Thursday, May 6, 2021
We pray that America will be united in love to
serve You with all our hearts, all our ways, and
all of our days. Unite us to pray, love; to live and
walk by the Spirit. Conform and transform us
as we pray and proclaim, “Now the Lord is the
Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is,
there is liberty.”
Saint John Baptist de La Salle – Pray for us!
Live Jesus in our Hearts – Forever
(excerpt from the 2021 National Prayer for America)
Today is the first day of the Silver Cohort:
- Period 1: 8:30-9:50
- Period 2: 10:00-11:20
- Period 3: 11:30-1:30
- Period 4: 1:40-3:00
BAKED GOODS, YOGURT, CHEESE STICK, FRUIT
TRIPLE DECKER GRILLED CHEESE, TOMATO SOUP, CARROT STICKS, FRUIT
If you wish to order lunch, please complete this form in your first class period of the day so we can get an accurate count of how many lunches to prepare. Please enter your FIRST and LAST NAME on the form.
Which lunch wave am I in?
- 3:30pm: Girls’ JV golf vs. Academy of Holy Angels @ Highland 9
- 3:30pm: Girls’ varsity golf vs. Academy of Holy Angels @ Highland National Golf Course
- 4:15pm: Boys’ varsity tennis @ Providence Academy
- 4:30pm: JV baseball vs. Academy of Holy Angels @ Quilici Field
- 4:30pm: Varsity baseball vs. Academy of Holy Angels @ Donaldson Park
- 4:30pm: JV softball vs. Academy of Holy Angels @ Lincoln Field
- 4:30pm: Varsity softball vs. Academy of Holy Angels @ Lincoln Field
- 5:30pm: Girls’ JV lacrosse @ Robbinsdale Cooper
- 7:00pm: Girls ‘ varsity lacrosse @ Robbinsdale Cooper
- 7:00pm: Boys’ varsity lacrosse @ Blake
In the news…
Good luck to all students taking Advanced Placement exams over the next two weeks. You can find information here about AP exams, including a calendar of when tests are scheduled. Test takers should bring two sharpened #2 pencils and two pens to each exam.
Today, there are two tests:
- AP US History is from 8:30am-12:30pm in the LL Gray Gym and Schulze Lab. Test takers will eat lunch after on Brother’s Plaza.
- AP Computer Science A is from 12:00-3:45pm in D104. Test takers will be excused at 11:15am from period 2 to eat lunch before the exam.
DeLaSalle will showcase the talent and hard work of students in the music and fine arts programs during a virtual spring concert and fine arts festival on Friday, May 7. The pre-recorded event will be livestreamed on the DeLaSalle website at 7:00pm. The broadcast will feature performances by the A Cappella Choir, Chamber Orchestra, Concert Band, and Symphonic Band. The DeLaSalle Gospel Choir, which made its public debut last month, will also perform. Student artwork will also be shown throughout the broadcast, reflecting the creativity of students in the visual arts classes.
Here is your opportunity to become a student leader at DeLaSalle! Student Council is accepting nominations for Class Representative. Nomination packets are due this Friday to Ms. Brinson in the Student Activities office.
Join Black.Liberated.Knowledgeable tomorrow as they host an Afro-Latino Community celebration. The celebration is during the 2nd WIN session starting at 10:40am. Join the Google Meet with the code BLK123.
Students and families participating in onsite activities are encouraged to seek regular COVID-19 testing as a form of screening for illness. Now that the State has greatly increased testing capacity at free community testing locations (in addition to the free at-home testing kits), getting a COVID-19 test is quick and easy. Students and families who have no symptoms or exposure are encouraged to get tested regularly.
- Free community testing locations (saliva tests through Vault Health, run by the State)
Scroll to find your city. Locations include Minnneapolis (Convention Center), St. Paul (Roy Wilkins), MSP Airport (Terminal 1), Anoka (Armory), Bloomington (Creekside Community Center), Brooklyn Park (Starlite Center)
- Search all testing locations (saliva or nasal swabs, includes pharmacies, clinics, etc.)
Search by city or zip code
- Order your free at home testing kit (saliva tests through Vault Health, run by the State)
Drop off completed tests at a UPS store. Or, take the test the night before and drop off the completed/sealed test kit in the main school office on the same morning as on-site tests for DeLaSalle employee (May 7, May 21, June 4).
DeLaSalle encourages all individuals who are eligible to seek a COVID-19 vaccine to get one. You may sign up for a vaccination through Minnesota’s Vaccine Connector, which is available online or by calling the Minnesota Department of Health COVID-19 Public Hotline at 1-833-431-2053. The Vaccine Connector website is available in multiple languages (select language at top right) and translation is available for phone calls. You may also seek vaccination opportunities through local health clinics and pharmacies. Please contact Caroline Sell, Health Services Coordinator, with questions or to receive additional information and resources.
DeLaSalle families may order a supply of healthy breakfast and lunches for the days when their student is not on campus because they are participating via distance learning.
- Students participating in hybrid learning may order a meal kit that contains three breakfasts and three lunches each. Families may use this form to order the meal kits. Orders must be placed by noon on the first day the student attends in-person instruction (Monday or Thursday) and picked up outside the kitchen at the end of the school day on the last day they attend (Tuesday or Friday).
- Students participating in full distance learning may also order a meal kit that contains five breakfasts and five lunches each. Orders should be placed by noon on Thursday for pickup at 3:00pm on Friday. Families may use this form to place the order.
The meals are provided at no cost to families through an extension of the federal Summer Food Service Program.