Monday, February 3, 2020
Through the intercession of Saint Blaise, bishop and martyr, may God deliver you from every disease of the throat and from every other illness. In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, Amen.
Saint John Baptist de La Salle – Pray for us!
Live Jesus in our Hearts – Forever!
ENTREE: PANCAKES/WAFFLE/FRENCH TOAST, SAUSAGE LINKS, FRUIT OR FRUIT JUICE, MILK
A LA CARTE: YOGURT, GRANOLA BARS, ASSORTED BEVERAGES
ENTREE: PANCAKES, SAUSAGE, ORANGE WEDGES
A LA CARTE: VARIETY CEREALS; BREAKFAST PIZZA; YOGURT PARFAITS, SCONES
- 5:00pm Hockey: Boys JV Game, Minnehaha/DeLaSalle vs. Waconia High School @ Waconia Ice Arena
- 7:00pm Hockey: Boys Varsity Game, Minnehaha/DeLaSalle vs. Waconia High School @ Waconia Ice Arena
*For the most up-to-date information about athletic competitions, matches, or games, please refer to the DeLaSalle’s Activities website and calendar.
In the news…
DeLaSalle is excited to celebrate its Catholic identity during Catholic Schools Week/Winterfest February 3-8.
This year’s annual Catholic Schools Week theme is “Learn. Serve. Lead. Succeed.”
- Pajama Day · “I woke up like this!” Show up like you just rolled out of bed. Throw on your favorite pajamas, slippers, or bathrobe and head to class!
- Morning Hot Chocolate ·Start your morning off right with some delicious hot chocolate! Hot chocolate will be free for wristband holders and $1 for non-wristband holders.
- Dodgeball Tournament · The student dodgeball tournament will take place after school. Students may sign up to participate outside the Student Activities office. The cost is $10 per team and signups continue through January 31.
- Go Blue for Australia Charity Day · Wear blue to show solidarity with Australia. Throughout Winterfest week, Student Council will be collecting donations in English classes for the nonprofit Australian Wildlife Conservancy. The English class that brings in the most donations will be rewarded with a pizza party or breakfast provided by Student Council.
- Lunchtime Activity · Decorate snowflakes
Black History Month (February 1-29) is a federally recognized, nationwide celebration that calls on all Americans to reflect on the significant achievements and immense roles that African-Americans have played in shaping US history.
DeLaSalle will celebrate Black History Month with a variety of opportunities and visuals taking place throughout the school.
- Door Decorations and Posters · Posters will be posted through the halls and classroom doors in each department that will be decorated with the African American History makers who came before us, inspired us today, and will continue to forever be important assets to our countries history and culture
- Move Night · “The Hate U Give” will be shown at 3:15pm on Wednesday in D104. Popcorn provided. Bring your own water bottle or beverage
- Cities United – Black History Month Event · All students are invited to participate in the 5th annual Cities United Black History Month Event at North Hennepin Community College on Friday, February 7 from 8:30 am- 1:30pm. Sign up here.
- Friday Morning Fun · Friday mornings during Black History Month, students will showcase music and food in the atrium before school to celebrate African American history and culture.
- Friday BHM T-shirts · Students and staff who purchased a Black History Month t-shirt are also invited to wear their t-shirts (with uniform pants) each Friday as part of our celebration of Black History Month 2020.
To commemorate the Feast of Saint Blaise today, Lasallian Ministry invites students and staff to have their throats blessed. The blessing will take place in B215 during periods 4 and 6 and in B214 during period 5.
All are welcome to join Lasallian Ministry for Mass with Father Bruno on Tuesday mornings at 8:00am in the school chapel. The chapel is located in Christian Brothers Hall through the Lasallian Ministry office.
Yearbook Club will meet in the Thies Lab tomorrow. If you would like to join, please email email@example.com so Ms. Bryson-Tucker can create a login for you prior to the meeting.
Come join the coding club! Play with robots and run through mazes, learn to create a mobile app, learn programming in Swift, Python or Java, or learn to make a website. See Mr Pearson in Room A213 on Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 3-4:30.
Do you want to learn to play chess? Do you want to get better at chess? Are you good at chess? Are you a chess champion? Do you enjoy playing chess? If your answer to any of these questions is “yes”, then please join us for Chess Club each Tuesday, 3:15-4:15 in Room A208. Drop in to play one game or more games. We would love to have you join us!
Congratulations to the Quiz Bowl team of Andrew Amell, Sebastian Dominguez, Abby Hames and Joey Hanson who qualified for the Minnesota State Championship and the NAQT National Competition with a strong performance at Thursday night’s competition and throughout the regular season. Other strong performers Thursday night and through the season include Eleanor Sherman, Henry Fisher, and Nyah Massey. Also, special recognition to Greta Hornquist for her performance and participation over the past four seasons.
Great Job Islanders!
Students can register now for the next driver’s ed class, which will be taught in April. The class is offered by Driver’s Education Incorporated from April 6-9, 13-17, and 20. Classes are limited to the first 25 students who register with a $200 down payment. Click here to apply.