Thursday, September 3, 2020
St. Gregory, you are a Doctor of the Church and known for the Gregorian masses and the Gregorian chant, both named after you. Pray that we may continue to grow in our faith, reveling in the beautiful traditions of our Church, and passing down these traditions to future generations. Amen
Saint John Baptist de La Salle – Pray for us!
Live Jesus in our Hearts – Forever
YOGURT, MUFFIN, ORANGE JUICE, MILK
CHICKEN FAJITAS WITH A SIDE OF BEANS AND CORN, APPLE SAUCE CUP, MILK
If you wish to order lunch, please complete this form in your first class period of the day so we can get an accurate count of how many lunches to prepare.
- 4:00pm: Girls’ JV tennis vs. Academy of Holy Angels @ Christian Park
- 4:00pm: Girls’ varsity tennis vs. Academy of Holy Angels @ Valley View Park
- 4:30pm: Girls’ JV soccer vs. St. Anthony Village @ Neiman Sports Complex
- 4:30pm: Girls’ varsity soccer vs. St. Anthony Village @ DeLaSalle
- 4:30pm: Boys’ B soccer @ Brooklyn Center
- 4:30pm: Boys’ JV soccer @ St. Anthony Village
- 5:30pm: Girls’ swimming and diving vs. Minneapolis South @ St. Anthony Village
- 6:30pm: Boys’ varsity soccer @ St. Anthony Village
Note: The Tri-Metro Conference has implemented restrictive fan attendance protocols. Please view the protocols here.
In the news…
Today, we welcome the Silver Cohort (last names L-Z) for their first day of in-person instruction at school. A few reminders:
- Please remember to wear your face covering during the day.
- Remember to sanitize in / sanitize out. That means you should sanitize your hands when you enter or leave a classroom or office space.
- Remember to follow the posted signage in the hallways and classrooms.
- Remember to practice physical distancing. This means you should be six feet away from the person next to you.
Students who participate in hybrid learning on campus may purchase breakfast and lunch each day. Breakfast will be sold from a mobile cart located behind the Florance Center stage (in the hallway across from the Albers Atrium entrance). Lunch will be sold from a mobile cart near your child’s 3rd or 7th period class (on the first and second floors of the A building, on the second floor of the B building, and in Albers Atrium for students with classes in the D building). Lunch will occur during three different waves between 11:30am-1:30pm – when your child eats depends upon which class they are in and you can find the lunch wave schedule in our Hybrid Model class schedule here.
Students who wish to purchase lunch should complete this form at the beginning of their first class period of the day so we can get an accurate count of how many lunches to serve. A student lunch costs $3.25 and includes a pre-packaged main entree, fruit or vegetable, and milk. You may find the lunch menu each day in The Source. A student’s LunchTime account will be charged according to their eligibility (paid, reduced, or free).
A reminder that a student must have sufficient funds in their LunchTime account in order to purchase food from the DeLaSalle Cafe. Families may deposit money electronically into their child’s LunchTime account (click here for instructions on how to create and manage your LunchTime account). DeLaSalle this year will not accept cash or check payments at the school to prevent the handling of currency. Please contact email@example.com with questions.
Students who do not wish to purchase a lunch may bring their own cold lunch from home. Microwaves will not be available and we suggest packing the lunch in a lunch bag with an icepack to keep the food cold.
Many ACT test sites have been closed due to the global pandemic and we know that our seniors have been struggling to find a place to test. Fortunately, DeLaSalle is now able to host a school based ACT for our current seniors. Because this is a school based test, students will sign up and pay for their test through DeLaSalle. Please note that this test date/event WILL NOT appear on the national ACT Registration website and the only way to sign up and pay for the test is through DeLaSalle. Please watch the video message from the DLS office of Counseling and College Planning concerning ACT. It may answer some questions you have been thinking about.
Please click on the REGISTRATION LINK to fill out the registration form and see more details.
- Day: Tuesday
- Date: October 6th, 2020
- Time: Arrival 8:15 am, test starts promptly at 8:30am. (Students who arrive late may not be able to test.) The test will conclude at approximately 1:00 pm.
- Location: DeLaSalle High School, Rooms Assignments TBD
- Bring: 3 sharpened #2 pencils with erasers. (Optional water, snack)
- Payment -Made to DeLaSalle High School. Details will be emailed to students and parents/caretakers who opt in to this test.
TWO FREE REVIEW SESSIONS OFFERED: ACT Ready is offering two free review sessions so that students can prepare for this test. The review sessions will be offered:
- Saturday September 26, 2020
- Saturday October 3, 2020
Please see more details in the registration form.
DeLaSalle families may order a supply of healthy breakfast and lunches for the days when their student is not on campus because they are participating via distance learning.
- Students participating in hybrid learning may purchase a meal kit that contains three breakfasts and three lunches each. Families may use this form to order the meal kits. Orders must be placed by noon on the first day the student attends in-person instruction (Monday or Thursday) and picked up outside the kitchen at the end of the school day on the last day they attend (Tuesday or Friday).
- Students participating in full distance learning may also purchase a meal kit that contains five breakfasts and five lunches each. Orders should be placed by noon on Thursday for pickup at 3:00pm on Friday. Families may use this form to place the order.
All student parking permits for the DeLaSalle parking lot are sold out. DeLaSalle has 40 parking permits available for sale that will enable students to park in the Nicollet Island Pavilion overflow parking lot south of the Hennepin Avenue Bridge. These permits, which are sold in partnership with the Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board, cost $280 for the year. Students who wish to purchase one of these permits should complete this form. Students will receive a link to pay for the permit after successfully completing the form.
Seniors who wish to have their photo included in the school yearbook and in the class composite picture that hangs in the hallway must get a senior picture taken by David Bank Studios before Friday, October 23. A David Bank photographer will come to DeLaSalle this fall to take pictures for free, although the date has not been scheduled. The photographer will take two to three different poses and you will have the option to select which of those poses you would like in the yearbook. You may also schedule a photo session at the studio; sessions start at $35. Families who choose to have pictures at the studio can select which photo to be included in the yearbook.