Friday, October 9, 2020
O gentle Jesus, through whom all life came to be,
hear our prayers for all men and women.
Hear our prayers for the great and powerful.
Hear our prayers for the weak and broken.
Hear our prayers for the littlest and most innocent.
Hear our prayer for tall human cedars
and the very littlest of human flowers.
May all see in each the souls so precious to You,
and through the intercession of Saint Thérèse
may each of them be kept saved and loved.
We ask this though Christ our Lord. Amen.
Saint John Baptist de La Salle – Pray for us!
Live Jesus in our Hearts – Forever
Today is the second day of the Silver Cohort schedule:
- Period 5: 8:30-9:50
- Period 6/WIN: 10:00-11:20
- Period 7: 11:30-1:30
- Period 8: 1:40-3:00
YOGURT, MUFFIN, ORANGE JUICE, MILK
SOFT SHELL TACOS WITH FIXINGS, SPANISH RICE, REFRIED BEANS, FRUIT CUP
If you wish to order lunch, please complete this form in your first class period of the day so we can get an accurate count of how many lunches to prepare. Please enter your FIRST and LAST NAME on the form.
Which lunch wave am I in?
- 4:30pm: Girls’ JV soccer vs. Academy of Holy Angels @ Ft. Snelling
- 4:30pm: Boys’ JV soccer vs. Academy of Holy Angels @ Ft. Snelling
- 4:30pm: 9 Gold volleyball vs. Visitation @ DeLaSalle
- 5:00pm: Girls’ varsity soccer vs. Academy of Holy Angels @ DeLaSalle
- 5:30pm: C volleyball vs. Visitation @ DeLaSalle
- 5:30pm: JV volleyball vs. Visitation @ DeLaSalle
- 7:00pm: Varsity football @ Simley
- 7:00pm: Varsity volleyball vs. Visitation @ DeLaSalle
In the news…
Juniors have the opportunity to take the preliminary SAT on Wednesday, October 14. The school will open additional testing rooms for students who were not able to register by the October 1 deadline. Test takers should arrive at school no later than 8:15am on Wednesday. Test takers should also check their student Islander Apps email for additional information. Students who arrive late will not be admitted to the test – so please arrive early!
This month we are celebrating Latino heritage. Come join us at the following events:
- Today: Papel Picado making WIN sessions
- Today and Monday, October 12: Dulces and Music in Albers Atrium before school
Join us as we recognize and lift up the dignity and sanctity of life with the following opportunities:
- Baby Item Drive: New baby items (diapers, wipes, bottles, etc.) can be dropped off in the pack and play located in Albers Atrium. Items will be donated to Abria Pregnancy Life Center
- Sock Drive: Each grade level will compete together to bring in the most socks to donate to St. Stephen’s Shelter and Sharing and Caring Hands. NEW socks (in their original packaging) can be dropped off in the bins located in the Albers Atrium.
Meet with admissions representatives from over 600 colleges at the first ever virtual College Fairs. The fairs are scheduled on Monday, October 12, from 1:00-9:00pm, and on Sunday, October 18, from 12:00-8:00pm (click on the date to see which colleges will be participating and how to register).
Parents and students are encouraged to attend and spend some time learning about each school, connect, and ask questions.
The Coalition of Asian-American Leaders is currently seeking young Asian-American youth to join a youth leadership and organizing group called Becoming Organizers Becoming Advocates (BOBA). To learn more about what this group is and for the application (due October 18th), please go to caalmn.org/bob
Because there are no classes October 14-16, distance learning kits will not be offered those days. We will resume our normal schedule on Monday October 19. If you have any questions, please contact Pam Beckman at (612)-676-7658.
School meal boxes are available through Minneapolis Public Schools. School meal boxes contain seven breakfasts and seven lunches each and are available for pickup at any of the 29 school sites. No registration is required and the boxes are available for students who are not enrolled in MPS. Learn more here.
DeLaSalle families may order a supply of healthy breakfast and lunches for the days when their student is not on campus because they are participating via distance learning.
- Students participating in hybrid learning may purchase a meal kit that contains three breakfasts and three lunches each. Families may use this form to order the meal kits. Orders must be placed by noon on the first day the student attends in-person instruction (Monday or Thursday) and picked up outside the kitchen at the end of the school day on the last day they attend (Tuesday or Friday).
- Students participating in full distance learning may also purchase a meal kit that contains five breakfasts and five lunches each. Orders should be placed by noon on Thursday for pickup at 3:00pm on Friday. Families may use this form to place the order.