Friday, February 7, 2020
Celebrating Saint Josephine Bakhita · Feast on February 8
Dear Lord, Thank you for the example of St. Josephine Bakhita. Like St. Josephine Bakhita, help me to see and be thankful for the beautiful things in my life, even when I am in pain or I feel I am being mistreated. Help us create a world without atrocities, in which everyone is valued as children of God with free will. Amen.
Saint John Baptist de La Salle – Pray for us!
Live Jesus in our Hearts – Forever!
ENTREE: BREAKFAST PIZZA AND FRUIT OR FRUIT JUICE, MILK
A LA CARTE: YOGURT, GRANOLA BARS, ASSORTED BEVERAGES
ENTREE: CHILI DOGS, POTATO CHIPS, CARROT SNAX
A LA CARTE: CAESAR SALADS; DELI SANDWICHES
- 4:00pm Basketball: Boys C Game vs. Columbia Heights High School @ Columbia Heights High School East Gym
- 4:15pm Basketball: Girls C Game vs. Columbia Heights High School @ DeLaSalle High School
- 4:15pm Basketball: Boys JV Game vs. Columbia Heights High School @ DeLaSalle High School
- 5:00pm Wrestling: Varsity Conference Championship Relays vs. Trinity School at River Ridge @ Trinity School at River Ridge
5:30pm Basketball: Girls JV Game vs. Columbia Heights High School @ DeLaSalle High School(Canceled)
- 5:30pm Basketball: Girls Varsity Game vs. Columbia Heights High School @ DeLaSalle High School
- 7:30pm Basketball: Boys Varsity Game vs. Columbia Heights High School @ DeLaSalle High School
- 5:00pm Hockey: Boys JV Game, Minnehaha/DeLaSalle vs. Osseo @ Osseo High School
- 7:00pm Hockey: Girls Varsity Section, Minnehaha/DeLaSalle vs. SPA/Visitation @ Drake Arena
- 7:00pm Hockey: Boys Varsity Game, Minnehaha/DeLaSalle vs. Osseo @ Osseo High School
*For the most up-to-date information about athletic competitions, matches, or games, please refer to the DeLaSalle’s Activities website and calendar.
In the news…
DeLaSalle is excited to celebrate its Catholic identity during Catholic Schools Week/Winterfest February 3-8.
This year’s annual Catholic Schools Week theme is “Learn. Serve. Lead. Succeed.”
- Squad Day · Get your squad together and roll in with style! Match outfits, resemble iconic duos, or just coordinate colors. #squadgoals
- Winterfest Dance · 7:30-10:30pm, Main Gym · Theme: “Neon” black light (attire is casual)
- Tickets: $8 general admission; $5 for wristband holders
Black History Month (February 1-29) is a federally recognized, nationwide celebration that calls on all Americans to reflect on the significant achievements and immense roles that African-Americans have played in shaping US history.
DeLaSalle will celebrate Black History Month with a variety of opportunities and visuals taking place throughout the school.
- Door Decorations and Posters · Posters will be posted through the halls and classroom doors in each department that will be decorated with the African American History makers who came before us, inspired us today, and will continue to forever be important assets to our countries history and culture
- Cities United – Black History Month Event · Today, a group of students will attend Cities United Black History Month Event at North Hennepin Community College from 8:30 am – 1:30pm
- Friday Morning Fun · Friday mornings during Black History Month, students will showcase music and food in the atrium before school to celebrate African American history and culture.
- Friday BHM T-shirts · Students and staff who purchased a Black History Month t-shirt are also invited to wear their t-shirts (with uniform pants) each Friday as part of our celebration of Black History Month 2020.
February 7, 1991 · Jean-Bertrand Aristide is sworn in as Haiti’s first democratically-elected president.
All DeLaSalle parents are invited to join the Parent Association at its next meeting, on Monday, February 10, as we welcome a licensed psychologist. Dr. Jules Nolan, who is an expert on child development. Dr. Nolan presented to us last year about adolescent behavior around social media and technology, and this year she will share her expertise on adolescent relationships, including dating.
The meeting is from 6:30-8:00pm in the Schulze Learning Lab (D104).
Come join the GREEN Team in celebrating all things chocolate! We will be cooking in the kitchen on Tuesday, February 11 at 3:15. Our theme is “The Earth is our Valentine”. We will be making chocolate earth molds and filling them with covered chocolate goodies.
Please bring a food item to dip into chocolate (potato chips, fruit, popcorn, pretzels, etc). Please be sure to RSVP.
Are you interested in reading with a young student weekly?
Through the initiative of a few DeLaSalle seniors who attended the Lasallian Youth Assembly in Chicago this past summer, DeLaSalle has been given the opportunity to work with Lucy Craft Laney Community School in creating and cementing a reading buddy program between our students and theirs.
Starting next Monday, February 10th, right after students will be bussed to Lucy Laney to read with a group of elementary students, and will return around 4:30pm. For further information or if you’re interested, see Ms. Stecklein.
Students can register now for the next driver’s ed class, which will be taught in April. The class is offered by Driver’s Education Incorporated from April 6-9, 13-17, and 20. Classes are limited to the first 25 students who register with a $200 down payment. Click here to apply.