On November 10, we held our sixth annual Day of Giving. With participation from over 500 donors, $185,527 was raised in support of the school. This far exceeded the $100,000 goal as well as the previous Day of Giving record of $159,571. Thank you, Islanders!
Coupled with the success of the October 9 Christian Brothers’ Gala, the past five weeks have broadened connections for DeLaSalle and yielded nearly $1,000,000 in support of student financial aid, program enhancements, and facility upgrades. Our Day of Giving presents an opportunity for the entire community to selflessly serve and support the students of DeLaSalle with gifts of all sizes.
Some highlights of the day:
- More than 120 current families participated in the day, unlocking an extra $10,000 from an anonymous parent donor.
- Our current students contributed $1,058 from their pockets. They set a lofty challenge for themselves: to double the $500 goal created for them by the Development Office. On the way into school, $774 was collected. The Student Council persisted in their leadership and advocacy and by the end of the day, they had reached their goal. Great job students!
- Day of Giving gifts ranged from .25 from a current student to $25,000 from an alumnus. Every little bit helps and every gift is a sign of commitment to one another.
- Nearly 200 alumni from across eight decades made gifts, spanning the class years of 1948-2019.
- There was a heated competition within the alumni community, but the graduates from the 1960s took the championship.
- Our young alumni contributed $4,775, which actually brought in $9,550 for the school, because of a dollar-for-dollar matching grant!
- Donations poured in from all across the nation, from Washington to Maryland and Minnesota to Texas.
If you did not have the chance to participate in the Christian Brothers’ Gala or the Day of Giving, we would love for you to join the momentum. Our students, educators, and our community are grateful for your support. Donate now.