Thursday, November 5, 2020
Look to the LORD in his strength,
seek to serve him constantly.
Sing to him, sing his praise,
Proclaim all his wondrous deeds.
Saint John Baptist de La Salle – Pray for us!
Live Jesus in our Hearts – Forever
Today is the first day of the Silver Cohort.
- Period 1: 8:30-9:50
- Period 2: 10:00-11:20
- Period 3: 11:30-1:30
- Period 4: 1:40-3:00
YOGURT, MUFFIN, ORANGE JUICE, MILK
- 4:30pm: C volleyball vs. Brooklyn Center @ DeLaSalle
- 5:30pm: JV volleyball vs. Brooklyn Center @ DeLaSalle
- 6:00pm: C football @ Hill-Murray
- 7:00pm: Varsity volleyball vs. Brooklyn Center @ DeLaSalle
In the news…
Today is the last day for you to share your feedback in our survey about the hybrid model. Please check your student email or Canvas account for a link to the survey.
!Please come and join us this Thursday at 3:15 at Brothers’ Plaza for another fireside chat! The weather should be great! We will take a short walk/hike around the island,then come back for a fire and S’mores.
Interested in helping distribute communion at Mass? We need your help! Join Ms. Stecklein during Friday WIN for a short training session. WIN Session ONE will be on campus in B210. WIN Session TWO will be online here. Please sign up for a session through the Student Support Time (SST) software. Eucharistic Ministers need to be confirmed in the Catholic Church. Please contact Ms. Stecklein with any questions
Meet with admissions representatives from over 600 colleges at the first ever virtual College Fairs. Sign up here for the fair that is happening this Sunday from 1:00-9:00pm. Parents and students are encouraged to attend and spend some time learning about each school, connect, and ask questions.
Thanks to everyone who donated to the October Respect for Life Month. Together we were able to donate a total of 292 pairs of socks and lots of baby items as well! And…. congrats to STAFF who won the sock drive with 152 pairs of socks! The 9th grade class came in second!
Winter sports are just around the corner! Register today in order to get all the information you need for the upcoming season(s). Click here for more information.
Learn how to drive from an Islander alum! The next driver’s ed class starts the Monday after Thanksgiving. Students will receive 30 hours of instruction in a class that meets virtually via Google Meet. Classroom instruction and behind-the-wheel training cost $399 and the program will accept the first 30 students who register with a $200 down payment. Click here for more information.
DeLaSalle families may order a supply of healthy breakfast and lunches for the days when their student is not on campus because they are participating via distance learning.
- Students participating in hybrid learning may order a meal kit that contains three breakfasts and three lunches each. Families may use this form to order the meal kits. Orders must be placed by noon on the first day the student attends in-person instruction (Monday or Thursday) and picked up outside the kitchen at the end of the school day on the last day they attend (Tuesday or Friday).
- Students participating in full distance learning may also order a meal kit that contains five breakfasts and five lunches each. Orders should be placed by noon on Thursday for pickup at 3:00pm on Friday. Families may use this form to place the order.