Thursday, October 1, 2020
Prayer to St. Therese of Lisieux
St. Therese, Flower of fervor and love, please intercede for us.
Fill our hearts with your pure love of God.
As we approach and celebrate your feast day,
make us more aware of the goodness of
God and how well He tends His garden.
Instill in us your little way of doing
ordinary things with extra-ordinary love.
Give us the heart of a child who wonders
at life and embraces everything with loving enthusiasm.
Teach us your delight in God’s ways
so that divine charity may blossom in our hearts.
Saint John Baptist de La Salle – Pray for us!
Live Jesus in our Hearts – Forever
Today is the first day of the Silver Cohort schedule:
- Period 1: 8:30-9:50
- Period 2: 10:00-11:20
- Period 3: 11:30-1:30
- Period 4: 1:40-3:00
YOGURT, MUFFIN, ORANGE JUICE, MILK
CHICKEN OR TOFU FRIED RICE, VEGETABLE EGG ROLL, CUCUMBER TOMATO SALAD, FRUIT JUICE
If you wish to order lunch, please complete this form in your first class period of the day so we can get an accurate count of how many lunches to prepare. Please enter your FIRST and LAST NAME on the form.
Which lunch wave am I in?
- 4:00pm: Girls’ JV tennis vs. Columbia Heights @ Columbia Academy
- 4:00pm: Girls’ varsity tennis @ Columbia Heights
- 4:30pm: Girls’ JV soccer vs. Columbia Heights @ Nieman Soccer FIeld
- 5:00pm: Boys’ JV soccer @ Columbia Heights
- 5:30pm: Girls’ swimming & diving vs. Visitation @ St. Anthony Village
- 7:00pm: Boys’ varsity soccer vs. Columbia Heights @ DeLaSalle
Please note: Attendance at games and competitions is limited under Fall Approved Sports Fan Attendance Protocols approved by Tri-Metro Conference schools. Please review this document to learn more.
In the news…
Homecoming Week continues – and here’s what you need to know:
- Today’s out of Uniform: Character Day
Come to school dressed like your favorite character from a book, movie, or TV show!
- Tomorrow’s out of Uniform: Denim Day
Wear your favorite jeans, denim shirt, or jean jacket!
- Silver Cohort students: Come play Bingo in the LL Gray Gym during lunches. Get a BINGO and win a prize!
Please renew your 2020-21 free and reduced lunch applications. If you qualified last year, your benefits will expire on Saturday, October 10. Please apply online.
DeLaSalle will offer the preliminary SAT (PSAT) exam at no cost to all 11th grade students on Wednesday, October 14, from 8:30am-12:30pm. Juniors,should complete this form to indicate your intent to take the PSAT and whether you need school transportation on that day. The deadline to sign up is TODAY. There is no online option for the PSAT. The on campus scheduled date of October 14th is not flexible, because it is a standardized test taken by 11th graders throughout the nation
Eleventh graders take this test for three main reasons:
- Most importantly, the PSAT is considered a high stakes, standardized test. Taking this test will prepare you well for all other standardized tests.
- The PSAT prepares students for the SAT college entrance exam, one of the two college entrance exams. The other college entrance exam is the ACT. Juniors took the PreACT test, last year. Upwards of 85% of DeLaSalle students will take the ACT college entrance exam as seniors.
- The PSAT is considered a high stakes test because there is scholarship money attached to this test if a student scores exceptionally well. The PSAT is the qualifying test for the National Merit Scholarship Award. This is a prestigious honor whether a student qualifies as a semi-finalist or a finalist and earns the scholarship money. Every year, DeLaSalle has an average of 2-3 students who will qualify.
Students should watch for more information which will help them understand the logistics of the day and how to show up prepared. Students will receive a PSAT Informational Booklet, with a practice test included, in their US History classes. An online version of the booklet is available here.
All students NOT testing should be prepared for:
- Maintaining a serious and quiet enviroment in the hallways.
- Plan accordingly for hallway closures.
- Hallway outside of B301 and B302
- Hallway in back of theatre to D117,
- Hallway in front of D104.
- Please plan an alternate route to class if you use these hallways. If you have class in any of these rooms during testing your teacher will give you an alternate location for your class that day.
Seniors not testing do not have class on Tuesday, October 6.
Thank you for working together to create a positive and supportive testing environment for our seniors.
Though spring sports are several months away, students may begin participating in an optional training season this fall. The fall training season for baseball, softball, boys’ tennis, and boys’ and girls’ golf is October 5-24. Track and field will not have an optional fall training season. Students who wish to participate in the training must register for the sport:
- Baseball Registration 2020-2021
- Boys’ Golf Registration 2020-2021
- Girls’ Golf Registration 2020-2021
- Boys’ Tennis Registration 2020-2021
- Softball Registration 2020-2021
Students who are registered will receive more information this week about dates, times, and locations for the fall training.
DeLaSalle families may order a supply of healthy breakfast and lunches for the days when their student is not on campus because they are participating via distance learning.
- Students participating in hybrid learning may purchase a meal kit that contains three breakfasts and three lunches each. Families may use this form to order the meal kits. Orders must be placed by noon on the first day the student attends in-person instruction (Monday or Thursday) and picked up outside the kitchen at the end of the school day on the last day they attend (Tuesday or Friday).
- Students participating in full distance learning may also purchase a meal kit that contains five breakfasts and five lunches each. Orders should be placed by noon on Thursday for pickup at 3:00pm on Friday. Families may use this form to place the order.