Monday, September 21, 2020
God of Mercy You chose a tax collector, Saint Matthew, to share the dignity of the apostles. By his example and prayers help us follow Christ and remain faithful in Your service.
Saint John Baptist de La Salle – Pray for us!
Live Jesus in our Hearts – Forever
Today is the first day of the Gold Cohort schedule:
- Period 1: 8:30-9:50
- Period 2: 10:00-11:20
- Period 3: 11:30-1:30
- Period 4: 1:40-3:00
YOGURT, MUFFIN, ORANGE JUICE, MILK
BUFFALO CHICKEN OR CAULIFLOWER WRAP, FRUIT CUP, BABY CARROTS
If you wish to order lunch, please complete this form in your first class period of the day so we can get an accurate count of how many lunches to prepare. Please enter your FIRST and LAST NAME on the form.
Which lunch wave am I in?
- 4:00pm: Girls’ C soccer vs. Academy of Holy Agnels @ Taft Park
- 4:00pm: Girls’ JV soccer vs. Academy of Holy Agnels @ Washington Park
Please note: Attendance at games and competitions is limited under Fall Approved Sports Fan Attendance Protocols approved by Tri-Metro Conference schools. Please review this document to learn more.
In the news…
There is a new protocol for WHERE students will purchase school lunch.
- If your lunch wave is in the A building, you will travel down the hallway by D104 and into the Florance Center to purchase your lunch from a station there. (Students who are in a second floor A building classroom will go down the stairs in Albers Atrium to continue toward this path). All students will exit the Florance Center through the doors near the Music Room and exit through the back hallway to your lunch spot (either the LL Gray Gym, as well as Brothers’ Plaza or Founder’s Park if they are opoen)
- If your lunch wave is in the B building, you will exit your classroom and go down the stairs closest to the front of the school. Please proceed down the hall to purchase your lunch near the station right outside the kitchen and then exit using the hallway near the Music Room to go to your lunch spot (either the LL Gray Gym, as well as Brothers’ Plaza or Founder’s Park if they are opoen).
Please remember to practice physical distancing of six feet between you and the next person – AND to sanitize your hands before your pick up any lunch items.
The DeLaSalle Student Council, in partnership with the Student Activities office, is planning for Homecoming Week September 28-October 2. This week will include out of uniform theme days and physically distanced activities that all students are invited to join. Student Council is looking for help as it plans the week and asks students to complete this survey.
The DeLaSalle Cheer program will start fall training sessions today for both competition and sideline cheer. All students who choose to participate must complete the following steps:
- Read, sign, and return the 2020-2021 MSHSL Eligibility Brochure.
- Confirm that you have a valid sports physical on file in the Student Activities office.
- Complete and submit the registration form for either competition cheer or sideline cheer.
Student-athletes and families must also read and review the Approved Fall Training Sessions Directives, as well as the Addendum to the Approved Fall Training Sessions prior to participating in Fall Training Sessions. The sessions are Monday’s from 4:00-6:00pm and Saturday’s from 12:00-2:00pm in the Main Gym.
Alatl Society will meet after school today at 3:10pm in B302. We will meet in the room and go outside to the area near Brother’s Plaza. This change is an attempt to avoid the meeting times of other clubs. Please see Mr. Sczepanski if you have any questions.
Students interested in playing boys’ or girls’ basketball this year are invited to sign up for open gym times. The boys’ basketball open gyms are Wednesdays from 6:00-8:00pm and Saturdays from 10:00am-12:00pm and sign up is available here. The girls’ basketball open gyms are Tuesdays from 6:00-8:00pm and Wednesdays from 4:00-6:00pm and sign up is available here. Anyone participating in open gyms must review and agree to the “Approved Fall Training Directives” as well as the “Addendum to the Fall Approved Sports Directives and Approved Fall Training Session Directives” before attending. Both documents are available here.
DeLaSalle students may sign up for a driver’s education class offered by an Islander alum. Ray Kroll ‘60 has taught the classes through his employer, Driver’s Education Incorporated. While Ray is not teaching the course this fall, he is helping register students for it. Students will receive 30 hours of instruction over 15 days in October. The class will be taught via Google Meet from 4:00-6:00pm. Classroom instruction and behind-the-wheel training cost $399 and the program will accept the first 30 students who register with a $200 down payment. Click here for more information.
If you qualified for Free or Reduced lunch benefits in the 2019-20 school year, you must re-apply for the benefits for the 2020-21 school year by Monday, October 12. You can find the application here.
DeLaSalle families may order a supply of healthy breakfast and lunches for the days when their student is not on campus because they are participating via distance learning.
- Students participating in hybrid learning may purchase a meal kit that contains three breakfasts and three lunches each. Families may use this form to order the meal kits. Orders must be placed by noon on the first day the student attends in-person instruction (Monday or Thursday) and picked up outside the kitchen at the end of the school day on the last day they attend (Tuesday or Friday).
- Students participating in full distance learning may also purchase a meal kit that contains five breakfasts and five lunches each. Orders should be placed by noon on Thursday for pickup at 3:00pm on Friday. Families may use this form to place the order.