Thursday, January 16, 2020
God our Father, I offer you today, all that I think, and do, and say. I offer it for what was done on Earth by Jesus Christ your son. Amen.
Saint John Baptist de La Salle – Pray for us!
Live Jesus in our Hearts – Forever!
ENTREE: SCRAMBLED EGGS, HASH BROWN, FRUIT OR FRUIT JUICE, MILK
A LA CARTE: YOGURT, GRANOLA BARS, ASSORTED BEVERAGES
ENTREE: SLOPPY JOES, ROASTED POTATOES, FRUIT
A LA CARTE: FARMERS MARKET SALAD; TURKEY AND CHEESE ON KAISER
- 4:15pm Basketball: Girls C Game vs. St. Croix Lutheran @ DeLaSalle High School
- 4:15pm Basketball: Boys C Game St. Croix Lutheran @ St. Croix Lutheran
- 5:00pm Hockey: Boys JV Game Minnehaha/DeLaSalle vs Providence Academy @ Minnehaha Academy ice Arnea – South Campus
- 5:30pm Basketball: Girls JV Game vs. St. Croix Lutheran @ DeLaSalle High School
- 5:30pm Basketball: Boys JV Game vs. St. Croix Lutheran @ St. Croix Lutheran
- 6:00pm Swim & Dive: Boys All Meet St. Anthony Swim Team vs Minneapolis South @ St. Anthony Village High School
- 6:00pm Wrestling: Varsity Triangular vs. Spectrum @ Columbia Heights High School
- 7:00pm Basketball: Girls Varsity Game vs. St. Croix Lutheran @ DeLaSalle High School
- 7:00pm Basketball: Boys Varsity Game vs. St. Croix Lutheran @ St. Croix Lutheran
- 7:00pm Hockey: Boys Varsity Game Minnehaha/DeLaSalle vs. Providence Academy @ Minnehaha Academy Ice Arena – South Campus
*For the most up-to-date information about athletic competitions, matches, or games, please refer to the DeLaSalle’s Activities website and calendar.
In the news…
DeLaSalle will celebrate the life and legacy of Reverend Martin Luther King Junior with an all-school prayer service after first hour tomorrow. DeLaSalle will be closed and there are no classes in observance of the Martin Luther King, Jr. federal holiday on Monday, January 20.
There will be an out of uniform day today! Purchase your out of uniform wristband for $3 this morning. For anyone who purchased a year-long out of uniform pass, all you need to do is wear the wristband. All out of uniform days rules apply, please check the student handbook for details.
Today’s employers want to hire people who are prepared for the workplace and know the latest technology. The Career Pathways Program provides youth ages 15-19 with employment and technology skills training followed by a paid internship in summer 2020.
This program is supported by Keystone Community Services and Best Buy Teen Tech Center Must be age 16 by June 15th for a paid internship.
- The student cohort meets once a week from January-May.
- Build a strong resume and interview skills
- Learn professional soft-skills that equates to success in the workplace
- Networking with a variety of career professionals Learn new tech skills and complete technology-related projects
- Paid internship summer of 2020
DeLaSalle Alum Nicholas Jenkins will visit DeLaSalle and meet with interested students over their lunch period on Thursday, January 16 in the College Advising and Counseling office, B102. Students may get their lunch and bring it to the information session.
Please see the attached flyer and application for more information. Interested students can fill out an application and bring it to the meeting.
The mission of “Black. Liberated. Knowledgeable.” (BLK) is to provide a fun, inclusive space for students to express themselves comfortably, by encouraging all perspectives around the black experience. Our focus will be discussing black and minority issues in society today, through the facilitation of conversations on black culture and unity. In addition to this, we will provide resources to help connect black students with college information. Our events are all-inclusive and student-focused, with an emphasis on the Black Experience. Through all of this, we will promote the self-love and confidence of all identities. We will provide a space for All experiences to be celebrated; while leaving a legacy DeLaSalle can be proud of.
Come to our first meeting Thursday, January 16th in B206 (Mrs. Post’s room) We will be playing a game of Jeopardy on Black Music! Snacks provided!
If you have ever wanted to check out LEAP (Lasallians for Equity And Peace) please come on Friday during your lunch in D104. All are welcome to join LEAP at any time!
This week we have a special guest who is an alum of DeLaSalle. She will share a bit about the history and origins of Tai Chi and also teach some movement.
DeLaSalle’s Student Council is looking for help as they create the playlist for the 2020 Winterfest dance. It would be appreciated if you could help by writing song suggestions using this Google Form. Thank you for your contribution!
You didn’t get to A212 for knitting and crocheting on Wednesday? No worries!
Swing by Mrs. Westphal’s room to pick up a 1/2 sheet questionnaire, or, you can swing by the staff table in the Florance Center during 4th hour lunch and get one there. You aren’t signing up for anything, just letting Mrs. Westphal know you’re interested and if you need supplies.
DeLaSalle Student Activities is piloting Remind, a messaging app that will help bridge gaps in communication among teams, coaches and moderators, student-athletes, and parents. The app can be used by both parents and guardians as well as students. Remind is grouped in “classes” and you can sign up to receive communications for any team on which your child participates. Some programs have individual teams listed (ex: Varsity, JV, or C), others have individual teams plus a program-wide “class” in order to communicate with all teams at once. Click here for instructions on how to download the app and sign up.
DeLaSalle’s athletic trainer, Cindy Schlafmann, is available to meet with and provide training support to student-athletes. She works in the athletic training office in the Main Gym.
Her winter athletic training hours are:
- Monday: 12:00pm-1:00pm
- Tuesday – Friday: 3:15-4:15pm
Any students who experience an injury during their sport should connect with Cindy before returning to play. If you need her outside of her scheduled hours, you may email Cindy.