Tuesday, January 26, 2021
Dear Heavenly Father,
Thank You for the mentors who light the way when our paths seem most dark. Thank You for buffering our weakness and inadequacies with men and women who have been there and have the wisdom to motivate us out of there. As we progress in our purpose, we pray that you allow us to tune our ears toward wisdom and also lead others out of darkness and into light.
In Jesus name, Amen.
Saint John Baptist de La Salle – Pray for us!
Live Jesus in our Hearts – Forever
Today is the second day of the Gold Cohort:
- Period 5: 8:30-9:50
- Period 6/WIN: 10:00-11:20
- Period 7: 11:30-1:30
- Period 8: 1:40-3:00
EGG SANDWICH, FRUIT
- 4:15pm: Girls’ C basketball vs. Academy of Holy Angels @ DeLaSalle
- 4:15pm: Boys’ 9 gold basketball @ Academy of Holy Angels
- 5:00pm: Boys’ JV hockey vs. Minneapolis co-op @ Parade Ice Garden
- 5:30pm: Girls’ JV basketball vs. Academy of Holy Angels @ DeLaSalle
- 5:30pm: Boys’ C basketball @ Academy of Holy Angels
- 5:30pm: Boys’ JV basketball @ Academy of Holy Angels
- 6:00pm: Boys’ swimming and diving all conference meet @ Minneapolis Southwest
- 7:00pm: Girls’ varsity basketball vs. Academy of Holy Angels @ DeLaSalle
- 7:00pm: Boys’ varsity basketball @ Academy of Holy Angels
- 7:00pm: Boys varsity hockey vs. Minneapolis co-op @ Parade Ice Garden
In the news…
DeLaSalle students who were not present for Picture Day in November or who wish to have their picture retaken may do so during Picture Retake Day. The retake day for Silver Cohort students is Thursday. Students in the Blue Cohort can have their picture retaken either day between 3:00-4:00pm. Retakes will occur in the Schulze Learning Lab (D104A) or the LL Gray Gym. Students who already placed an order but were not happy with their original photograph will have their package automatically updated with the retake photo. Students who missed the original Picture Day may order photos online before Picture Day or up to 48 hours after or wait until the photo proof arrives three weeks later.
DeLaSalle Theatre is excited to announce auditions for the winter plays MADAME EXECUTIONER and THE YETI. Both are written by James Buffington and directed by Farrah and James Buffington.
Auditions are today and Thursday, from 3:30-6:00pm, in D117. Callbacks are Friday, January 29 from 3:30-5:00pm in D117. Rehearsal dates are February 1-March 13, tech week is March 15-18, and performance dates are March 19, 20, 26, and 27.
Cast Sizes: The directors are looking for a total of 22 on-stage performers between both shows. All students are invited and encouraged to audition.
Audition Preparation: Both shows are comedies and the directors are looking for students to bring energy and fun to their audition. No need to prepare as audition sides will be available the day of the audition. If you prefer to prepare a monologue, please limit your piece to two minutes.
For questions, email Mr. Buffington:
DeLaSalle Theatre is actively seeking students for the tech crew for our winter plays MADAME EXECUTIONER and THE YETI. These productions are going to be full of practical and special effects and we’re looking to add to our award winning technical theatre team.
Sign ups are open January 26 & Thursday, January 28 3:30pm – 4:00pm in D117. Stop by and scan the QR code to sign up and still make your bus. Stay to meet the tech managers and get a tour of the stage.
Email Mrs. Buffington with any questions:
B.L.K. (Black.Liberated.Knowledgeable) meets tomorrow during the first WIN session. All are welcome.
Sign up now for the annual DeLaSalle Dodgeball Tournament! The tournament will be held on Wednesday, February 3, from 1:00-3:00pm in the gym. Teams will be compiled of 10 students within your grade level (your class). If you want to participate and represent your class, please fill out this form. Transportation will not be provided. Sign up closes on Sunday, January 31 at 11:59pm.
Seniors, join your classmates to show off your Islander pride! The 12th grade Islander Pride Day is on Wednesday, February 3, from 10:00am-1:00pm, followed by an optional dodgeball tournament. Check your Islander Apps email for more information and a link to sign up!
Looking for something fun to do? Want to get to know your classmates and other students? Join the eSports Club during the second WIN session on Friday. Those who attend will register to participate in the club and get signed up for the applications that club members will use to play games. See Mr. Cote with questions.
All boys interested in participating for boys’ tennis this spring should sign up for the Remind App ASAP. Coach Barry will be checking in with all tennis players to prepare for the upcoming season. Remind App instructions can be found on the Office of Activities webpage.
DeLaSalle families may order a supply of healthy breakfast and lunches for the days when their student is not on campus because they are participating via distance learning.
- Students participating in hybrid learning may order a meal kit that contains three breakfasts and three lunches each. Families may use this form to order the meal kits. Orders must be placed by noon on the first day the student attends in-person instruction (Monday or Thursday) and picked up outside the kitchen at the end of the school day on the last day they attend (Tuesday or Friday).
- Students participating in full distance learning may also order a meal kit that contains five breakfasts and five lunches each. Orders should be placed by noon on Thursday for pickup at 3:00pm on Friday. Families may use this form to place the order.
The meals are provided at no cost to families through an extension of the federal Summer Food Service Program.