Canvas is the learning management system used by DeLaSalle, which allows students and teachers to interact and share course materials, including online assignments, discussion boards, and more.
Parents and Guardians may create an account to observe their student’s grades, coursework, and calendar in Canvas. To create an account, you will need to know your student’s username and ask for a pairing code. Student usernames are the same as their email prefix (everything before the @ in their @studentapps.delasalle.com email address).
From a browser on a desktop or laptop computer (this will not work from a mobile device):
- Go to http://delasalle.instructure.com
- Select the “Parent of a Canvas User? Click here for an account” .
- Enter your name, your email address, the student username and the pairing code your student created. If your student needs help creating a pairing code, please follow this guide.
- Select Start Participating
- Go to the account for the email address you entered and look for a message from Instructure Canvas
- Select “Click here to complete registration process.”
- Enter a secure password
- Select the Register button
Have another child at De? Here’s how to observe more than one student:
- While logged in to Canvas, Account then Settings
- Select Observing in the margin
- Select Add Student
- Follow the process listed above.
This video tutorial demonstrates the step-by-step approach to setting up an account as an observer and provides an informative overview of key functions within Canvas, such as where to find your student’s grades, assignments, and other coursework.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
Canvas Parent is an app focused on bringing up-to-date information to observers in Canvas courses. The interface is intuitive and simpler than the observer web login. Canvas Parent is free and available for iOS and Android mobile devices. Canvas Parent uses the same login information as the Observer Account. If you have already created an account, you can skip the instructions below, and simply sign-in.
- Download Canvas Parent from your app store
- Open the Canvas Parent App
- Click “Find My School”
- Type in DeLaSalle High School
- Click “Create an Account”
- Enter information into the fields on the screen and click Next. (This guide will help you!)
- Click Login. You are now able to view your students’ courses, assignments and grades.
If you have any questions regarding Canvas or the Observer role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. In that email, please also include your student’s name.