Friday, May 7, 2021
As I undertake ordinary and unnoticed tasks,
Gift me with simple joy.
When my day goes well, may I rejoice.
When it grows difficult, surprise me with new possibilities.
When life is overwhelming, call me to Sabbath moments
To restore your Peace and Harmony.
May my living today reveal your goodness.
Saint John Baptist de La Salle – Pray for us!
Live Jesus in our Hearts – Forever
Today is the second day of the Silver Cohort:
- Period 5: 8:30-9:50
- Period 6/WIN: 10:00-11:20
- Period 7: 11:30-1:30
- Period 8: 1:40-3:00
EGG SANDWICH, FRUIT
- 3:12pm: Boys’ JV golf vs. Academy of Holy Angels @ Columbia Golf Course
- 3:12pm: Boys’ varsity golf vs. Academy of Holy Angels @ Columbia Golf Course
- 4:00pm: Boys’ JV tennis @ Richfield
- 4:00pm: Boys’ varsity tennis @ Richfield
- 4:15pm: C baseball vs. St. Agnes @ West Mini
- 4:30pm: JV baseball vs. Minneapolis South @ Quilici Field
- 7:00pm: Varsity baseball vs. St. Croix Lutheran @ Parade Stadium
In the news…
Good luck to all students taking Advanced Placement exams over the next week. You can find information here about AP exams, including a calendar of when tests are scheduled. Test takers should bring two sharpened #2 pencils and two pens to each exam.
Today’s test is:
- AP Chemistry is from 8:30-11:40am in D104. Test takers will eat lunch at their regular time.
DeLaSalle will showcase the talent and hard work of students in the music and fine arts programs during a virtual spring concert and fine arts festival tonight. The pre-recorded event will be livestreamed on the DeLaSalle website at 7:00pm. The broadcast will feature performances by the A Cappella Choir, Chamber Orchestra, Concert Band, and Symphonic Band. The DeLaSalle Gospel Choir, which made its public debut last month, will also perform. Student artwork will also be shown throughout the broadcast, reflecting the creativity of students in the visual arts classes.
All students can vote today for the 2021-22 Student Council Executive Board! Click here to access the voting page, candidate videos, and ballot in Canvas. The ballot is open from 8:00am-8:00pm today and you will cast your vote in four races. Each candidate was invited to create a video that explains why they are running. The candidates are:
- Ava Krocheski-Meyer & Sophia Noonan
- Patience Akok & Sylvia Torkelson
- De’Jaun Simmons
- Jacqueline Estrada Gomez
- Martina Wolo
- Kai Gauley
- Public Relations:
- Fiona Mundy
Seniors, if you want to sit with a particular group of friends at Prom, please fill out this Prom Table Seating form now. If you don’t fill out the form, we will randomly assign you to a table.
Here is your opportunity to become a student leader at DeLaSalle! Student Council is accepting nominations for Class Representative. Nomination packets are due today to Ms. Brinson in the Student Activities office.
Join Black.Liberated.Knowledgeable today as they host an Afro-Latino Community celebration. The celebration is during the 2nd WIN session starting at 10:40am. Join the Google Meet with the code BLK123.
Students and families participating in onsite activities are encouraged to seek regular COVID-19 testing as a form of screening for illness. Now that the State has greatly increased testing capacity at free community testing locations (in addition to the free at-home testing kits), getting a COVID-19 test is quick and easy. Students and families who have no symptoms or exposure are encouraged to get tested regularly.
- Free community testing locations (saliva tests through Vault Health, run by the State)
Scroll to find your city. Locations include Minnneapolis (Convention Center), St. Paul (Roy Wilkins), MSP Airport (Terminal 1), Anoka (Armory), Bloomington (Creekside Community Center), Brooklyn Park (Starlite Center)
- Search all testing locations (saliva or nasal swabs, includes pharmacies, clinics, etc.)
Search by city or zip code
- Order your free at home testing kit (saliva tests through Vault Health, run by the State)
Drop off completed tests at a UPS store. Or, take the test the night before and drop off the completed/sealed test kit in the main school office on the same morning as on-site tests for DeLaSalle employee (May 7, May 21, June 4).
DeLaSalle encourages all individuals who are eligible to seek a COVID-19 vaccine to get one. You may sign up for a vaccination through Minnesota’s Vaccine Connector, which is available online or by calling the Minnesota Department of Health COVID-19 Public Hotline at 1-833-431-2053. The Vaccine Connector website is available in multiple languages (select language at top right) and translation is available for phone calls. You may also seek vaccination opportunities through local health clinics and pharmacies. Please contact Caroline Sell, Health Services Coordinator, with questions or to receive additional information and resources.
DeLaSalle families may order a supply of healthy breakfast and lunches for the days when their student is not on campus because they are participating via distance learning.
- Students participating in hybrid learning may order a meal kit that contains three breakfasts and three lunches each. Families may use this form to order the meal kits. Orders must be placed by noon on the first day the student attends in-person instruction (Monday or Thursday) and picked up outside the kitchen at the end of the school day on the last day they attend (Tuesday or Friday).
- Students participating in full distance learning may also order a meal kit that contains five breakfasts and five lunches each. Orders should be placed by noon on Thursday for pickup at 3:00pm on Friday. Families may use this form to place the order.
The meals are provided at no cost to families through an extension of the federal Summer Food Service Program.