Tuesday, February 2, 2021
During Catholic Schools Week, we are reminded that our
personal Lasallian journeys are shared with over one million students
in 80 countries around the world.
May our shared charism (care-ism) unite us,
our cultural differences enrich us,
and God’s grace inspire us.
Saint John Baptist de La Salle – Pray for us!
Live Jesus in our Hearts – Forever
Today is the second day of the Gold Cohort:
- Period 5: 8:30-9:50
- Period 6/WIN: 10:00-11:20
- Period 7: 11:30-1:30
- Period 8: 1:40-3:00
EGG SANDWICH, FRUIT
- 4:15pm: Boys’ C basketball vs. Brooklyn Center @ DeLaSalle
- 5:00pm: Boys’ JV hockey vs. SPA @ Polar Ice Arena
- 5:30pm: Boys’ JV basketball vs. Brooklyn Center @ DeLaSalle
- 6:00pm: Girls’ varsity hockey vs. Rochester Lourdes @ Minnehaha Academy Ice Arena South Campus
- 6:00pm: Boys’ swimming and diving all conference meet @ Richfield
- 7:00pm: Boys’ varsity basketball vs. Brooklyn Center @ DeLaSalle
- 7:00pm: Boys’ varsity hockey vs. SPA @ Minnehaha Academy Ice Arena South Campus
In the news…
Join in our annual celebration of Catholic Schools Week/Winterfest!
You may dress out of uniform this week according to the theme for each day. Here are the remaining themes:
- Tuesday: Jersey Day: Dress in your favorite team’s jersey.
- Wednesday: Islander Day: Find that tropical island attire or your favorite black and gold gear.
- Thursday: Throwback Thursday: Pick a decade. Dress to match.
- Friday: Mismatch Day: Stripes + plaid = okay! Matching doesn’t matter today.
Please remember, all out-of-uniform guidelines from the Student-Parent handbook are in effect. This means “No yoga pants, halter tops, tank tops, or bare midriffs; no sunglasses; and only knee length shorts and skits will be permitted” at any time during the week. Students in violation of these guidelines will be required to wear a uniform from the loaner closet.
Silver Cohort: Play Bingo during lunches on Thursday!
TODAY is the last day to sign up for tomorrow’s movie night. The movie will be shown in the Florance Center after the dodgeball tournament, from 4:00-6:00pm. Students need to sign up as space is limited. Students must find their own transportation home after the movie.
We will gather as a school community this morning for our Catholic Schools Week Mass with school chaplain, Fr. Kevin Kenney ‘78. Mass will be in the Florance Center at 10:00am. Juniors in the Gold Cohort will attend the Mass in person while all others participate via a livestream. If you are not a junior in the Gold Cohort, please remain logged in or present in your 5th period class.
The spirit stick is up for grabs, whoever can locate it will win a gift card! Once you find it, bring it to the Student Activities Office. The spirit stick is only hiding in general locations within the building, no classrooms, offices, or restrooms. You cannot look for the spirit stick during class hours; only during passing time, lunch, before and after school.
Check back here each morning for the new clue! May the odds be ever in your favor!
Tuesday’s Clue: Community is a huge part of DeLaSalle. We love to gather, We love to sing, We love to worship, We love to break bread. This space can provide it all! So much space, but just one little spirit stick hiding in an area where our feet travel often, to elevate us to new heights. In sports, not many students love running these.
We had a GREAT Islander Pride Day with 9th graders on Wednesday. 12th graders will celebrate their Islander Pride Day tomorrow from 10:00am-1:00pm. Meanwhile, 11th graders will have their Islander Pride Day on Wednesday, February 10, and registration for juniors closes tomorrow. Juniors should check their Islander Apps email for a link to the registration form and more details.
Congratulations to the top Quiz Bowl team of Kieran Rowe (captain), Bolu Ilelaboye, Shane Zenk and Nat Chang-Deutsch who qualified for the State Playoffs and the NAQT National Tourney. Also having a great Quiz Bowl season were Morgan Bailie, Owen Johnson, Jacqueline Estrada Gomez, Charlie Fisher, Mitch Spack and Bennett Wartner.
DeLaSalle families may order a supply of healthy breakfast and lunches for the days when their student is not on campus because they are participating via distance learning.
- Students participating in hybrid learning may order a meal kit that contains three breakfasts and three lunches each. Families may use this form to order the meal kits. Orders must be placed by noon on the first day the student attends in-person instruction (Monday or Thursday) and picked up outside the kitchen at the end of the school day on the last day they attend (Tuesday or Friday).
- Students participating in full distance learning may also order a meal kit that contains five breakfasts and five lunches each. Orders should be placed by noon on Thursday for pickup at 3:00pm on Friday. Families may use this form to place the order.
The meals are provided at no cost to families through an extension of the federal Summer Food Service Program.