Thursday, March 18, 2021
Almighty and merciful God, drive from us all weakness of body, mind, and spirit. Restore us to wholeness so that we may with free hearts become what you intend us to be and accomplish what you want us to do; through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Saint John Baptist de La Salle – Pray for us!
Live Jesus in our Hearts – Forever
Today is the first day of the Silver Cohort:
- Period 1: 8:30-9:50
- Period 2: 10:00-11:20
- Period 3: 11:30-1:30
- Period 4: 1:40-3:00
BAKED GOODS, YOGURT, CHEESE STICK, FRUIT
In the news…
This Lenten season we come together for reconciliation, to examine our lives honestly, to ask forgiveness, and to be made new. Due to the pandemic, DeLaSalle will offer two different options for Reconciliation:
- Option 1: Communal Reconciliation Service is a prayer service in which you will have time to privately pray, reflect, ask for forgiveness and receive general absolution. This will be held Friday during WIN #1 (10:00-10:35am) in D104.
- Option 2: Private reconciliation (form 1) is an opportunity for you to sit down one on one with our school chaplain, Fr. Kevin Kenney, to confess and be absolved of your sins. You will have the option of sitting face to face in chairs or you can remain behind a screen if you prefer. This will be available Friday during WIN #2 (10:40-11:20am) in D104.
All are welcome to attend either the communal or individual sessions. Students can sign up for sessions in SST.
DeLaSalle will partner with Blankets of Hope to deliver blankets and handwritten letters of encouragement to people experiencing homelessness. This 9th grade community service event will take place at school on Saturday, March 27, from 10:00am-1:00pm. If you are a 9th grader and interested in participating, please fill out the Blankets of Hope form by the end of the school day on Friday, March 19. Contact Mr. Hallman if you have any questions.
Join Ms. Stecklein and Ms. Wojda for a weekly Bible Study during the 2nd WIN session on Fridays, starting March 26. This is NOT Scripture class! Bible Study is something different. Instead of focusing on an entire book of the Bible, a topic-based Bible Study applies God’s Word (from all over the Bible) to issues that we face in our daily lives. Our first Bible Study is called, “Pressures: Keeping it Together When It’s Falling Apart.” God’s Word gives us guidance and strength in challenging times, and sharing our reflections in community is a REAL experience of the Holy Spirit! Join us for what may be a life-changing experience.
Juniors, your class retreat is coming up on Wednesday, March 24, from 10:00am-3:00pm. This is a day of fellowship, reflection and community building. Please check your email to register for lunch and whether you need transportation to this required on-campus event. You may contact Ms. Stecklein in Lasallian MInistry with any questions.
Are you interested in finding a way to have your voice heard? Do you want your artwork to be shared nationally? Are you interested in winning a cash prize? If you answered yes to any of the above, the Walgreens Expressions Challenge is for you!
This challenge is all about providing teens with a platform to share their voice and letting them know that they are heard. The goal of the challenge is to let teens talk about the issues that matter to them and impact their everyday lives.
Students may select from one of following three categories to submit an entry. Each participant can submit one entry per category solo or with a group of up to five people.
- Spoken Word: Poetry, Short Story
- Visual Arts: Graphic Design, Drawing, Painting, Sculpture, Photography
- Media Arts: Video, PSA, Song/Rap
Topic examples include: Social Justice, Impact of COVID 19 on Mental Health, Bullying, Self-Esteem and more!
Visit the Walgreens Expressions Challenge Website to learn more! Submissions are due by March 31 at 11:59 p.m. CST.
Please contact Ms. Swords or stop by room B110 with any questions.
All spring sports will begin on March 29th. DeLaSalle offers baseball, softball, boys’ and girls’ golf, boys’ tennis, track and field, and boys’ and girls’ lacrosse. If you want to participate in a sport, you should register here as soon as possible so that you can receive important information about practices and the team. You must also have a current physical on file with the Student Activities office. Don’t forget to sign up for your sports Remind Code by following these directions.
Students interested in baseball should register immediately and place an order now for required practice gear so it arrives in time for the start of the season. Baseball players are required to purchase a practice jersey, hat, belt, socks, and game pants here. Players may also purchase optional gear, including practice pants, cage jacket, and hoodie, among other items.
Do you want to learn how to drive? Sign up for the next driver’s education class, which begins on Monday, April 12. The class costs $399 and features 30 hours of classroom instruction over 10 days. The class will be held virtually via Google Meet on Mondays-Thursdays from 4:30-7:30pm. You can find the application here. You must turn in your completed application with a down payment by April 8.
DeLaSalle families may order a supply of healthy breakfast and lunches for the days when their student is not on campus because they are participating via distance learning.
- Students participating in hybrid learning may order a meal kit that contains three breakfasts and three lunches each. Families may use this form to order the meal kits. Orders must be placed by noon on the first day the student attends in-person instruction (Monday or Thursday) and picked up outside the kitchen at the end of the school day on the last day they attend (Tuesday or Friday).
- Students participating in full distance learning may also order a meal kit that contains five breakfasts and five lunches each. Orders should be placed by noon on Thursday for pickup at 3:00pm on Friday. Families may use this form to place the order.
The meals are provided at no cost to families through an extension of the federal Summer Food Service Program.