Thursday, February 10, 2022
Let us remember…that we are in the holy presence of God.
+ In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, Amen.
I believe You are the resurrection and the life for all who trust in You.
Bless this day all those who are grieving the loss of a loved one.
May those who have died enjoy Your promise of eternal joy.
I pray in Jesus’ name,
Saint John Baptist de La Salle – Pray for us.
Live, Jesus, in our hearts – Forever!
|Breakfast Egg Sandwich, Fruit, Milk|
Chicken Tacos, Borracho Beans, Radish Cilantro Slaw
A La Carte Items:
Chicken Caesar Salad; Salami Sandwich on a Bagel; Vegetarian Minestrone Soup with Corn Bread
|CLICK HERE for today’s competition, practice, and meeting events.|
|ACT PREP COURSE BEGINS FEBRUARY 19|
An ACT test preparation course will be taught by Ms. Rachel Engstrom at DLS, 1:00 – 3:00pm, on Saturdays, February 19 & 26 and March 5, 12, 19, and 26. The cost for the class is $350 plus the purchase of “The Official ACT Prep Guide” ($34). Students who are eligible for free and reduced lunch may also be eligible for reduced pricing for this class. To learn more about course fees and/or to register, visit Ms. McAdams in the Guidance Office.
|TECHNOVATION and PROGRAMMING CLUB MEET TODAY|
Join the coders and programmers today (Thursday) after school in Mr. Pearson’s room, A213.
|SUMMER PAID INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY – INFO MEETING TODAY|
Looking for a paid Summer Internship? Apply to be a STEP UP Intern!
The Twin Cities coordinator of STEP UP will be at De today (Thursday), during WIN 2, to talk about their paid summer internship program. Sign up in SST to join this meeting in School Counseling Office. She will also be available to meet students during Lunch Wave 1 in the School Counseling Office. If you do not have Wave 1 lunch, you’ll need to obtain a pass from your teacher prior to coming to the School Counseling Office.
In the spirit of the upcoming Valentine’s Day, BLK will be selling bags of sweet treats for $5. You can purchase these for yourself and/or for someone you admire. They’re on sale in the Florance Center during all lunch waves and in the Guidance Office, Room B102.
|BANDS AND ORCHESTRA PERFORM AT MMEA|
The DeLaSalle bands and the orchestra have been invited to perform at the Minnesota Music Educators Association Mid-Winter Clinic at the Minneapolis Convention Center, Thursday, February 17, at 3:30pm. For tickets, please contact anyone in the band or orchestra ensembles or Mr. Felton. This is the first time DeLaSalle is performing at this large conference.
|PRE-ORDER YOUR DELASALLE 2022 DELTA YEARBOOK|
It’s time! You can now pre-order your DeLeSalle 2022 yearbook. The yearbook team is hard at work capturing the events and people of the year. Order now to guarantee your copy at delivery time! Orders can be made on our online store. Pick your options and follow the ordering instructions. Save $10 by ordering before February 13th (this week).
|11th GRADE RETREAT – FEBRUARY 11|
On Friday, Feb. 11th all 11th graders will be attending their annual class retreat. This retreat engages students in community building and dialogue around the themes of servant leadership, responsibility, and spirituality in a diverse world.
Please note a couple important details about the retreat:
• 11th grade students should meet in the Florance Center at 8:30am on Friday for instructions. From there, students will be taking DLS buses to Saint Mary’s University Center for the full day retreat. Students will return to DeLaSalle at 2:45pm.
• Students may bring their own bag lunch and beverage or may order a school bag lunch using THIS FORM. Lunches must be reserved by the end of the school day tomorrow (Wednesday) and can be picked up in the café before leaving for the retreat. Dropping off or delivering of meals to the retreat site is not allowed.
• iPads and school books are not needed on this day and should be left at home or in school lockers.
• Uniforms are required. Students are strongly encouraged to wear pants to the retreat due to the nature of the day’s activities (sitting on the floor, group games, etc.).
|TEST DAY FOR 9th AND 10th GRADE STUDENTS – FEBRUARY 11|
On Friday, February 11, all Grade 9 students and Grade 10 students will be taking standardized tests. These tests help our students prepare for their college entrance exams and provide information on their academic strengths and area for growth. Please note the following logistical information for test takers:
• Transportation: Busses will run regular routes in the morning, and again at 12:45pm after testing. Parents may also pick up students after testing concludes.
• Tests Start: 8:30am, Tests Conclude: 11:45am – 12:15pm.
• Grade 9 will take the Iowa Test of Educational Development (ITED)
• Grade 10 will take the PreACT
• Students may order a bag lunch using THIS FORM. Lunches can be picked up before test taking. The school café will be closed after the morning service.
• Bus Departure for Afternoon Routes: 12:45pm
• Extended-time Test Takers: Ms. Copeland is in communication with students and families concerning transportation options.
• Staying for After-school Activities: There will be supervised study areas available 12:30pm – 3:00pm for students remaining at school for afternoon activities.