June 7th and ending July 26th; no camp on Sunday, July 5th)
- Grades 3–9
- Camp Fee: $100
- Contact: Sean McMenomy or 612.676.7619
- Come learn what has made the DeLaSalle football team one of the most dominant programs in Minnesota. This camp emphasizes individual instruction with the goal of teaching campers the fundamentals and techniques needed to become better football players. Have fun while you learn! Coach McMenomy, five time Section Coach of the Year and six time Conference coach of the year and his staff are excited to incorporate their knowledge in teaching this camp. Why spend $300 to go to a one-day camp, when you can develop all summer long in ours for $100!
|On Ice (Drake Ice Arena, St. Paul)||Dry Land (Minnehaha Arena)|
|Mondays & Wednesdays (June 10, 15, 17, 22, 24, 29; July 8, 13, 15, 20, 22, 27)||Tuesdays (June 16, 23, 30, July 14, 21, 28)|
|Grades 7-12 (must currently attend or plan to attend Minnehaha Academy, St. Agnes, DeLaSalle, Providence, or St. Croix Lutheran High School)||Grades 7-12 must currently attend or plan to attend Minnehaha Academy, St. Agnes, DeLaSalle, Providence, or St. Croix Lutheran High School)|
|Camp Fee: $350 (Goalies: $200)||Camp Fee: $350 (Goalies: $200)|
|Contact: Dan Berthiaume||Contact: Dan Berthiaume|
- Improve your skating, stick-handling, passing, and shooting skills! Spend time with your teammates and push each other to get better!
- Dry-land training will emphasize shooting and stick-handling.
- Click here to register
|Soccer Camp||Striker/Keeper Camp|
|July 6-9||Every Sunday in June, starting June 7|
|Grades 4-9||Grades 7-12|
|Camp Fee: $100||Camp Fee: $100|
|Contact: Adam Pribyl or 612.676.7684||Contact: Adam Pribyl or 612.676.7684|
|Come play the world’s game! DeLaSalle girls’ head coach, Tim McDonald, and DeLaSalle boys’ head coach and Section coach of the year, Adam Pribyl, will partner with the Sanneh Foundation to bring some of the Midwest’s best coaches to the pitch. Our boys’ program is coming off its first ever State Tourney Runner-Up finish so there will be lots of excitement around this camp. This camp is for boys and girls of all skill levels. Technical skills of dribbling, passing, shooting and defensive concepts will be emphasized, as well as tactical concepts.||Soccer ultimately comes down to your ability to score and prevent goals. Our staff of coaches will train you in an intense environment on how to do just that. Pairing strikers and goalkeepers gives us opportunities to improve in gamelike situations. This camp is for the more advanced technical player who wants to take their game to the next level.|
- June 15-18
- Grades 4-9
- Camp Fee $85
- Contact: Jerrell Tate
- Get ready for the exciting and fast-paced sport of volleyball. Fundamental instruction at this DeLaSalle camp focuses on serving, passing, hitting, footwork, and drills designed to improve individual skills. Team offensive and defensive concepts will also be covered. Camp director and DeLaSalle’s new head volleyball coach, Jerrell Tate and his camp staff will identify individual strengths and areas for development for each camper.
- June 15-17
- Grades 4-9
- Camp Fee: $100
- Contact: Veronica Pettini
- Spirit is the name of the game! The cheer camp includes traditional sideline cheerleading skills, as well as the major components of competition cheer: stunts and lifts, tumbling, and dance. A great camp for all kids – from beginners to experienced cheerleaders. DeLaSalle´s cheerleading program has been one of the biggest and best in Minnesota for several years. Since 1998, when the competitive program began, we have won eight State Championships – 1998, 2000, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2013, 2014, and 2015! In addition, we have also brought home National Championships in 2005, 2006, 2007, 2012 and 2013. Come learn from the best! Providing a chance for grades 4th through our new incoming 9th grade class to learn about the areas of cheerleading and even learn a customized routine just for the group.
- June 15–27 (Monday through Friday)
- 5:00–7:30 pm
- Grades 7–12
- Camp Fee: $100
- Contact: James Buffington
- This is a two-week theatre program that focuses on performance and technical theatre culminating with a play performance. Campers on the acting side will develop their skills play analysis, improvisation, voice and speech, movement and scene study. Campers on the technical side will work on set construction, lights, sound, properties and calling a show. Lead by James Buffington and the DeLaSalle Theatre artistic staff.
|Camp A (Skill Development)||Camp B (Shooting & Individual Offensive Moves)|
|June 15–18||June 22-25|
|Grades 3-9||Grades 3-9|
|Camp Fee: $130 ($235 if child attends both)||Camp Fee: $130 ($235 if child attends both)|
|Contact: Dave Thorson or 612.676.7615||Contact: Dave Thorson or 612.676.7615|
- With a long history of basketball excellence, DeLaSalle offers campers opportunities to hone skills with two specific camps. Skill Development week (June 15-18) focuses on individual ball-handling and shooting drills. Shooting & Individual Offensive Moves week (June 22–25) focuses on shooting drills and players’ skill progression into individual one-on-one offensive skills. Dave Thorson, DeLaSalle’s varsity coach and former college player and Big Ten assistant coach, directs each camp.
- June 22-25
- Grades 6–9
- Camp Fee: $75
- Contact: Tom Heinecke
- This softball camp is for girls of all ability levels. Focus will be placed on all aspects of the game including accurate throwing, strong batting, improved fielding, and base running strategy. With 10 seasons as a varsity coach and 15+ successful summer seasons as a Junior Olympic coach, Tom Heinecke and his Islander staff direct this camp in a fun and competitive way.
- June 29–July 2
- Grades 1-9
- Camp Fee: $100
- Contact: Faith Johnson Patterson or 612.270.9164
- Varsity Girls’ Basketball Coach, Faith Johnson Patterson, former Division I basketball great leads this basketball camp. Coming off State Championships in 2011, 2012, and 2013 there is excitement around the DeLaSalle girls’ basketball program. Campers will work on offensive, defensive and position skills, including shooting, ball-handling, rebounding, and post or perimeter play. Team concepts on both the offensive and defensive ends of the court will be stressed.