Wednesday, May 5, 2021
Sometimes I feel that problems disorientate me, overwhelm me, confuse my thoughts and cause bewilderment in my heart. But you come to my call and give me a clear direction.
May Your words always give me understanding. May I find comfort and strength in them. Keep strengthening me to persevere on the path, knowing that even if I stumble and fall, You will always be there to life me up.
Saint John Baptist de La Salle – Pray for us!
Live Jesus in our Hearts – Forever
- 2:56pm: Boys’ varsity golf vs. Richfield @ Hiawatha Golf Course
- 4:00pm: Boys’ JV tennis @ Richfield
- 4:00pm: Boys’ varsity tennis @ Richfield
- 4:30pm: C baseball vs. St. Paul Central @ Quilici Field
In the news…
Good luck to all students taking Advanced Placement exams over the next two weeks. You can find information here about AP exams, including a calendar of when tests are scheduled. Test takers should bring two sharpened #2 pencils and two pens to each exam.
Today, there are two tests:
- AP English Literature and Composition is from 8:00-11:30am in B206, B210, and B215.
- AP Physics is from 12:00-3:45pm in B305 and B311
Here is your opportunity to become a student leader at DeLaSalle! Student Council is accepting nominations for Class Representative. Nomination packets are due this Friday to Ms. Brinson in the Student Activities office.
Sophomores, we are looking forward to spending the day with you today at your class retreat. Here’s what you need to know:
- The retreat starts at 10:00am in the Main Gym. Please be on time so you don’t miss out on the fun! The entire retreat will take place onsite at DeLaSalle.
- Out of uniform event. Students are welcome to be out of uniform but are encouraged to wear Islander spirit wear (DeLaSalle apparel or Hawaiian shirts) and be sure to follow all out of uniform guidelines (no leggings, ripped jeans, etc.)
- Lunch is provided for students who requested it during registration.
- Student’s who requested transportation will receive a message on Tuesday indicating pickup time.
- The retreat ends at 3:00pm.
Thank you and look forward to seeing you on Wednesday,
Join Black.Liberated.Knowledgeable as they host an Afro-Latino Community celebration on Friday, during the 2nd WIN session starting at 10:40am. Join the Google Meet with the code BLK123.
If you are going to Prom on May 14, don’t forget to select what you want for dinner. Please complete the Prom Menu form by tomorrow to indicate your dinner selection.
DeLaSalle will showcase the talent and hard work of students in the music and fine arts programs during a virtual spring concert and fine arts festival on Friday, May 7. The pre-recorded event will be livestreamed on the DeLaSalle website at 7:00pm. The broadcast will feature performances by the A Cappella Choir, Chamber Orchestra, Concert Band, and Symphonic Band. The DeLaSalle Gospel Choir, which made its public debut last month, will also perform. Student artwork will also be shown throughout the broadcast, reflecting the creativity of students in the visual arts classes.
Students and families participating in onsite activities are encouraged to seek regular COVID-19 testing as a form of screening for illness. Now that the State has greatly increased testing capacity at free community testing locations (in addition to the free at-home testing kits), getting a COVID-19 test is quick and easy. Students and families who have no symptoms or exposure are encouraged to get tested regularly.
- Free community testing locations (saliva tests through Vault Health, run by the State)
Scroll to find your city. Locations include Minnneapolis (Convention Center), St. Paul (Roy Wilkins), MSP Airport (Terminal 1), Anoka (Armory), Bloomington (Creekside Community Center), Brooklyn Park (Starlite Center)
- Search all testing locations (saliva or nasal swabs, includes pharmacies, clinics, etc.)
Search by city or zip code
- Order your free at home testing kit (saliva tests through Vault Health, run by the State)
Drop off completed tests at a UPS store. Or, take the test the night before and drop off the completed/sealed test kit in the main school office on the same morning as on-site tests for DeLaSalle employee (May 7, May 21, June 4).
DeLaSalle encourages all individuals who are eligible to seek a COVID-19 vaccine to get one. You may sign up for a vaccination through Minnesota’s Vaccine Connector, which is available online or by calling the Minnesota Department of Health COVID-19 Public Hotline at 1-833-431-2053. The Vaccine Connector website is available in multiple languages (select language at top right) and translation is available for phone calls. You may also seek vaccination opportunities through local health clinics and pharmacies. Please contact Caroline Sell, Health Services Coordinator, with questions or to receive additional information and resources.
DeLaSalle families may order a supply of healthy breakfast and lunches for the days when their student is not on campus because they are participating via distance learning.
- Students participating in hybrid learning may order a meal kit that contains three breakfasts and three lunches each. Families may use this form to order the meal kits. Orders must be placed by noon on the first day the student attends in-person instruction (Monday or Thursday) and picked up outside the kitchen at the end of the school day on the last day they attend (Tuesday or Friday).
- Students participating in full distance learning may also order a meal kit that contains five breakfasts and five lunches each. Orders should be placed by noon on Thursday for pickup at 3:00pm on Friday. Families may use this form to place the order.
The meals are provided at no cost to families through an extension of the federal Summer Food Service Program.