Wednesday, September 29, 2021
Angel sent by God to guide me,
be my light and walk beside me;
be my guardian and protect me;
on the paths of life direct me.
Saint John Baptist de La Salle – Pray for us!
Live Jesus in our Hearts – Forever
- Period 1: 8:30-9:50
- Period 2: 10:00-11:20
- Period 3: 11:30-1:30
- To find which lunch wave you are in, click here and look for your 3rd period teacher
- Period 4: 1:40-3:00
FRENCH TOAST STICKS, SAUSAGE, FRUIT, MILK
ENTREE: CHEESEBURGER, VEGETABLE STICKS, FRUIT; A LA CARTE: TOSSED SALAD WITH EGG; CHICKEN CAESAR WRAP; HUMMUS WRAP
- 4:00pm: Girls’ JV tennis @ St. Paul Central
- 4:00pm: Girls’ varsity tennis @ St. Paul Central
- 4:30pm: Girls’ C vs. Academy of Holy Angels @ Nieman Sports Complex
- 4:30pm: Girls’ JV vs. Academy of Holy Angels @ Nieman Sports Complex
- 4:30pm: Boys’ B vs. Robbinsdale Cooper @ Nieman Sports Complex
- 4:30pm: Boys’ JV vs. Robbinsdale Cooper @ Nieman Sports Complex
In the news…
Student Council is opening applications for class representative elections. If you are interested, please download and complete the form below:
- Class of 2022 Representative Form
- Class of 2023 Representative Form
- Class of 2024 Representative Form
- Class of 2025 Representative Form
In order to appear on the Class Representative ballot, you must return your nomination packet to Mr. Buffington by Wednesday, October 6 via email or in person in the Activities Office. We are especially looking for 9th and 10th grade representatives. For any questions concerning the positions or the electoral process, email Mr. Buffington.
We are looking for 12th grade students to help lead the 10th graders at their Respect Retreat on Wednesday, October 13, from 8:15am-2:45pm. Leaders will receive 8 Christian Service Hours. Space is limited. Priority will go to those students who attended last year’s leadership trainings. Sign up here: Questions, please contact Ms. Stecklein.
LEAP will meet during all lunches today in D104. This week we will continue to discuss mental health and mental illness. All are welcome!
As a reminder, art club will meet today for the first time this school year. Today will consist of open studio time. You may bring an art project that you are currently working on and want to continue or come with a project idea and receive materials. All art club members in the 9th and 10th grade are welcome to attend! Please see Ms. Swords with any questions you may have.
College Advising and Counseling will offer a College Planning Night for Seniors and Parents in the Spanish language tonight at 6:30pm in the Schulze Learning Lab (D104). This helpful presentation will give students and families important benchmarks in the college application process.
Seniors, check out the latest scholarship opportunity:
- The Tyrell Terry Challenge and Opportunity Scholarship will award a $5,000 scholarship to a graduating senior from Minnesota. DeLaSalle alumnus, Tyrell Terry ‘19, created the scholarship to reward those who take their education seriously. The deadline to apply is February 15, 2022 and the winner will be announced at the end of February. Learn more and apply today!
The Robotics Team will host an informational meeting for all students that are interested in joining. The meetings will take place during WIN sessions tomorrow in B308. You may sign up for either WIN meeting, and it is not required to sign up for both. Contact Mr. Banas with any questions.
MACRs (Men’s Association of Competitive Readers) is starting soon! Sign up now to participate – MACRs will meet every other week during Thursday’s WIN in B301. You can find sign ups in Mr. Zavitz’s or Mr. Casey’s room. MACRs will be reading Stephen King’s “The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon.”
Learn how to drive this fall through a driver’s ed class offered at DeLaSalle. There will be two driver’s ed classes offered – one in October and one in December. The class costs $399 and features 30 hours of classroom instruction over 10 days. The class will be held virtually via Google Meet from 4:00-7:00pm. Learn more about the class and apply here.
Our Lady of Lourdes Church (just up the road from De) is looking for students to help set up and serve at LourdesFest this Saturday, October 2. Volunteers needed 2pm-4:30 and/or 5:00-7:30pm. Please contact Ms. Stecklein if you can help!
Bethany Christian Services Gala is in need of four volunteers for its fundraising gala on Friday, October 15th! Yo ucan earn Christian Service hours for volunteering. Email Ms. King if you can help.
- WHY IS THIS EVENT IMPORTANT?? – Participation in this event helps to raise money to support children and families involved in the child protection system in foster care in Minnesota.
- Your commitment: Arrive at 5:30pm and leave by 8:30pm
- Location: The Birke: 11700 Wayzata Blvd, Minnetonka, MN 55305
- Dress Code: Professional – no street clothes with holes, midriff, etc. Students may wear DeLaSalle uniforms if they wish to represent the school.
- Duties and training: Usher and direct participants to the room. You will receive instructions when you arrive.