Friday, October 23, 2020
From the writings of St. John of Capristano
Those who are called to the table of the Lord must glow with the brightness that comes from the good example of a praiseworthy and blameless life.
Saint John Baptist de La Salle – Pray for us!
Live Jesus in our Hearts – Forever
Today is the second day of the Silver Cohort.
- Period 5: 8:30-9:50
- Period 6/WIN: 10:00-11:20
- Period 7: 11:30-1:30
- Period 8: 1:40-3:00
YOGURT, MUFFIN, ORANGE JUICE, MILK
- 12:30pm: Boys’ varsity soccer section semifinal vs. Breck @ Park Center High School
- 7:00pm: Varsity football @ Academy of Holy Angels
In the news…
Yearbooks from the 2019-20 school year have arrived! Students who ordered a 2019-20 yearbook may pick up their book during their WIN period on Friday for Silver Cohort students. Blue Cohort students and Class of 2020 graduates may pick up yearbooks in the Main Office starting Tuesday during normal business hours (8:00am-4:00pm).
Yearbooks are now on sale for the 2020-21 school year! You can order a yearbook online at www.balfour.com or pick up an order form in the Main Office or outside of the IT Office (D217).
Join us as we recognize and lift up the dignity and sanctity of life with the following opportunities:
- Baby Item Drive: New baby items (diapers, wipes, bottles, etc.) can be dropped off in the pack and play located in Albers Atrium. Items will be donated to Abria Pregnancy Life Center
- Sock Drive: Each grade level will compete together to bring in the most socks to donate to St. Stephen’s Shelter and Sharing and Caring Hands. NEW socks (in their original packaging) can be dropped off in the bins located in the Albers Atrium.
Today is the last day to submit a nomination form if you want to run for Ninth Grade Student Council Class Representative. You can turn your form in directly to Ms. Brinson in the Student Activities office or email it to her.Elections will be held on Election Day, Tuesday, November 3. Please email Ms. Brinson if you have any questions.
The Green team environmental club will be meeting Tuesday for a outdoor urban hike and Fireside Cider S’more chat after school. Meet at 3:15 on Brothers Plaza by the fire pit. Dress warm, Rain or Snow! if you can, please RSVP to Ms. Beckman.
DeLaSalle families may order a supply of healthy breakfast and lunches for the days when their student is not on campus because they are participating via distance learning.
- Students participating in hybrid learning may order a meal kit that contains three breakfasts and three lunches each. Families may use this form to order the meal kits. Orders must be placed by noon on the first day the student attends in-person instruction (Monday or Thursday) and picked up outside the kitchen at the end of the school day on the last day they attend (Tuesday or Friday).
- Students participating in full distance learning may also order a meal kit that contains five breakfasts and five lunches each. Orders should be placed by noon on Thursday for pickup at 3:00pm on Friday. Families may use this form to place the order.