Thursday, September 10, 2020
Heavenly Father, send your Holy Spirit into our hearts, to direct and rule us according to your will, to comfort us in all our afflictions, to defend us from all error, and to lead us into all truth; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen
Saint John Baptist de La Salle – Pray for us!
Live Jesus in our Hearts – Forever
YOGURT, MUFFIN, ORANGE JUICE, MILK
- 4:00pm: Cross country meet @ Richfield
- 4:00pm: Girls’ JV tennis vs. Columbia Heights @ Columbia Academy
- 4:00pm: Girls’ varsity tennis @ Columbia Heights
- 4:30pm: Girls’ C soccer vs. Academy of Holy Angels @ Nieman Soccer Fields
- 4:30pm: Boys’ C soccer vs. Academy of Holy Angels @ Nieman Soccer Fields
- 4:30pm: Boys’ B soccer vs. Academy of Holy Angels @ Nieman Soccer Fields
- 5:30pm: Girls’ swimming and diving meet vs. Minnehaha Academy @ St. Anthony
In the news…
Meet with representatives from hundreds of colleges and universities in the virtual NACAC National College Fair this Sunday, September 13, from 11:00am-7:00pm. More than 600 colleges and universities will be accessible at virtualcollegefairs.org to offer live and interactive Zoom sessions and more. Students everywhere can log in, drop in, and ask questions. Can’t attend this Sunday’s virtual fair? Additional college fairs will be held online on October 12, October 16, and November 8.
There’s something for everyone at DeLaSalle, and we want you to get involved! Hundreds of you participate each year in fine arts programs, academic clubs, and other organizations through our robust Student Activities program. Some groups compete and others do not. Some are seasonal and others meet throughout the year. These co-curricular activities provide students with opportunities to connect with their classmates, enrich their skills, and pursue topics that interest them. We encourage students to explore the many activities we offer here. And we invite students to register here to participate in a club or organization.
Many ACT test sites have been closed due to the global pandemic and we know that our seniors have been struggling to find a place to test. Fortunately, DeLaSalle is now able to host a school based ACT for our current seniors. Because this is a school based test, students will sign up and pay for their test through DeLaSalle. Please note that this test date/event WILL NOT appear on the national ACT Registration website and the only way to sign up and pay for the test is through DeLaSalle. Please watch the video message from the DLS office of Counseling and College Planning concerning ACT. It may answer some questions you have been thinking about.
Please click on the REGISTRATION LINK to fill out the registration form and see more details.
- Day: Tuesday
- Date: October 6th, 2020
- Time: Arrival 8:15 am, test starts promptly at 8:30am. (Students who arrive late may not be able to test.) The test will conclude at approximately 1:00 pm.
- Location: DeLaSalle High School, Rooms Assignments TBD
- Bring: 3 sharpened #2 pencils with erasers. (Optional water, snack)
- Payment -Made to DeLaSalle High School. Details will be emailed to students and parents/caretakers who opt in to this test.
TWO FREE REVIEW SESSIONS OFFERED: ACT Ready is offering two free review sessions so that students can prepare for this test. The review sessions will be offered:
- Saturday September 26, 2020
- Saturday October 3, 2020
Please see more details in the registration form.
How DO you love your neighbor in the middle of a pandemic?
We want you to tell us. Gather a team and come up with an idea that will impact your neighborhood, school, community, workplace, or place that you volunteer and you could earn up to $1,500 to fund your idea.
Find more information here.
The DeLaSalle Cafe serves breakfast daily with easy grab ‘n go options to give you a boost to start your day. A student breakfast costs $2.00 and includes yogurt, muffin, orange juice, and milk. You can buy breakfast from the mobile cart located in the hallway behind the Florance Center stage (the hallway right across from the Albers Atrium entrance).
Students who participate in hybrid learning on campus may purchase breakfast and lunch each day. Breakfast will be sold from a mobile cart located behind the Florance Center stage (in the hallway across from the Albers Atrium entrance). Lunch will be sold from a mobile cart near your child’s 3rd or 7th period class (on the first and second floors of the A building, and also on the second floor of the B building). Lunch will occur during three different waves between 11:30am-1:30pm – when you eat depends upon which class you are in. Find the lunch wave schedule in the Lunch menu section at the top of the Source.
Students who wish to purchase lunch should complete this form at the beginning of their first class period of the day so we can get an accurate count of how many lunches to serve. A student lunch costs $3.25 and includes a pre-packaged main entree, fruit or vegetable, and milk. You may find the lunch menu each day in The Source. A student’s LunchTime account will be charged according to their eligibility (paid, reduced, or free).
Parents are reminded that a student must have sufficient funds in their LunchTime account in order to purchase food from the DeLaSalle Cafe. Families may deposit money electronically into their child’s LunchTime account (click here for instructions on how to create and manage your LunchTime account). DeLaSalle this year will not accept cash or check payments at the school to prevent the handling of currency. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Students who do not wish to purchase a lunch may bring their own cold lunch from home. Unfortunately, due to COVID-19, microwaves are not available and we suggest packing the lunch in a lunch bag with an icepack to keep the food cold.
If you qualified for Free or Reduced lunch benefits in the 2019-20 school year, you must re-apply for the benefits for the 2020-21 school year by Monday, October 12. You can find the application here.
DeLaSalle families may order a supply of healthy breakfast and lunches for the days when their student is not on campus because they are participating via distance learning.
- Students participating in hybrid learning may purchase a meal kit that contains three breakfasts and three lunches each. Families may use this form to order the meal kits. Orders must be placed by noon on the first day the student attends in-person instruction (Monday or Thursday) and picked up outside the kitchen at the end of the school day on the last day they attend (Tuesday or Friday).
- Students participating in full distance learning may also purchase a meal kit that contains five breakfasts and five lunches each. Orders should be placed by noon on Thursday for pickup at 3:00pm on Friday. Families may use this form to place the order.