Monday, September 28, 2020
As we begin this Homecoming Week, we pray for all Islanders who have come before us. We give thanks for the traditions they created, which we continue this week. And we ask you, God, to bless them and their families. Help us carry on their legacy while leaving our own for future generations. Amen
Saint John Baptist de La Salle – Pray for us!
Live Jesus in our Hearts – Forever
Today is the first day of the Gold Cohort schedule:
- Period 1: 8:30-9:50
- Period 2: 10:00-11:20
- Period 3: 11:30-1:30
- Period 4: 1:40-3:00
YOGURT, MUFFIN, ORANGE JUICE, MILK
CHICKEN OR TOFU FRIED RICE, VEGETABLE EGG ROLL, CUCUMBER TOMATO SALAD, FRUIT JUICE
If you wish to order lunch, please complete this form in your first class period of the day so we can get an accurate count of how many lunches to prepare. Please enter your FIRST and LAST NAME on the form.
Which lunch wave am I in?
In the news…
Homecoming Week starts today! Here’s what you need to know for today:
- Out of Uniform: Pajama Day
Show up like you just rolled out of bed. Throw on your favorite pajamas, slippers, or bathrobe and head to class!
- Gold Cohort students: Come play Bingo in the LL Gray Gym during lunches. Get a BINGO and win a prize!
The boys’ and girls’ soccer teams both play games at home on the athletic field this week. Fan attendance is limited. All students have the opportunity to sign up to attend, but preference will be given to seniors:
- Girls’ Soccer Fan Attendance Sign Up – 9/29/2020
- Boys’ Soccer Fan Attendance Sign Up – 9/29/2020
- Boys’ Soccer Fan Attendance Sign Up- 10/1/2020
Make plans for tomorrow’s dress up theme, which is camo day. Dress up in green, brown or your best camouflage!
We will gather as a school community for our Homecoming Prayer Service tomorrow during the first part of the WIN period (from 10:00-10:30am). Seniors in the Gold Cohort will gather in the Main Gym, while everyone else may watch a livestream of the prayer service here.
Following the prayer service tomorrow, students in the Gold Cohort will participate in a Pepfest or class activity during the second half of the WIN period:
- Juniors and seniors will report to the Athletic Field for a Pepfest from 10:35-10:55am, then from 11:00-11:20am to the LL Gray Gym (juniors) and Main Gym (seniors) for a class activity.
- Freshman and sophomores will report to the Main Gym (freshman) and LL Gray Gym (sophomores) from 10:35-10:55am for a class activity before meeting up on the Athletic Field for a Pepfest from 11:00-11:20am.
Seniors and their families can learn more about benchmarks for the college application process and how to navigate changes in college admissions brought on by COVID-19 at a College Planning Night for Seniors on Wednesday, September 30. The virtual event is from 7:00-8:00pm. You can find the Google Meet code on the Guidance page in the Islanders course in Canvas.
Football and volleyball are back! The official season begins today. Competition and sideline cheer will also begin training today. In order for you to participate in one of these sports, you must be registered for the sport, have a current physical on file with the Student Activities Office, and have completed the 2020-21 MSHSL Eligibility Statement as part of Back-to-School forms. You may find more information on the Athletic Programs web page
Though spring sports are several months away, students may begin participating in an optional training season this fall. The fall training season for baseball, softball, boys’ tennis, and boys’ and girls’ golf is October 5-24. Track and field will not have an optional fall training season. Students who wish to participate in the training must register for the sport:
- Baseball Registration 2020-2021
- Boys’ Golf Registration 2020-2021
- Girls’ Golf Registration 2020-2021
- Boys’ Tennis Registration 2020-2021
- Softball Registration 2020-2021
Students who are registered will receive more information this week about dates, times, and locations for the fall training.
You will have WIN (What I Need) time today during 6th period. Don’t forget that you must sign up in the Student Support Time (SST) software for two WIN sessions, unless you have been “pinged” by a teacher or a counselor. While you’re in the software, you can even sign up for future WIN sessions. You can use WIN time to meet with a teacher, make up quizzes or tests, complete quiet study, or participate in several clubs and activities who meeting during the time. If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
DeLaSalle families may order a supply of healthy breakfast and lunches for the days when their student is not on campus because they are participating via distance learning.
- Students participating in hybrid learning may purchase a meal kit that contains three breakfasts and three lunches each. Families may use this form to order the meal kits. Orders must be placed by noon on the first day the student attends in-person instruction (Monday or Thursday) and picked up outside the kitchen at the end of the school day on the last day they attend (Tuesday or Friday).
- Students participating in full distance learning may also purchase a meal kit that contains five breakfasts and five lunches each. Orders should be placed by noon on Thursday for pickup at 3:00pm on Friday. Families may use this form to place the order.