Monday, September 14, 2020
Saint John Baptist de La Salle – Pray for us!
Live Jesus in our Hearts – Forever
YOGURT, MUFFIN, ORANGE JUICE, MILK
- 4:00pm: Girls’ varsity tennis @ St. Anthony Village
- 4:30pm: Girls’ varsity soccer @ Fridley
- 6:30pm: Boys’ varsity soccer @ Fridley
In the news…
The Lasallian MInistry office has several ways for you to get involved during the school year if you are interested in practicing your faith, performing service, or participating in social justice events. Ms. Stecklein and Mr. Cardenal from the Lasallian Ministry office will visit your Theology class today or tomorrow to explain more. They invite you to complete this survey to share what ways you may want to get involved.
Several student activities will begin meeting for the first time the week of September 14. Some activities and clubs will look different this year because of the COVID-19 pandemic. But what has not changed is the opportunity for students to explore their interests and connect with their classmates while participating in fine arts programs, academic clubs, and other organizations. Students may still register here to participate.
Moderators have begun communicating and will continue to email students registered for an activity with specific details about when and where activities will take place. Some clubs, but not all, will meet during the WIN period. For more information, visit the Activity Programs webpage.
Are you interested in learning a survival skill that was started 40,000 years ago? Do you want to be able to feed yourself if you ever get lost in the wilderness? If so, we have just the activity for you! DeLaSalle Atlatl Society will be starting its 6th season next week. The first meeting will be in Mr. Sczepanski’s room, B302, at 3:10pm, on Tuesday, September 15. Atlatl Society meets Tuesdays after school from 3:10 to 4:10. We will throw darts at targets and for distance. If the weather is lousy, we will remain in my classroom and apply fletching to darts to use in the future. Please see Mr. Sczepanski if you have any questions.
Many ACT test sites have been closed due to the global pandemic and we know that our seniors have been struggling to find a place to test. Fortunately, DeLaSalle is now able to host a school based ACT for our current seniors. Because this is a school based test, students will sign up and pay for their test through DeLaSalle. Please note that this test date/event WILL NOT appear on the national ACT Registration website and the only way to sign up and pay for the test is through DeLaSalle. Please watch the video message from the DLS office of Counseling and College Planning concerning ACT. It may answer some questions you have been thinking about.
Please click on the REGISTRATION LINK to fill out the registration form and see more details.
- Day: Tuesday
- Date: October 6th, 2020
- Time: Arrival 8:15 am, test starts promptly at 8:30am. (Students who arrive late may not be able to test.) The test will conclude at approximately 1:00 pm.
- Location: DeLaSalle High School, Rooms Assignments TBD
- Bring: 3 sharpened #2 pencils with erasers. (Optional water, snack)
- Payment -Made to DeLaSalle High School. Details will be emailed to students and parents/caretakers who opt in to this test.
TWO FREE REVIEW SESSIONS OFFERED: ACT Ready is offering two free review sessions so that students can prepare for this test. The review sessions will be offered:
- Saturday September 26, 2020
- Saturday October 3, 2020
Please see more details in the registration form.
If you qualified for Free or Reduced lunch benefits in the 2019-20 school year, you must re-apply for the benefits for the 2020-21 school year by Monday, October 12. You can find the application here.
DeLaSalle families may order a supply of healthy breakfast and lunches for the days when their student is not on campus because they are participating via distance learning.
- Students participating in hybrid learning may purchase a meal kit that contains three breakfasts and three lunches each. Families may use this form to order the meal kits. Orders must be placed by noon on the first day the student attends in-person instruction (Monday or Thursday) and picked up outside the kitchen at the end of the school day on the last day they attend (Tuesday or Friday).
- Students participating in full distance learning may also purchase a meal kit that contains five breakfasts and five lunches each. Orders should be placed by noon on Thursday for pickup at 3:00pm on Friday. Families may use this form to place the order.