Thursday, February 6, 2020
Feast of Saint Paul Miki · from the Collect prayer
O God, strength of all the Saints, who through the Cross were pleased to call the Martyrs Saint Paul Miki and companions to life, grant, we pray, that by their intercession we may hold with courage even until death to the faith that we profess. Amen.
Saint John Baptist de La Salle – Pray for us!
Live Jesus in our Hearts – Forever!
ENTREE: SCRAMBLED EGGS, HASH BROWN, FRUIT OR FRUIT JUICE, MILK
A LA CARTE: YOGURT, GRANOLA BARS, ASSORTED BEVERAGES
ENTREE: SWEET N SOUR CHICKEN OVER COCONUT RICE
A LA CARTE: THAI NOODLE SALAD; HAWAIIAN WRAPS; JONNY POPS
- TBD Competitive Cheer: Varsity Competition Cheer vs. New Berlin West @ New Berlin West
- 5:00pm Hockey: Boys JV Game, Minnehaha/DeLaSalle vs. Southwest Christian @ Minnehaha Academy Ice Arena – South Campus
- 7:00pm Hockey: Boys Varsity Game, Minnehaha/DeLaSalle vs. Southwest Christian @ Minnehaha Academy Ice Arena – South Campus
*For the most up-to-date information about athletic competitions, matches, or games, please refer to the DeLaSalle’s Activities website and calendar.
In the news…
DeLaSalle is excited to celebrate its Catholic identity during Catholic Schools Week/Winterfest February 3-8.
This year’s annual Catholic Schools Week theme is “Learn. Serve. Lead. Succeed.”
- Circle of Life Day · Freshman-Toddles (ages 0-5); sophomores-Millennials (ages 20-40); juniors-middle aged (ages 40-65); seniors-senior citizens (ages 65+); staff-high schoolers
- Powderpuff Volleyball · 4:00pm, Main Gym · Students can cheer as the junior and senior boys square off in this Powderpuff volleyball match. Students may sign up to participate outside the Student Activities office.Food will be available for purchase at the volleyball game: a slice of pizza for $2 or soda for $1.
- Squad Day · Get your squad together and roll in with style! Match outfits, resemble iconic duos, or just coordinate colors. #squadgoals
- Winterfest Dance · 7:30-10:30pm, Main Gym · Theme: “Neon” black light (attire is casual)
- Tickets: $8 general admission; $5 for wristband holders
Black History Month (February 1-29) is a federally recognized, nationwide celebration that calls on all Americans to reflect on the significant achievements and immense roles that African-Americans have played in shaping US history.
DeLaSalle will celebrate Black History Month with a variety of opportunities and visuals taking place throughout the school.
- Door Decorations and Posters · Posters will be posted through the halls and classroom doors in each department that will be decorated with the African American History makers who came before us, inspired us today, and will continue to forever be important assets to our countries history and culture
- Cities United – Black History Month Event · All students are invited to participate in the 5th annual Cities United Black History Month Event at North Hennepin Community College tomorrow from 8:30 am – 1:30pm. Sign up here.
- Friday Morning Fun · Friday mornings during Black History Month, students will showcase music and food in the atrium before school to celebrate African American history and culture.
- Friday BHM T-shirts · Students and staff who purchased a Black History Month t-shirt are also invited to wear their t-shirts (with uniform pants) each Friday as part of our celebration of Black History Month 2020.
February 6, 1945 · Bob Marley, Jamaican reggae singer/songwriter is born in Nine Miles, Jamaica.
Come join the GREEN Team in celebrating all things chocolate! We will be cooking in the kitchen on Tuesday, February 11 at 3:15. Our theme is “The Earth is our Valentine”. We will be making chocolate earth molds and filling them with covered chocolate goodies.
Please bring a food item to dip into chocolate (potato chips, fruit, popcorn, pretzels, etc). Please be sure to RSVP.
Are you interested in reading with a young student weekly?
Through the initiative of a few DeLaSalle seniors who attended the Lasallian Youth Assembly in Chicago this past summer, DeLaSalle has been given the opportunity to work with Lucy Craft Laney Community School in creating and cementing a reading buddy program between our students and theirs.
Starting next Monday, February 10th, right after students will be bussed to Lucy Laney to read with a group of elementary students, and will return around 4:30pm. For further information or if you’re interested, see Ms. Stecklein.
Students can register now for the next driver’s ed class, which will be taught in April. The class is offered by Driver’s Education Incorporated from April 6-9, 13-17, and 20. Classes are limited to the first 25 students who register with a $200 down payment. Click here to apply.