Friday, September 24, 2021
Keep my mind clear and focused on all I need to achieve,
and give me the wisdom to overcome difficulties and find solutions.
Saint John Baptist de La Salle – Pray for us!
Live Jesus in our Hearts – Forever
- Period 1: 8:30-9:15
- Period 2: 9:20-10:05
- Period 4: 10:10-10:55
- Period 3: 11:00-12:30
- To find which lunch wave you are in, click here and look for your 3rd period teacher
- Period 5: 12:35-1:20
- Period 7: 1:25-2:10
- Period 8: 2:15-3:00
CHEESE OMELETTE, HASH BROWNS, FRUIT, MILK
GRAB ‘N GO: ASSORTED DELI SANDWICHES, ASSORTED ENTREE SALADS, ASSORTED PIZZA
- 4:00pm: Girls’ JV tennis vs. Richfield @ Brooklyn Center
- 5;30pm: Boys’ C soccer vs. Academy of Holy Angels @ Taft Park
- 6:00pm: Varsity football vs. Mound Westonka @ DeLaSalle
In the news…
Get prepared with this virtual presentation for students and parents/guardians on the many options for paying for college. Take away tools for navigating the FAFSA; researching scholarships, grants, and loan options; all in a way that makes sense for your family. Joy Rockwell from Saint Mary’s University will present. The session starts at 6:30pm and you can find the Google Meet code here.
What’s the Buzz! Come Join the Environmental club on Tuesday September 28th to work with our bees! Pollinate Minnesota will be here to do a demonstration. We have a fantastic opportunity to suit up to open up our hives. We will meet at 3:15 by the bee hives at Brothers’ Plaza. You will need to RSVP and fill out a waiver.Please see Mrs Beckman in the kitchen to sign up and get a waiver.
Sophomores, you will have your class Mass on Tuesday. Please meet in the Florance Center at the start of the 1st WIN session. From there, you will go to Our Lady of Lourdes for Mass with school chaplain, Fr. Kevin Kenney ’78.
MACRs (Men’s Association of Competitive Readers) is starting soon! Sign up now to participate – MACRs will meet every other week during Thursday’s WIN in B301. You can find sign ups in Mr. Zavitz’s or Mr. Casey’s room. MACRs will be reading Stephen King’s “The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon.”
Learn how to drive this fall through a driver’s ed class offered at DeLaSalle. There will be two driver’s ed classes offered – one in October and one in December. The class costs $399 and features 30 hours of classroom instruction over 10 days. The class will be held virtually via Google Meet from 4:00-7:00pm. Learn more about the class and apply here.
Want to earn some money and experience? Employers sometimes send us job postings and you can find them on the job board in the Islanders course in Canvas. Simply click on the “Student Life” tab and go to “Job Opportunities” to find jobs and other helpful tips.
Bethany Christian Services Gala is in need of four volunteers for its fundraising gala on Friday, October 15th! Yo ucan earn Christian Service hours for volunteering. Email Ms. King if you can help.
- WHY IS THIS EVENT IMPORTANT?? – Participation in this event helps to raise money to support children and families involved in the child protection system in foster care in Minnesota.
- Your commitment: Arrive at 5:30pm and leave by 8:30pm
- Location: The Birke: 11700 Wayzata Blvd, Minnetonka, MN 55305
- Dress Code: Professional – no street clothes with holes, midriff, etc. Students may wear DeLaSalle uniforms if they wish to represent the school.
- Duties and training: Usher and direct participants to the room. You will receive instructions when you arrive.