Welcome to the DeLaSalle Parent Association. By virtue of enrolling their daughter or son, all DeLaSalle parents are current members of the Association. We invite all parents to become more active members by connecting with Association meetings and events.
We are a school-sponsored, volunteer-run organization – here to create community and provide opportunities for De parents to get to know each other, to support one another, and to better connect with the great things happening at DeLaSalle. The Parent Association does NOT raise money; it functions to support parents as partners with school and students, and it provides the best vehicle to learn more about the school’s planning processes.
Please be sure to always look for information about Parent Association meetings and events in the weekly email blast “Looking Ahead at De,” as well as The Source, and other e-mails.
We meet every month on the second Monday. All meetings are posted on the official school calendar found here and are held in the Schulze Learning Lab (D104), from 6:30-8:00pm. All meetings will begin with a social period for parents to meet other parents. The length of the social time will depend on the topic for the meeting.
Every parent and guardian is a welcome member, but some have more time and an inclination to participate in more activities at school. The school recognizes that parents are partners in education first and most importantly at home, but we encourage all parents to build more meaningful connections to and with the De community. By engaging and collaborating together, we can all make DeLaSalle an even stronger community.
DeLaSalle Staff Liaison:
- Mike O’Keefe, Executive Director of Marketing & Admissions, 612.676.7679
We are working to support the school and the DeLaSalle parent community by:
- Providing inclusive opportunities for all and celebrating the diverse nature of our school,
- Hosting speakers regarding topics of interest to parents, including such topics as parenting tips, college planning, DeLaSalle programs, and student health.
- Actively welcoming and reaching out to new DeLaSalle families,
- Inviting parents and families to attend De events, sports and arts alike,
- Informing parents of ways they can be of service to DeLaSalle.
In recent years, at the monthly meetings, the Parent Association has hosted a number of speakers, covering topics such as:
- Effective parenting and relationships with children you love who are finding the adult they will become
- College planning from the perspective of young De alums now in college
- Global Advantage Program and travel policies at DeLaSalle
- Raising healthy children to stay chemical free
- Helping students and families who are struggling with mental health issues
- Academic strategic planning at DeLaSalle
- Mission, service and Faith-related programs at DeLaSalle
- College Entrance Exam Preparation
Outside of the weekly meetings, the Parent Association has also hosted a number of events and programs at school, including:
- New Parent Orientation programs
- Multi-Cultural Arts-and-Treats Event for families, in partnership with Lasallian Ministry
- Assistance at Homecoming, concerts, and other De events
- Staff Appreciation Day
- Parent Advent Prayer Service
- Service Opportunities for Parents in the broader community
- Island Clean-Up Day, in partnership with student GREEN team and National Honor Society
Future topics and events may include:
- helping kids and families with social media use and misuse
- Parent Gardening Club at school
- And other topics or ideas generated by the wonderful parents of De
De Parents in Prayer
- The Parent Association has launched De Parents in Prayer, a group of DeLaSalle parents and family members who will gather on campus once a month to lift up our community in prayer. We hope you will feel encouraged by the knowledge that people care about you, are excited for you and are PRAYING FOR YOU! All parents, family members, friends, and alumni are welcome.Students, staff, and families may place written prayer requests in prayer boxes in the Lasallian Ministry office, Main Office, and staff lounge. You may express prayers on your behalf and on behalf of the needs and joys that you have seen in friends, students and colleagues. Prayers requests may remain anonymous.Questions? Contact Parent Association co-chair Jackie Schluter-Johnson or Peg Hodapp.
Students, staff, and families may place written prayer requests in prayer boxes in the Lasallian Ministry office, Main Office, and staff lounge. You may express prayers on your behalf and on behalf of the needs and joys that you have seen in friends, students and colleagues. Prayers requests may remain anonymous.