2016 Service Trip to Colorado Springs, CO
Thursday, June 2 to Friday, June 10
Ms. Emily Beckman has put together another service trip, to Colorado Springs, CO. Students on the service trip will be working with organizations to help rebuild the Colorado National Parks that were destroyed by the 2012 fires. The fires destroyed over 30,000 acres of Colorado forest. During the trip students will also get to tour many popular Colorado Springs destinations like Garden of the Gods, United States Air Force Academy, Olympic Training Facility and Seven Falls to just name a few.
Number of participants: 40 students, 6 chaperones
When: June 2, 2016 to June 10, 2016
Leave Thursday, June 2 around 2:00pm and return around Noon on Friday, June 10, 2016
Cost: $350 per student (paid in installments)
Payable via Cash, Check or Islander Foundation
Service Hours: Students will accumulate a minimum of 40 Christian Service Hours on this trip
2) Send the signed permission slip to Ms Beckman at email@example.com.
3) Ask three staff members to complete an online staff recommendation for you. (https://goo.gl/iTXEzk)
All application material must be submitted and turned in by 4:00pm on Friday, March 4, 2016.
– Attend a mandatory meeting on Wednesday, March 16, 2016 during your lunch hour.
– A $50 non-refundable deposit is due by Wednesday, March 16, 2016 for the students that have been selected to participate.
– Help at Cub Foods on Friday, March 25, 2016. Sign-up for a shift.
– Attend a meeting with your parents on Wednesday, April 13, 2016 at 6:00pm in the Robert Casanova Room.
– Help at the Pancake Breakfast on Saturday, April 23, 2016 from 8 to 10:15 am at Joe Senser’s in Roseville.
– Attend a mandatory meeting with your parents on Wednesday, May 25, 2016 at 6:30pm in the Robert Casanova Room.