Wednesday, February 9, 2022
Let us remember…that we are in the holy presence of God.
+ In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, Amen.
Dedicate your actions to the Lord,
and trust in God who will act,
who will make justice a light for you as bright as the noonday sun.
Our God shall put all things right.
Saint John Baptist de La Salle – Pray for us.
Live, Jesus, in our hearts – Forever!
|French Toast Sticks and Sausage, Fruit, Milk|
Ragin’ Cajun Chicken Sandwich with French Fries
A La Carte Items:
Chef Salad; Turkey and Cheese on Kaiser Roll; Broccoli Cheese Soup with Crackers
|CLICK HERE for today’s competition, practice, and meeting events.|
|ORDER FRIDAY LUNCH TODAY!|
The DLS Café is making plans for this Friday’s food service and needs to know if you would like a bag lunch (a sandwich, fruit, vegetable, and optional milk) for your retreat or testing day. If yes, please complete THIS FORM tdoday. Of note: you will need to be logged into your Islander apps account to access the form. Lunches must be picked up Friday morning before test taking or the retreat. Questions? Please email Pam Beckman or ask a café staff member.
|BLK MEETS TODAY WITH PANEL DISCUSSION ON CAREERS|
BLK is hosting special guests to speak in a panel discussion about different careers today (Wednesday), 3:30pm, in D104 South. All are welcome to attend!
|TECHNOVATION and PROGRAMMING CLUB MEET TOMORROW|
Join the coders and programmers tomorrow (Thursday) after school in Mr. Pearson’s room, A213.
|SUMMER PAID INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY|
Looking for a paid Summer Internship? Apply to be a STEP UP Intern!
The Twin Cities coordinator of STEP UP will be at De tomorrow (Thursday), during WIN 2, to talk about their paid summer internship program. Sign up in SST to join this meeting in School Counseling Office. She will also be available to meet students during Lunch Wave 1 on Thursday in the School Counseling Office. If you do not have Wave 1 lunch, you’ll need to obtain a pass from your teacher prior to coming to the School Counseling Office.
In the spirit of the upcoming Valentine’s Day, BLK will be selling bags of sweet treats for $5. You can purchase these for yourself and/or for someone you admire. They’re on sale in the Florance Center during all lunch waves and in the Guidance Office, Room B102.
|BANDS AND ORCHESTRA PERFORM AT MMEA|
The DeLaSalle bands and the orchestra have been invited to perform at the Minnesota Music Educators Association Mid-Winter Clinic at the Minneapolis Convention Center, Thursday, February 17, at 3:30pm. For tickets, please contact anyone in the band or orchestra ensembles or Mr. Felton. This is the first time DeLaSalle is performing at this large conference.
|PRE-ORDER YOUR DELASALLE 2022 DELTA YEARBOOK|
It’s time! You can now pre-order your DeLeSalle 2022 yearbook. The yearbook team is hard at work capturing the events and people of the year. Order now to guarantee your copy at delivery time! Orders can be made on our online store. Pick your options and follow the ordering instructions. Save $10 by ordering before February 13th (this week).
|11th GRADE RETREAT – FEBRUARY 11|
On Friday, Feb. 11th all 11th graders will be attending their annual class retreat. This retreat engages students in community building and dialogue around the themes of servant leadership, responsibility, and spirituality in a diverse world.
Please note a couple important details about the retreat:
• 11th grade students should meet in the Florance Center at 8:30am on Friday for instructions. From there, students will be taking DLS buses to Saint Mary’s University Center for the full day retreat. Students will return to DeLaSalle at 2:45pm.
• Students may bring their own bag lunch and beverage or may order a school bag lunch using THIS FORM. Lunches must be reserved by the end of the school day tomorrow (Wednesday) and can be picked up in the café before leaving for the retreat. Dropping off or delivering of meals to the retreat site is not allowed.
• iPads and school books are not needed on this day and should be left at home or in school lockers.
• Uniforms are required. Students are strongly encouraged to wear pants to the retreat due to the nature of the day’s activities (sitting on the floor, group games, etc.).
|TEST DAY FOR 9th AND 10th GRADE STUDENTS – FEBRUARY 11|
On Friday, February 11, all Grade 9 students and Grade 10 students will be taking standardized tests. These tests help our students prepare for their college entrance exams and provide information on their academic strengths and area for growth. Please note the following logistical information for test takers:
• Transportation: Busses will run regular routes in the morning, and again at 12:45pm after testing. Parents may also pick up students after testing concludes.
• Tests Start: 8:30am, Tests Conclude: 11:45am – 12:15pm.
• Grade 9 will take the Iowa Test of Educational Development (ITED)
• Grade 10 will take the PreACT test
• Students may order a bag lunch using THIS FORM. Lunches can be picked up before test taking. The school café will be closed after the morning service.
• Bus Departure for Afternoon Routes: 12:45pm
• Extended-time Test Takers: Ms. Copeland is in communication with students and families concerning transportation options.
• Staying for After-school Activities: There will be supervised study areas available 12:30pm – 3:00pm for students remaining at school for afternoon activities.