Thursday, September 30, 2021
Lord, show Your mercy to me and gladden my heart.
Saint John Baptist de La Salle – Pray for us!
Live Jesus in our Hearts – Forever
- Period 5: 8:30-9:50
- WIN: 10:00-11:20
- Period 7: 11:30-1:30
- To find which lunch wave you are in, click here and look for your 3rd period teacher
- Period 8: 1:40-3:00
EGG SANDWICH, FRUIT, MILK
ENTREE: PENNE PASTA WITH MEAT OR MARINARA SAUCE, GREEN BEANS; A LA CARTE: TURKEY WRAP; HUMMUS WRAP
- 3:30pm: Boys’ and girls’ cross country invitational @ Elm Creek Park Reserve
- 4:00pm: Girls’ varsity tennis @ Columbia Heights
- 4:00pm: C volleyball @ Minneapolis Southwest
- 5:30pm: Girls’ varsity swimming and diving vs. Visitation @ St. Anthony Village
- 5:30pm: 9 gold volleyball @ Minneapolis Southwest
- 5:30pm: JV volleyball @ Minneapolis Southwest
- 7:00pm: Varsity volleyball @ Minneapolis Southwest
In the news…
Student Council is opening applications for class representative elections. If you are interested, please download and complete the form below:
- Class of 2022 Representative Form
- Class of 2023 Representative Form
- Class of 2024 Representative Form
- Class of 2025 Representative Form
In order to appear on the Class Representative ballot, you must return your nomination packet to Mr. Buffington by Wednesday, October 6 via email or in person in the Activities Office. We are especially looking for 9th and 10th grade representatives. For any questions concerning the positions or the electoral process, email Mr. Buffington.
We are looking for 12th grade students to help lead the 10th graders at their Respect Retreat on Wednesday, October 13, from 8:15am-2:45pm. Leaders will receive 8 Christian Service Hours. Space is limited. Priority will go to those students who attended last year’s leadership trainings. Sign up here: Questions, please contact Ms. Stecklein.
Diversity Week 2021: History and Healing Diversity Week is a time to recognize and celebrate the beauty in different cultures and voices and to learn more about one another. Please complete this form if you are interested in helping with Diversity Week. We need help in two main areas. 1. Multicultural Celebration Final Program (Friday, October 15). 2. WIN sessions to celebrate diversity and to learn more about one another. (Tuesday, October 12). Your help and input are greatly appreciated!
The Robotics Team will host an informational meeting for all students that are interested in joining. The meetings will take place during WIN sessions today in B308. You may sign up for either WIN meeting, and it is not required to sign up for both. Contact Mr. Banas with any questions.
Learn how to drive this fall through a driver’s ed class offered at DeLaSalle. There will be two driver’s ed classes offered – one in October and one in December. The class costs $399 and features 30 hours of classroom instruction over 10 days. The class will be held virtually via Google Meet from 4:00-7:00pm. Learn more about the class and apply here.
Our Lady of Lourdes Church (just up the road from De) is looking for students to help set up and serve at LourdesFest this Saturday, October 2. Volunteers needed 2pm-4:30 and/or 5:00-7:30pm. Please contact Ms. Stecklein if you can help!
Bethany Christian Services Gala is in need of four volunteers for its fundraising gala on Friday, October 15th! Yo ucan earn Christian Service hours for volunteering. Email Ms. King if you can help.
- WHY IS THIS EVENT IMPORTANT?? – Participation in this event helps to raise money to support children and families involved in the child protection system in foster care in Minnesota.
- Your commitment: Arrive at 5:30pm and leave by 8:30pm
- Location: The Birke: 11700 Wayzata Blvd, Minnetonka, MN 55305
- Dress Code: Professional – no street clothes with holes, midriff, etc. Students may wear DeLaSalle uniforms if they wish to represent the school.
- Duties and training: Usher and direct participants to the room. You will receive instructions when you arrive.