Friday, February 19, 2021
Seek good and not evil so that you may live,
and the Lord will be with you.
Saint John Baptist de La Salle – Pray for us!
Live Jesus in our Hearts – Forever
Today is the second day of the Silver Cohort:
- Period 5: 8:30-9:50
- Period 6/WIN: 10:00-11:20
- Period 7: 11:30-1:30
- Period 8: 1:40-3:00
EGG SANDWICH, FRUIT
- 4:15pm: Boys’ 9 gold basketball vs. Academy of Holy Angels @ DeLaSalle
- 4:15pm: Boys’ C basketball vs. Academy of Holy Angels @ DeLaSalle
- 5:30pm: Girls’ C basketball @ Academy of Holy Angels
- 5:30pm: Girls’ JV basketball @ Academy of Holy Angels
- 5:30pm: Boys’ JV basketball vs. Academy of Holy Angels @ DeLaSalle
- 7:00pm: Girls’ varsity basketball @ Academy of Holy Angels
- 7:00pm: Boys’ varsity basketball vs. Academy of Holy Angels @ DeLaSalle
In the news…
You have ONE WEEK left to make your course requests for the 2021-22 school year. Please check your email for the registration link. You should use the Course Request Worksheet that you received last week to help make your selections. You can find more information about course requests on this Canvas page. Course requests must be submitted by Friday, February 26.
All students are invited to a town hall meeting with Student Council and administration during the WIN session today. The town hall will take place in D104 or you can join the Google Meet.
The new floor in the Main Gymnasium looks beautiful! Our school chaplain, Fr. Kevin Kenney ‘78, will bless the floor during a short pregame ceremony tonight before the varsity boys’ basketball team hosts the Academy of Holy Angels at 7:00pm. Click here to find a livestream of the game.
Juniors and Seniors who are eligible to apply for National Honor Society received an email this week with an invitation to apply. Applications are due this morning. Please see Ms. Groenke or Br. Dylan, NHS co-moderators, with questions about NHS or the application process.
At DeLaSalle, we observe the Lenten practice of abstaining from meat on Fridays. That’s why you will only find meatless options served in the DeLaSalle Cafe on Fridays.
B.L.K. (Black.Liberated.Knowledgeable) is hosting a talent show this month to show off student talents as part of Black History Month. If you have a talent that you would like to share with the community, please fill out this form. Organizers are looking for such talents as poetry, spoken word, song, and skits. See Ms. McAdams in the Guidance office with any questions.
Help support reading! Riley Thompson ’21 is leading volunteers in the construction, decoration, and installation of Little Free Libraries as his Eagle Scout Service Project and is collecting books to fill the new libraries.
Please drop off any unwanted, extra, or used books (any reading level) at the front office. Donations will be used to fill Little Free Libraries in Ramsey County public parks, any extra books will be donated directly to the nonprofit organization, the Friends of Ramsey County Libraries.
DeLaSalle families may order a supply of healthy breakfast and lunches for the days when their student is not on campus because they are participating via distance learning.
- Students participating in hybrid learning may order a meal kit that contains three breakfasts and three lunches each. Families may use this form to order the meal kits. Orders must be placed by noon on the first day the student attends in-person instruction (Monday or Thursday) and picked up outside the kitchen at the end of the school day on the last day they attend (Tuesday or Friday).
- Students participating in full distance learning may also order a meal kit that contains five breakfasts and five lunches each. Orders should be placed by noon on Thursday for pickup at 3:00pm on Friday. Families may use this form to place the order.
The meals are provided at no cost to families through an extension of the federal Summer Food Service Program.