Tuesday, January 19, 2021
Thank you for the amazing world you have made.
Help us to care for every aspect of your creation.
Thank you for our incredible minds and bodies.
Help us to become all we could be as individuals.
Thank you for our family, friendships, community and relationships.
Help us to accept, nurture and forgive one another.
Thank you for all these great things in our lives.
May we play our part in bringing peace, prosperity and justice to all.
Saint John Baptist de La Salle – Pray for us!
Live Jesus in our Hearts – Forever
Today is the first day of the Gold Cohort:
- Period 1: 8:30-9:50
- Period 2: 10:00-11:20
- Period 3: 11:30-1:30
- Period 4: 1:40-3:00
EGG SANDWICH, FRUIT
- 4:15pm; Girls’ C basketball @ St. Anthony Village
- 4:15pm: Boys’ C basketball vs. St. Anthony Village @ DeLaSalle
- 5:00pm: Boys’ JV hockey vs. Academy of Holy Angels @ Minnehaha Academy South Campus
- 5:30pm: Girls’ JV basketball @ St. Anthony Village
- 7:00pm: Girls’ V basketball @ St. Anthony Village
- 7:00pm: Boys’ V basketball vs. St. Anthony Village @ DeLaSalle
- 7:00pm: Boys’ V hockey vs. Academy of Holy Angels @ Minnehaha Academy South Campus
In the news…
Because of the holiday yesterday, Gold Cohort students will learn at DeLaSalle today and tomorrow. Silver Cohort students will learn at DeLaSalle on Thursday and Friday. There will be no asynchronous learning day tomorrow.
The Little Mermaid. Aladdin. Beauty and the Beast. The Lion King. Frozen.
If you know these and other Disney movies and shows by heart, then you should play in the DeLaSalle Trivia Night, hosted by the Student Life Committee, next week on Tuesday and Thursday. Trivia Night will be held virtually each night at 7pm. There are only 64 spots available (32 for each day), so sign up now! You can only sign up for one of the days. Those who sign up will receive an email with the Google Meet code and other details. There will be more opportunities later in the month if you cannot participate next week. Hope to see you there!
Are you a junior interested in Engineering? Ever wondered what it would be like to spend some time in a research lab? We have an exciting opportunity to partner with a professor at the University of Minnesota this summer! Two students will be selected to work in a Mechanical Engineering research laboratory for 10 weeks (June 7 – August 13). Click here to apply to this unique opportunity! Email Ms. Townsend or Ms. Kocourek with questions.
Do you want to learn how to drive? Sign up for the next driver’s education class, which begins on Monday, January 25. The class costs $399 and features 30 hours of classroom instruction over 10 days. The class will be held virtually via Google Meet on Mondays-Thursdays from 4:30-7:30pm. You can find the application here. You must turn in your completed application with a down payment by January 21.
DeLaSalle families may order a supply of healthy breakfast and lunches for the days when their student is not on campus because they are participating via distance learning.
- Students participating in hybrid learning may order a meal kit that contains three breakfasts and three lunches each. Families may use this form to order the meal kits. Orders must be placed by noon on the first day the student attends in-person instruction (Monday or Thursday) and picked up outside the kitchen at the end of the school day on the last day they attend (Tuesday or Friday).
- Students participating in full distance learning may also order a meal kit that contains five breakfasts and five lunches each. Orders should be placed by noon on Thursday for pickup at 3:00pm on Friday. Families may use this form to place the order.
The meals are provided at no cost to families through an extension of the federal Summer Food Service Program.