Friday, October 2, 2020
Memorial of the Holy Guardian Angels
Angel of God,
my guardian dear,
To whom God’s love
commits me here,
Ever this day,
be at my side,
To light and guard,
Rule and guide.
Saint John Baptist de La Salle – Pray for us!
Live Jesus in our Hearts – Forever
Today is the second day of the Silver Cohort schedule:
- Period 5: 8:30-9:50
- Period 6/WIN: 10:00-11:20
- Period 7: 11:30-1:30
- Period 8: 1:40-3:00
YOGURT, MUFFIN, ORANGE JUICE, MILK
PEPPERONI OR CHEESE PIZZA, SIDE TOSSED SALAD, FRUIT CUP
If you wish to order lunch, please complete this form in your first class period of the day so we can get an accurate count of how many lunches to prepare. Please enter your FIRST and LAST NAME on the form.
Which lunch wave am I in?
In the news…
Thanks to all who have participated in Homecoming this week! Today is the last day:
- Today’s out of Uniform: Denim Day
Wear your favorite jeans, denim shirt, or jean jacket!
Show us your school spirit! Students in the Silver Cohort will participate in a Pepfest and class activity during the second half of the WIN period this morning:
- Juniors and seniors will report to the Athletic Field for a Pepfest from 10:35-10:55am, then from 11:00-11:20am to the LL Gray Gym (juniors) and Main Gym (seniors) for a class activity.
- Freshman and sophomores will report to the Main Gym (freshman) and LL Gray Gym (sophomores) from 10:35-10:55am for a class activity before meeting up on the Athletic Field for a Pepfest from 11:00-11:20am.
The Homecoming Movie Night that was scheduled for tonight has been postponed until Wednesday, October 7, at 7:00pm on the athletic field. Check here on Monday for the chance to sign up to participate. Student Council will provide drinks & snacks, please bring a lawn chair or blankets, and masks are required.
Please renew your 2020-21 free and reduced lunch applications. If you qualified last year, your benefits will expire on Saturday, October 10. Please apply online.
All students NOT testing should be prepared for:
- Maintaining a serious and quiet enviroment in the hallways.
- Plan accordingly for hallway closures.
- Hallway outside of B301 and B302
- Hallway in back of theatre to D117,
- Hallway in front of D104.
- Please plan an alternate route to class if you use these hallways. If you have class in any of these rooms during testing your teacher will give you an alternate location for your class that day.
Seniors not testing do not have class on Tuesday, October 6.
Thank you for working together to create a positive and supportive testing environment for our seniors.
Though spring sports are several months away, students may begin participating in an optional training season this fall. The fall training season for baseball, softball, boys’ tennis, and boys’ and girls’ golf is October 5-24. Track and field will not have an optional fall training season. Students who wish to participate in the training must register for the sport:
- Baseball Registration 2020-2021
- Boys’ Golf Registration 2020-2021
- Girls’ Golf Registration 2020-2021
- Boys’ Tennis Registration 2020-2021
- Softball Registration 2020-2021
Students who are registered will receive more information this week about dates, times, and locations for the fall training.
DeLaSalle families may order a supply of healthy breakfast and lunches for the days when their student is not on campus because they are participating via distance learning.
- Students participating in hybrid learning may purchase a meal kit that contains three breakfasts and three lunches each. Families may use this form to order the meal kits. Orders must be placed by noon on the first day the student attends in-person instruction (Monday or Thursday) and picked up outside the kitchen at the end of the school day on the last day they attend (Tuesday or Friday).
- Students participating in full distance learning may also purchase a meal kit that contains five breakfasts and five lunches each. Orders should be placed by noon on Thursday for pickup at 3:00pm on Friday. Families may use this form to place the order.