Thursday, May 13, 2021
Loving God, we thank you for allowing the Class of 2021 to become more aware of its gifts, talents, and limitations. We pray that our seniors recognize the need to continue their spiritual, emotional, social, physical, and intellectual growth. Bless their final day of classes at DeLaSalle and help them respond to your call to be balanced, compassionate adults.
Saint John Baptist de La Salle – Pray for us!
Live Jesus in our Hearts – Forever
Today is the second day of the Silver Cohort:
- Period 5: 8:30-9:50
- Period 6/WIN: 10:00-11:20
- Period 7: 11:30-1:30
- Period 8: 1:40-3:00
EGG SANDWICH, FRUIT
- 3:30pm: Girls’ varsity golf vs. Fridley @ Columbia Golf Course
- 3:30pm: Boys’ JV golf vs. St. Anthony Village @ Gross Golf Course
- 3:30pm: Boys’ varsity golf vs. St. Anthony Village @ Gross Golf Course
- 4:00pm: JV softball vs. Minneapolis South @ Bossen Field #2 and #3
- 4:00pm: Boys’ JV tennis vs. Johnson @ Washington Technology Magnet School
- 4:00pm: Boys’ varsity tennis vs. Johnson @ Washington Technology Magnet School
In the news…
Tomorrow is an asynchronous learning day for students in grades 9-11. That means that you should log in to Canvas to see any assignments from your teachers by 9:00am.
Seniors, you must return all school materials, including your iPad, this week. All materials must be returned by graduation rehearsal on Wednesday, May 19.
- Students may turn in their iPad to the IT office if it is no longer needed for finals. iPads may be returned before and after school, during lunches, free periods, and WIN. The iPad, keyboard, case, power adapter and power/sync cable must be returned. Please complete the iPad Return Checklist, signed by a parent/guardian, and return it with the iPad. iPads must be returned before graduation rehearsal on Wednesday, May 19.
The IT office will be open to receive iPads today and tomorrow from 8:00am-4:30pm. Students may also return their iPad before graduation rehearsal on May 19.
- Students must also return school materials such as textbooks. Students in the Gold, Silver, or Red Cohorts should return materials to their teacher during class once they no longer need it the week of May 10. Blue Cohort students may return materials to their teacher(s) before or after school. During the school day (8:30am-3:00pm), Blue Cohort students may return materials to the Main Office with a note attached to the material indicating the student’s name and which teacher should receive it.
Clean school uniform items in good condition may be donated to the school’s loaner program by dropping them off in the Principal’s Office.
Good luck to all students taking Advanced Placement exams. You can find information here about AP exams, including a calendar of when tests are scheduled. Test takers should bring two sharpened #2 pencils and two pens to each exam.
There are no tests today. Tomorrow, there are two tests:
- AP Biology from 8:30am-12:15pm in the LL Gray Gym. Test takers will eat lunch on their own off campus after the exam.
- AP Chinese Language and Culture from 12:30-3:00pm in the Thies Lab. Test takers should eat lunch before the exam.
Students and families participating in onsite activities are encouraged to seek regular COVID-19 testing as a form of screening for illness. Now that the State has greatly increased testing capacity at free community testing locations (in addition to the free at-home testing kits), getting a COVID-19 test is quick and easy. Students and families who have no symptoms or exposure are encouraged to get tested regularly.
- Free community testing locations (saliva tests through Vault Health, run by the State)
Scroll to find your city. Locations include Minnneapolis (Convention Center), St. Paul (Roy Wilkins), MSP Airport (Terminal 1), Anoka (Armory), Bloomington (Creekside Community Center), Brooklyn Park (Starlite Center)
- Search all testing locations (saliva or nasal swabs, includes pharmacies, clinics, etc.)
Search by city or zip code
- Order your free at home testing kit (saliva tests through Vault Health, run by the State)
Drop off completed tests at a UPS store. Or, take the test the night before and drop off the completed/sealed test kit in the main school office on the same morning as on-site tests for DeLaSalle employee (May 21, June 4).
DeLaSalle encourages all individuals who are eligible to seek a COVID-19 vaccine to get one. You may sign up for a vaccination through Minnesota’s Vaccine Connector, which is available online or by calling the Minnesota Department of Health COVID-19 Public Hotline at 1-833-431-2053. The Vaccine Connector website is available in multiple languages (select language at top right) and translation is available for phone calls. You may also seek vaccination opportunities through local health clinics and pharmacies. Please contact Caroline Sell, Health Services Coordinator, with questions or to receive additional information and resources.
DeLaSalle families may order a supply of healthy breakfast and lunches for the days when their student is not on campus because they are participating via distance learning.
- Students participating in hybrid learning may order a meal kit that contains three breakfasts and three lunches each. Families may use this form to order the meal kits. Orders must be placed by noon on the first day the student attends in-person instruction (Monday or Thursday) and picked up outside the kitchen at the end of the school day on the last day they attend (Tuesday or Friday). Please note, the pickup date this week will be Thursday because there are no classes on campus on Friday.
- Students participating in full distance learning may also order a meal kit that contains five breakfasts and five lunches each. Orders should be placed by noon on Thursday for pickup at 3:00pm on Friday. Families may use this form to place the order.
The meals are provided at no cost to families through an extension of the federal Summer Food Service Program.