Monday, October 5, 2020
Feast of St. Francis of Assisi
Lord, make me an instrument of your peace:
where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
where there is sadness, joy.
O divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek
to be consoled as to console,
to be understood as to understand,
to be loved as to love.
For it is in giving that we receive,
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.
Saint John Baptist de La Salle – Pray for us!
Live Jesus in our Hearts – Forever
Today is the first day of the Gold Cohort schedule:
- Period 1: 8:30-9:50
- Period 2: 10:00-11:20
- Period 3: 11:30-1:30
- Period 4: 1:40-3:00
Students will participate in online learning and there are no formal classes scheduled. Please review these student expectations for online learning days.
YOGURT, MUFFIN, ORANGE JUICE, MILK
PASTA WITH MEAT OR MARINARA SAUCE, SEASONED GREEN BEANS, FRENCH BREAD, FRUIT CUP
If you wish to order lunch, please complete this form in your first class period of the day so we can get an accurate count of how many lunches to prepare. Please enter your FIRST and LAST NAME on the form.
Which lunch wave am I in?
In the news…
All other students will have classes on Tuesday. All students NOT testing should be prepared for:
- Maintaining a serious and quiet enviroment in the hallways.
- Plan accordingly for hallway closures.
- Hallway outside of B301 and B302
- Hallway in back of theatre to D117,
- Hallway in front of D104.
- Please plan an alternate route to class if you use these hallways. If you have class in any of these rooms during testing your teacher will give you an alternate location for your class that day.
Seniors not testing do not have class on Tuesday, October 6.
Thank you for working together to create a positive and supportive testing environment for our seniors.
Homecoming Movie Night will happen this Wednesday at 7:00pm on the athletic field. Student Council will provide drinks & snacks, please bring a lawn chair or blankets, and masks are required. If you want to participate, please sign up here.
Join us as we recognize and lift up the dignity and sanctity of life with the following opportunities:
- Baby Item Drive: New baby items (diapers, wipes, bottles, etc.) can be dropped off in the pack and play located in Albers Atrium. Items will be donated to Abria Pregnancy Life Center
- Sock Drive: Each grade level will compete together to bring in the most socks to donate to St. Stephen’s Shelter and Sharing and Caring Hands. NEW socks (in their original packaging) can be dropped off in the bins located in the Albers Atrium.
This month we are celebrating Latino heritage. Come join us at the following events:
- Today: Ecuadorian Musicians during lunches
- Friday and Monday, October 12: Dulces and Music in Albers Atrium before school
- Tomorrow and Friday: Papel Picado making WIN sessions
- On Tuesday, we’ll have a distanced garden party! Meet in the back vegetable garden by the athletic field. We will be putting our gardens to sleep and harvesting all crops. Bring garden gloves if you have them. We will enjoy hot chocolate and cookies as well.
- On Thursday, we will meet at 3:00 in front of school. Kate Clayton from Friends of the Mississippi will be helping us clean out the front gardens and identify invasive plants. Please join us if you can. We will also share in community cocoa and cookies. Dress for outdoor work.
Male students of color who live in Brooklyn Park or Brooklyn Center are invited to consider a special mentorship program facilitated by DeLaSalle alumnus Antonio Smith ’88. Please email Ms. Hodapp if you would like to know more.
Thanks to our robust partnership between parents, students, and staff, we’ve successfully finished five weeks of the 2020-21 school year with a hybrid model of instruction. As you know, our model was formed in large part by parent and student feedback throughout the summer. We thank you for your helpful perspectives, and we have repeatedly witnessed your strong support for our students, staff and other.families. Together, we move forward, and we will continue to look out for each other’s well being. As part of our collaboration, we once again invite all DeLaSalle families to join school leadership in a virtual listening session on Thursday, October 8 at 6:00pm (with a Spanish speaking session at 7:00pm). We will share several important updates in addition to reviewing some important lessons we have learned from the first weeks of school. For many of our new Islander families, we will also preview the many useful benefits of setting up a Canvas Observer account to track your child’s academic progress. Thank you for making time in your busy schedule to join us via Google Meet at 6:00pm on Thursday! Please note: Our capacity on Google Meet is capped at 250 participants. We will share a recording of the Meet for those unable to participate in the October 9 “Looking Ahead at DeLaSalle.”
Please renew your 2020-21 free and reduced lunch applications. If you qualified last year, your benefits will expire on Saturday, October 10. Please apply online.
DeLaSalle families may order a supply of healthy breakfast and lunches for the days when their student is not on campus because they are participating via distance learning.
- Students participating in hybrid learning may purchase a meal kit that contains three breakfasts and three lunches each. Families may use this form to order the meal kits. Orders must be placed by noon on the first day the student attends in-person instruction (Monday or Thursday) and picked up outside the kitchen at the end of the school day on the last day they attend (Tuesday or Friday).
- Students participating in full distance learning may also purchase a meal kit that contains five breakfasts and five lunches each. Orders should be placed by noon on Thursday for pickup at 3:00pm on Friday. Families may use this form to place the order.