Thursday, September 17, 2020
Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened, and I will give you rest, says the Lord.
Saint John Baptist de La Salle – Pray for us!
Live Jesus in our Hearts – Forever
YOGURT, MUFFIN, ORANGE JUICE, MILK
CALIFORNIA BURGER OR BEAN BURGER, VEGETABLE RANCH CUP, FRUIT CUP
If you wish to order lunch, please complete this form in your first class period of the day so we can get an accurate count of how many lunches to prepare. Please enter your FIRST and LAST NAME on the form.
Which lunch wave am I in?
- 4:00pm: Girls’ JV tennis @ Fridley
- 4:00pm: Girls’ varsity 4tennis @ Fridley
- 4:30pm: Boys’ C soccer @ Richfield
- 4:30pm: Boys’ B soccer @ Richfield
- 5:30pm: Girls’ swimming & diving vs. Academy of Holy Angels/Richfield @ St. Anthony Village
- 6:00pm: Girls’ JV soccer @ Richfield
In the news…
The DeLaSalle Parents in Prayer group will hold its first gathering of the school year on Friday at 12:00pm at the new Baldwin Family Prayer Grotto. The grotto is located in the courtyard next to Founder’s Park near the intersection of Grove Street and West Island Avenue. Any DeLaSalle parent is invited to attend and should bring their own blanket or chair. The group will practice proper social distancing as it prays for the school, the staff, and the students. For more information, contact Parent Association chair Jackie Schluter Johnson.
The deadline for seniors to register for the school-based ACT has passed and registration is closed. The final date to register was Friday, September 11th. Students who registered will receive a separate email with payment details.
Many of our student activities met for the first time during the WIN period on Tuesday. There will be another chance to participate when we have the WIN period again on Friday. And if you haven’t done so, you can still sign up to participate in one of our many clubs or organizations. The sign up form for activities is different than the sign up for the WIN sessions (which is done through the Student Support Time software), so don’t forget to do that either!
Alatl Society will meet on Monday, September 21 at 3:10pm in B302. We will meet in the room and go outside to the area near Brother’s Plaza. This change is an attempt to avoid the meeting times of other clubs. Please see Mr. Sczepanski if you have any questions.
Students interested in playing boys’ or girls’ basketball this year are invited to sign up for open gym times. The boys’ basketball open gyms are Wednesdays from 6:00-8:00pm and Saturdays from 10:00am-12:00pm and sign up is available here. The girls’ basketball open gyms are Tuesdays from 6:00-8:00pm and Wednesdays from 4:00-6:00pm and sign up is available here. Anyone participating in open gyms must review and agree to the “Approved Fall Training Directives” as well as the “Addendum to the Fall Approved Sports Directives and Approved Fall Training Session Directives” before attending. Both documents are available here.
DeLaSalle students may sign up for a driver’s education class offered by an Islander alum. Ray Kroll ‘60 has taught the classes through his employer, Driver’s Education Incorporated. While Ray is not teaching the course this fall, he is helping register students for it. Students will receive 30 hours of instruction over 15 days in October. The class will be taught via Google Meet from 4:00-6:00pm. Classroom instruction and behind-the-wheel training cost $399 and the program will accept the first 30 students who register with a $200 down payment. Click here for more information.
If you qualified for Free or Reduced lunch benefits in the 2019-20 school year, you must re-apply for the benefits for the 2020-21 school year by Monday, October 12. You can find the application here.
DeLaSalle families may order a supply of healthy breakfast and lunches for the days when their student is not on campus because they are participating via distance learning.
- Students participating in hybrid learning may purchase a meal kit that contains three breakfasts and three lunches each. Families may use this form to order the meal kits. Orders must be placed by noon on the first day the student attends in-person instruction (Monday or Thursday) and picked up outside the kitchen at the end of the school day on the last day they attend (Tuesday or Friday).
- Students participating in full distance learning may also purchase a meal kit that contains five breakfasts and five lunches each. Orders should be placed by noon on Thursday for pickup at 3:00pm on Friday. Families may use this form to place the order.