As the current school year reaches its midway point, DeLaSalle is grateful to have met several hundred families interested in DeLaSalle and the unique educational opportunity we provide. During December alone, we have hosted several dozen students in the “Islander for a Day” program, led tours for over 40 prospective families, and received a large volume of applications, recommendations, and transcripts each day.
With some more work to be completed over the Christmas break, it appears that we will welcome at least six — and potentially as many as 12 — new students as incoming transfers when the second semester begins on January 3. We welcome all of our incoming students and their families! The Admissions Office will be open each weekday other than December 24 and 31 to continue processing applications, lead tours, and provide information for prospective students.
Likewise, we are interacting daily with eighth graders and their parents; to date, we are working with prospective Class of 2026 students in over 100 different middle schools. We fully realize that most families are looking at multiple high school options, but we are both confident and grateful as we take an early look at 2022-23. Many families are already sending in application materials, even though the two application deadlines for “early decision” admission are still several weeks away, on January 28 and February 11. In this season, we are most thankful to meet so many wonderful students and parents and share all the good things about our DeLaSalle community!
- Our second and final Open House is scheduled for Wednesday, January 5, 7:00-9:00 pm.
- The Entrance Exam/Parent Seminar for the Class of 2026 is on Saturday, January 8, 8:30-11:30 am. Parents are encouraged to stay for a thorough and informative seminar about many “parent-type” topics while their daughters and sons are testing. We will cover criteria for admission, registration procedures, applications for merit scholarships and need-based financial aid, orientation programs for the spring and summer, and more. Students are encouraged to pre-register for the Exam, but they may also register on the 8th between 7:45 – 8:20 am in the Albers Atrium. DeLaSalle does not require an application for admission before the 8th, nor is there a fee to take the Entrance Exam at DeLaSalle. We also provide all testing materials.
- January 28 is the “Early Decision” Application Deadline for the Class of 2026. Students with complete applications at DeLaSalle by this date will receive a decision by February 5.
- February 11 is the “Regular” Application Deadline. Students meeting this deadline will receive a decision by February 21.
- Ninth grade registration is scheduled for Saturday, February 26, as the Class of 2026 when our newest Islanders will come to campus to complete forms, consult with staff as needed, choose classes for ninth grade, and claim their place in the ninth-grade class.
We are proud that the combination of priorities for our school continues to resonate with so many — to be Catholic and Lasallian, to be diverse and inclusive, to be preparatory for college and career, all of these with high levels of support and respect for each individual as well as a commitment to service, quality relationships and relevance.
The Admissions staff thanks everyone for their many kind referrals to prospective families and students. For more information, please contact Mike O’Keefe `78, at 612-676-7679 or Christian Glanville ‘11 at 612-676-7618.