Tuesday, September 21, 2021
Please keep my family and loved ones safe this week.
Watch over us and cover us with your love.
Shower us with good health, blessings, and happiness.
Remove any worry, fear, stress, and doubt in our hearts.
Saint John Baptist de La Salle – Pray for us!
Live Jesus in our Hearts – Forever
- Period 5: 8:30-9:50
- WIN: 10:00-11:20
- Period 7: 11:30-1:30
- To find which lunch wave you are in, click here and look for your 3rd period teacher
- Period 8: 1:40-3:00
BREAKFAST PIZZA, FRUIT, MILK
ENTREE: CHICKEN FAJITAS, SPANISH RICE, CORN, FRUIT; A LA CARTE: CHEF SALAD; SALAMI AND CHEESE ON KAISER
- 4:00pm: Girls’ varsity tennis @ Richfield
- 4:15pm: Girls’ C soccer vs. Academy of Holy Angels @ Taft Park
- 4:15pm: 9 volleyball vs. Academy of Holy Angels @ DeLaSalle
- 5:00pm: Boys’ varsity soccer @ Hill-Murray
- 5:00pm: Boys’ varsity soccer vs. Academy of Holy Angels @ DeLaSalle
- 5:30pm: Boys’ JV soccer @ Academy of Holy Angels
- 5:30pm: C volleyball vs. Academy of Holy Angels @ DeLaSalle
- 5:30pm: JV volleyball vs. Academy of Holy Angels @ DeLaSalle
- 7:00pm: Girls’ JV soccer @ Academy of Holy Angels
- 7:00pm: Girls’ varsity soccer vs. Academy of Holy Angels @ DeLaSalle
- 7:00pm: Varsity volleyball vs. Academy of Holy Angels @ DeLaSalle
In the news…
Students, sign up now to volunteer at the Christian Brothers’ Gala! The Gala is on Saturday, October 9 and it is our largest all-school scholarship fundraiser. There are lots of ways you can help and multiple shifts. You can count the volunteer shift toward your Christian Service hours.
Learn how to drive this fall through a driver’s ed class offered at DeLaSalle. There will be two driver’s ed classes offered – one in October and one in December. The class costs $399 and features 30 hours of classroom instruction over 10 days. The class will be held virtually via Google Meet from 4:00-7:00pm. Learn more about the class and apply here.
Juniors, you will gather this morning for your class Mass. Please report to the LL Gray Gym at 10am for announcements . You will be dismissed from the LL Gray Gym to Mass at Our Lady of Lourdes. Thank you again to our school chaplain, Fr. Kevin Kenney ’78, for celebrating Mass with us.
Sophomores, your class Mass is next Tuesday. Freshmen, your class Mass is a two weeks from tomorrow.
Seniors will meet this morning with a representative from Jostens as we begin the process of preparing for graduation in the spring. The required meeting will take place during the first session of the WIN period in the Florance Center. Each student must submit their cap and gown measurements here before December 15. The link also allows students to enter how they wish their name to appear on the graduation diploma. The Jostens representative will also present about graduation memorabilia, including graduation announcements and party invitations.
The DeLaSalle College Advising and Counseling office invites all 12th grade students and parents to learn more about the college planning process at College Planning Night for Seniors and Parents. The program will be offered in English on Wednesday, September 22 and in Spanish on Wednesday, September 29. Each program runs from 6:30-7:30pm in the Schulze Learning Lab (D104).
What’s the Buzz! Come Join the Environmental club on Tuesday September 28th to work with our bees! Pollinate Minnesota will be here to do a demonstration. We have a fantastic opportunity to suit up to open up our hives. We will meet at 3:15 by the bee hives at Brothers’ Plaza. You will need to RSVP and fill out a waiver.Please see Mrs Beckman in the kitchen to sign up and get a waiver.
Bethany Christian Services Gala is in need of four volunteers for its fundraising gala on Friday, October 15th! Yo ucan earn Christian Service hours for volunteering. Email Ms. King if you can help.
- WHY IS THIS EVENT IMPORTANT?? – Participation in this event helps to raise money to support children and families involved in the child protection system in foster care in Minnesota.
- Your commitment: Arrive at 5:30pm and leave by 8:30pm
- Location: The Birke: 11700 Wayzata Blvd, Minnetonka, MN 55305
- Dress Code: Professional – no street clothes with holes, midriff, etc. Students may wear DeLaSalle uniforms if they wish to represent the school.
- Duties and training: Usher and direct participants to the room. You will receive instructions when you arrive.