Monday, September 27, 2021
Lord, help me to live this day – quietly, easily;
to lean on your great strength – trustfully, restfully;
to wait for the unfolding of your will – patiently, serenely;
to meet others – peacefully, joyfully;
to face tomorrow – confidently, courageously.
Saint John Baptist de La Salle – Pray for us!
Live Jesus in our Hearts – Forever
- Period 1: 8:30-9:50
- Period 2: 10:00-11:20
- Period 3: 11:30-1:30
- To find which lunch wave you are in, click here and look for your 3rd period teacher
- Period 4: 1:40-3:00
YOGURT, MUFFIN, FRUIT, MILK
ENTREE: HOT DOG, PEAS AND CARROTS, FRUIT; A LA CARTE: HAM AND CHEESE DELI SANDWICH; CHICKEN CAESAR; HUMMUS VEGETABLE TRAY
Students are encouraged to meet with college representatives who visit DeLaSalle either in person or virtually. You must pre-register for the college representative visit. Follow these steps to register.
- 10:00-10:30am: Mount Saint Mary’s University
- 10:40-11:20am: St. Catherine’s University
- 4:00pm: Boys’ B soccer vs. Washington Technology Magnet @ McMurray Fields
- 4:15pm: 9 gold volleyball vs. Minneapolis Washburn @ DeLaSalle
- 5;30pm: C volleyball vs. Minneapolis Washburn @ DeLaSalle
- 5;30pm: JV volleyball vs. Minneapolis Washburn @ DeLaSalle
- 7:00pm: Varsity volleyball vs. Minneapolis Washburn @ DeLaSalle
In the news…
Get prepared with this virtual presentation for students and parents/guardians on the many options for paying for college. Take away tools for navigating the FAFSA; researching scholarships, grants, and loan options; all in a way that makes sense for your family. Joy Rockwell from Saint Mary’s University will present. The session starts at 6:30pm and you can find the Google Meet code here.
What’s the Buzz! Come Join the Environmental club tomorrow to work with our bees! Pollinate Minnesota will be here to do a demonstration. We have a fantastic opportunity to suit up to open up our hives. We will meet at 3:15 by the bee hives at Brothers’ Plaza. You will need to RSVP and fill out a waiver. Please see Mrs Beckman in the kitchen to sign up and get a waiver.
Sophomores, you will have your class Mass tomorrow. Please meet in the Florance Center at the start of the 1st WIN session. From there, you will go to Our Lady of Lourdes for Mass with school chaplain, Fr. Kevin Kenney ’78.
LEAP will meet this Wednesday during all lunches in D104. This week we will continue to discuss mental health and mental illness. All are welcome!
College Advising and Counseling will offer a College Planning Night for Seniors and Parents in the Spanish language on Wednesday, September 29. The session is from 6:30-7:30pm in the Schulze Learning Lab (D104). This helpful presentation will give students and families important benchmarks in the college application process.
Seniors, check out the latest scholarship opportunity:
- The Tyrell Terry Challenge and Opportunity Scholarship will award a $5,000 scholarship to a graduating senior from Minnesota. DeLaSalle alumnus, Tyrell Terry ‘19, created the scholarship to reward those who take their education seriously. The deadline to apply is February 15, 2022 and the winner will be announced at the end of February. Learn more and apply today!
The Robotics Team will host an informational meeting for all students that are interested in joining. The meetings will take place during WIN sessions on Thursday in B308. You may sign up for either WIN meeting, and it is not required to sign up for both. Contact Mr. Banas with any questions.
MACRs (Men’s Association of Competitive Readers) is starting soon! Sign up now to participate – MACRs will meet every other week during Thursday’s WIN in B301. You can find sign ups in Mr. Zavitz’s or Mr. Casey’s room. MACRs will be reading Stephen King’s “The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon.”
Learn how to drive this fall through a driver’s ed class offered at DeLaSalle. There will be two driver’s ed classes offered – one in October and one in December. The class costs $399 and features 30 hours of classroom instruction over 10 days. The class will be held virtually via Google Meet from 4:00-7:00pm. Learn more about the class and apply here.
Want to earn some money and experience? Employers sometimes send us job postings and you can find them on the job board in the Islanders course in Canvas. Simply click on the “Student Life” tab and go to “Job Opportunities” to find jobs and other helpful tips.
Bethany Christian Services Gala is in need of four volunteers for its fundraising gala on Friday, October 15th! Yo ucan earn Christian Service hours for volunteering. Email Ms. King if you can help.
- WHY IS THIS EVENT IMPORTANT?? – Participation in this event helps to raise money to support children and families involved in the child protection system in foster care in Minnesota.
- Your commitment: Arrive at 5:30pm and leave by 8:30pm
- Location: The Birke: 11700 Wayzata Blvd, Minnetonka, MN 55305
- Dress Code: Professional – no street clothes with holes, midriff, etc. Students may wear DeLaSalle uniforms if they wish to represent the school.
- Duties and training: Usher and direct participants to the room. You will receive instructions when you arrive.