Monday, October 26, 2020
Almighty and most merciful God, we remember before you all poor and neglected persons whom it would be easy for us to forget: the homeless and the destitute, the old and the sick, and all who have none to care for them. Help us to heal those who are broken in body or spirit, and to turn their sorrow into joy.
Saint John Baptist de La Salle – Pray for us!
Live Jesus in our Hearts – Forever
Today is the first day of the Gold Cohort.
- Period 1: 8:30-9:50
- Period 2: 10:00-11:20
- Period 3: 11:30-1:30
- Period 4: 1:40-3:00
YOGURT, MUFFIN, ORANGE JUICE, MILK
In the news…
Each year DeLaSalle celebrates the rich diversity that exists within our community. This year’s Diversity Week theme is drawn from a Scripture passage “We are God’s masterpiece” (Ephesians 2:10). A keynote speaker and breakout celebration of culture sessions during the WIN period will help students and staff explore diversity.
- Cesar Castillejos will speak during an all-school assembly on Tuesday from 10:00-10:35am. He is a motivational youth speaker that will share stories and insights about purpose, growth, and the beauty of our unique identities. Gold Cohort seniors will attend the assembly in the Main Gym. All other students will tune in to a livestream online.
- Then, during the second half of the WIN period on Tuesday and during both parts of the WIN period on Friday, all students will have an opportunity to participate in a variety of breakout sessions, ranging from a follow up discussion with Cesar, to understanding the art, language, and customs of many cultures. Students may sign up for a session through their Student Support Time dashboard.
- On Wednesday, all are invited to morning prayer from 8:30-8:50 to pray in response to the injustices happening in our society. From 11:30-12:15, students and staff can bring lunch and meet some new people while playing fun online games. Islanders are also welcome to join the “All Life is Sacred” rosary from 12:30-1:00pm. You can find the Google Meet link on the Lasallan Ministry page in Canvas.
The Green team environmental club will be meeting Tuesday for a outdoor urban hike and Fireside Cider S’more chat after school. Meet at 3:15 on Brothers Plaza by the fire pit. Dress warm, Rain or Snow! if you can, please RSVP to Ms. Beckman.
Join us as we recognize and lift up the dignity and sanctity of life with the following opportunities:
- Baby Item Drive: New baby items (diapers, wipes, bottles, etc.) can be dropped off in the pack and play located in Albers Atrium. Items will be donated to Abria Pregnancy Life Center
- Sock Drive: Each grade level will compete together to bring in the most socks to donate to St. Stephen’s Shelter and Sharing and Caring Hands. NEW socks (in their original packaging) can be dropped off in the bins located in the Albers Atrium.
DeLaSalle families may order a supply of healthy breakfast and lunches for the days when their student is not on campus because they are participating via distance learning.
- Students participating in hybrid learning may order a meal kit that contains three breakfasts and three lunches each. Families may use this form to order the meal kits. Orders must be placed by noon on the first day the student attends in-person instruction (Monday or Thursday) and picked up outside the kitchen at the end of the school day on the last day they attend (Tuesday or Friday).
- Students participating in full distance learning may also order a meal kit that contains five breakfasts and five lunches each. Orders should be placed by noon on Thursday for pickup at 3:00pm on Friday. Families may use this form to place the order.