Wednesday, April 21, 2021
May this Easter season remind us that any struggle is put in perspective when we live in the joy of the resurrected Jesus Christ.
Saint John Baptist de La Salle – Pray for us!
Live Jesus in our Hearts – Forever
In the news…
DeLaSalle will transition to distance learning from Wednesday-Friday in response to concerns about demonstrations that are likely to occur when a verdict is announced in the Derek Chauvin trial.
Here’s what this decision means:
- Wednesday will remain an asynchronous learning day for all students. We encourage students to plan ahead on projects or make up late work. Teachers will continue to offer office hours on Wednesday for students who would like to meet virtually.
- Classes on Thursday and Friday will be held synchronously online via Google Meet and will be 60 minutes in length, beginning at 9:00am each day. The daily schedule for Thursday and Friday will be:
- Period 1/5: 9:00-10:00am
- Period 2/WIN: 10:10-11:10
- Break: 11:10-11:40
- Period 3/7: 11:40am-12:40pm
- Period 4/8: 12:50-1:50
- The ninth grade class retreat that had been scheduled for Wednesday has been postponed and will be tentatively scheduled for Wednesday, April 28. Please watch for a separate communication from our Lasallian Ministry office with additional information.
- All student activities, including practices and competitions, will be postponed. Students should connect with their coach or moderator for more information. Teams will be allowed to meet virtually, but may not meet in-person Wednesday-Friday.
- At this moment, the Enrollment Orientation for the Class of 2025 will continue as scheduled on Saturday, April 24. We will continue to monitor developments and communicate should the status of this event change.
What would you do if you were on Student Council? On Friday, May 7, Student Council will hold elections for the positions of President/Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, and Public Relations Officer. The President/Vice (or Co-) President ticket must be formed by two students who will be either a senior or a junior in the fall and have served at least one term previously on Student Council. The Secretary, Treasurer, and Public Relations Officer positions may be filled by any junior or senior.
Click here to access the Student Council page in Canvas where you can find the nomination form. Your completed nomination must be returned to Ms. Brinson by Friday, April 30. Please email Ms. Brinson with any questions.
Due to an after school schedule conflict and variable weather conditions, Atlatl Society will not meet after school this spring. Instead, we will meet periodically during WIN Sessions based on weather forecasts. Please check Mr. Sczepanski’s WIN Sessions to see when Atlatl Society will meet and email Mr. Sczepanski with any questions.
BLK (Black.Liberated.Knowledgeable) is hosting a quesiton and answer session for all students on Wednesday at 5:00pm. Use the Google Meet code BLK 123. All are invited to tune in and bring up questions to BLK board members. BLK will also be discussing upcoming events and elections.
BLK (Black.Liberated.Knowledgeable) is accepting applications for its executive board. If you are interested in running, please fill out this form. You may contact Mr. Hallman or Ms. McAdams with questions.
The Environmental Stewardship Institute (ESI) has paid opportunities for high school youth to experience careers in the environmental field this summer.This includes mentorship and networking with other youth and professionals through Friends of the Mississippi River organization.
Students and families may now register to volunteer selling concessions during Twins games at Target Field for the DeLaSalle Islander Foundation.
Target Field contributes to the Islander Foundation for the volunteers’ service and volunteers may request grants to offset fees and expenses associated with attending DeLaSalle. Visit the Islander Foundation website to learn more about the foundation and how to register to volunteer. You may contact Islander Foundation coordinator, Carlos Villagomez, with questions at 612-676-7688.
DeLaSalle families may order a supply of healthy breakfast and lunches for the days when their student is not on campus because they are participating via distance learning.
- Students participating in hybrid learning may order a meal kit that contains three breakfasts and three lunches each. Families may use this form to order the meal kits. Orders must be placed by noon on the first day the student attends in-person instruction (Monday or Thursday) and picked up outside the kitchen at the end of the school day on the last day they attend (Tuesday or Friday).
- Students participating in full distance learning may also order a meal kit that contains five breakfasts and five lunches each. Orders should be placed by noon on Thursday for pickup at 3:00pm on Friday. Families may use this form to place the order.
The meals are provided at no cost to families through an extension of the federal Summer Food Service Program.