Thank you to everyone who donated to our Day of Giving!
On November 11, hundreds of alumni, parents, faculty, grandparents and friends came together to prove that Islanders are generous and loyal. We had some unexpected technical obstacles, but we persisted and raised over $169,500 for our students, teachers, and mission. Thank you!
Here are the details of the day:
- We far surpassed our goal of 250 donors, which unlocked the $20,000 challenge from the Board of Trustees.
- Over 100 current and past parents participated in the day, which earned us an extra $10,000 from the parent challenge.
- Young alumni pitched in with $1,365 which actually brought in $2,730 for the school, because of a dollar for dollar matching grant!
- We celebrated Veterans Day with a special post and heard from dozens of veterans in our community who were pleased to be honored.
- Donations poured in from all across the nation and from several other countries. Islanders are everywhere!
- And in a tight competition, the Class of 1961 won our Alumni Challenge with a teeny, tiny margin over the Class of 1967.