Wednesday, September 23, 2020
God of all creation, full of love and abounding in mercy,
May the whole earth be filled with your glory.
Saint John Baptist de La Salle – Pray for us!
Live Jesus in our Hearts – Forever
In the news…
While there are o classes today because faculty are participating in a full day of professional development, students should check Canvas by 9;30am for any online assignments or lessons posted by their teachers. Teachers will not schedule formal office hours, but may respond to student questions via email if time allows.
We will resume classes Thursday with the Silver Cohort.
The DeLaSalle Cheer program will start fall training sessions today for both competition and sideline cheer. All students who choose to participate must complete the following steps:
- Read, sign, and return the 2020-2021 MSHSL Eligibility Brochure.
- Confirm that you have a valid sports physical on file in the Student Activities office.
- Complete and submit the registration form for either competition cheer or sideline cheer.
Student-athletes and families must also read and review the Approved Fall Training Sessions Directives, as well as the Addendum to the Approved Fall Training Sessions prior to participating in Fall Training Sessions. The sessions are Monday’s from 4:00-6:00pm and Saturday’s from 12:00-2:00pm in the Main Gym.
The Green Team environmental club will meet after school Thursday for Silver Cohort students. Please meet in the garden (behind the main bleachers of the athletic field by the north entrance). If you have any questions, please feel free to email Pam Beckman.
Students interested in playing boys’ or girls’ basketball this year are invited to sign up for open gym times. The boys’ basketball open gyms are Wednesdays from 6:00-8:00pm and Saturdays from 10:00am-12:00pm and sign up is available here. The girls’ basketball open gyms are Tuesdays from 6:00-8:00pm and Wednesdays from 4:00-6:00pm and sign up is available here. Anyone participating in open gyms must review and agree to the “Approved Fall Training Directives” as well as the “Addendum to the Fall Approved Sports Directives and Approved Fall Training Session Directives” before attending. Both documents are available here.
DeLaSalle students may sign up for a driver’s education class offered by an Islander alum. Ray Kroll ‘60 has taught the classes through his employer, Driver’s Education Incorporated. While Ray is not teaching the course this fall, he is helping register students for it. Students will receive 30 hours of instruction over 15 days in October. The class will be taught via Google Meet from 4:00-6:00pm. Classroom instruction and behind-the-wheel training cost $399 and the program will accept the first 30 students who register with a $200 down payment. Click here for more information.
DeLaSalle families may order a supply of healthy breakfast and lunches for the days when their student is not on campus because they are participating via distance learning.
- Students participating in hybrid learning may purchase a meal kit that contains three breakfasts and three lunches each. Families may use this form to order the meal kits. Orders must be placed by noon on the first day the student attends in-person instruction (Monday or Thursday) and picked up outside the kitchen at the end of the school day on the last day they attend (Tuesday or Friday).
- Students participating in full distance learning may also purchase a meal kit that contains five breakfasts and five lunches each. Orders should be placed by noon on Thursday for pickup at 3:00pm on Friday. Families may use this form to place the order.