Thursday, October 22, 2020
Feast Day of St. John Paul II
Dear Lord, You are the greatest Healer.
You gave Saint John Paul II to the entire world
to show us how much You love us.
With Your mighty power and through his intercession,
we seek healing, not just of our physical body
but our emotional, mental, social and spiritual health as well.
In keeping with Your greatest commandment,
we will love You with all our heart,
with all our mind, with all our soul and with all our strength.
We will also love our neighbor as we love ourselves.
Saint John Baptist de La Salle – Pray for us!
Live Jesus in our Hearts – Forever
Today is the first day of the Silver Cohort.
- Period 1: 8:30-9:50
- Period 2: 10:00-11:20
- Period 3: 11:30-1:30
- Period 4: 1:40-3:00
YOGURT, MUFFIN, ORANGE JUICE, MILK
- 4:30pm: C volleyball @ Fridley
- 4:30pm: JV volleyball @ Fridley
- 6:00pm: Girls’ swimming and diving @ Richfield
- 6:00pm: Varsity volleyball @ Fridley
In the news…
Yearbooks from the 2019-20 school year have arrived! Students who ordered a 2019-20 yearbook may pick up their book during their WIN period on Friday for Silver Cohort students. Blue Cohort students and Class of 2020 graduates may pick up yearbooks in the Main Office starting Tuesday during normal business hours (8:00am-4:00pm).
Yearbooks are now on sale for the 2020-21 school year! You can order a yearbook online at www.balfour.com or pick up an order form in the Main Office or outside of the IT Office (D217).
Next week is Diversity Week, which is a time to recognize and celebrate the beauty in different cultures and voices and the wonderful diversity we have here at DeLaSalle. As part of Diversity Week, we will be using Friday WIN sessions to offer fun, engaging, creative, educational on campus and online sessions to celebrate cultures and diversity. We are looking for students to help plan some of these sessions!! Do you have an idea for a session? Would you be willing to help plan and lead a session? Do you know of anyone in our greater community who might be willing to come share with us? Please contact Ms. Stecklein with suggestions and ideas.
Join us as we recognize and lift up the dignity and sanctity of life with the following opportunities:
- Baby Item Drive: New baby items (diapers, wipes, bottles, etc.) can be dropped off in the pack and play located in Albers Atrium. Items will be donated to Abria Pregnancy Life Center
- Sock Drive: Each grade level will compete together to bring in the most socks to donate to St. Stephen’s Shelter and Sharing and Caring Hands. NEW socks (in their original packaging) can be dropped off in the bins located in the Albers Atrium.
Ninth Graders interested in running for Student Council Class Representative can pick up nomination forms electronically here or in paper form in the Main Office and Student Activities Office. Nomination forms are due this Friday by 3:30pm to Ms. Brinson in the Student Activities Office (in person or emailed here). Elections will be held on Election Day, Tuesday, November 3. Please email Ms. Brinson if you have any questions.
The Green team environmental club will be meeting Tuesday for a outdoor urban hike and Fireside Cider S’more chat after school. Meet at 3:15 on Brothers Plaza by the fire pit. Dress warm, Rain or Snow! if you can, please RSVP to Ms. Beckman.
DeLaSalle families may order a supply of healthy breakfast and lunches for the days when their student is not on campus because they are participating via distance learning.
- Students participating in hybrid learning may order a meal kit that contains three breakfasts and three lunches each. Families may use this form to order the meal kits. Orders must be placed by noon on the first day the student attends in-person instruction (Monday or Thursday) and picked up outside the kitchen at the end of the school day on the last day they attend (Tuesday or Friday).
- Students participating in full distance learning may also order a meal kit that contains five breakfasts and five lunches each. Orders should be placed by noon on Thursday for pickup at 3:00pm on Friday. Families may use this form to place the order.