Wednesday, October 21, 2020
St. Ursula, instructor of the young and guardian of virtue,
help us heed your fine example.
Assist us to follow in your footsteps.
May we learn to love and serve our Lord
and trust in his goodness.
Saint John Baptist de La Salle – Pray for us!
Live Jesus in our Hearts – Forever
Students will participate in online learning and there are no formal classes scheduled. Please review these student expectations for online learning days.
- 4:00pm: C football @ Academy of Holy Angels
In the news…
Yearbooks from the 2019-20 school year have arrived! Students who ordered a 2019-20 yearbook may pick up their book during their WIN period on Friday for Silver Cohort students. Blue Cohort students and Class of 2020 graduates may pick up yearbooks in the Main Office starting Tuesday during normal business hours (8:00am-4:00pm).
Yearbooks are now on sale for the 2020-21 school year! You can order a yearbook online at www.balfour.com or pick up an order form in the Main Office or outside of the IT Office (D217).
Next week is Diversity Week, which is a time to recognize and celebrate the beauty in different cultures and voices and the wonderful diversity we have here at DeLaSalle. As part of Diversity Week, we will be using Friday WIN sessions to offer fun, engaging, creative, educational on campus and online sessions to celebrate cultures and diversity. We are looking for students to help plan some of these sessions!! Do you have an idea for a session? Would you be willing to help plan and lead a session? Do you know of anyone in our greater community who might be willing to come share with us? Please contact Ms. Stecklein with suggestions and ideas.
Join us as we recognize and lift up the dignity and sanctity of life with the following opportunities:
- Baby Item Drive: New baby items (diapers, wipes, bottles, etc.) can be dropped off in the pack and play located in Albers Atrium. Items will be donated to Abria Pregnancy Life Center
- Sock Drive: Each grade level will compete together to bring in the most socks to donate to St. Stephen’s Shelter and Sharing and Caring Hands. NEW socks (in their original packaging) can be dropped off in the bins located in the Albers Atrium.
The “stage” will look different, but students in DeLaSalle’s award-winning theatre program are excited to again perform for a live audience.
Join students for performances of “The Spitfire Grill” on Saturday, October 24 and Sunday, October 25, at 2:00pm, on the Athletic Field. This “sing through” musical triumph is an inspiring celebration of fresh starts and the power of what one person can do. It tells the story of Percy Talbot, who seeks to find her way following her release from prison. The show is free, but seating is limited and patrons must reserve tickets here. Freewill offerings are accepted. Those in attendance must wear a face covering and practice physical distancing.
Ninth Graders interested in running for Student Council Class Representative can pick up nomination forms electronically here or in paper form in the Main Office and Student Activities Office. Nomination forms are due this Friday by 3:30pm to Ms. Brinson in the Student Activities Office (in person or emailed here). Elections will be held on Election Day, Tuesday, November 3. Please email Ms. Brinson if you have any questions.
The Green team environmental club will be meeting Tuesday for a outdoor urban hike and Fireside Cider S’more chat after school. Meet at 3:15 on Brothers Plaza by the fire pit. Dress warm, Rain or Snow! if you can, please RSVP to Ms. Beckman.
DeLaSalle families may order a supply of healthy breakfast and lunches for the days when their student is not on campus because they are participating via distance learning.
- Students participating in hybrid learning may order a meal kit that contains three breakfasts and three lunches each. Families may use this form to order the meal kits. Orders must be placed by noon on the first day the student attends in-person instruction (Monday or Thursday) and picked up outside the kitchen at the end of the school day on the last day they attend (Tuesday or Friday).
- Students participating in full distance learning may also order a meal kit that contains five breakfasts and five lunches each. Orders should be placed by noon on Thursday for pickup at 3:00pm on Friday. Families may use this form to place the order.