Friday, December 20, 2019
Loving God, be with me now, as I prepare for my exams. Thank you for the many talents and gifts you have given me and for the opportunity of education. Calm my nerves and anxiety, help me to remember all that I have studied, to express it clearly and to answer the questions the very best I can. Holy Spirit, sit with me in my exam – and always.
Saint John Baptist de La Salle – Pray for us!
Live Jesus in our Hearts – Forever!
|Wednesday, December 18||Hour 2
|Thursday, December 19||Hour 3
|Friday, December 20||Hour 1
- Buses will run normally each morning.
- Students must be in uniform for exam days.
- Students who have study hall or lunch during periods 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6, do not need to be on campus during those periods. They may arrive late or leave early.
- Students who remain on campus during their lunch hour must report to the Florance Center.
- Students with study hall periods 7 or 8 should report to their regular study hall location.
- Students who are on campus during a study hall in periods 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6 should report to the Florance Center.
- Breakfast will be served until 8:30am. There will be no lunch service.
ENTREE: PANCAKES AND BACON, AND FRUIT OR FRUIT JUICE, MILK
A LA CARTE: YOGURT, GRANOLA BARS, ASSORTED BEVERAGES
Lunch will not be served today due to the early dismissal.
- 4:00pm Basketball: Girls C Game vs Benilde-St. Margaret @ Benilde-St. Margaret
- 4:00pm Basketball: Boys C Game vs Benilde-St. Margaret @ Benilde-St. Margaret
- 4:15pm Basketball: Girls JV Game vs Benilde-St. Margaret @ DeLaSalle High School
- 4:15pm Basketball: Boys JV Game vs Benilde-St. Margaret @ DeLaSalle High School
- 5:15pm Basketball: Boys 9 Game vs Benilde-St. Margaret @ Benilde-St. Margaret
- 6:00pm Basketball: Girls Varsity Game vs Benilde-St. Margaret @ DeLaSalle High School
- 7:00pm Hockey: Girls Varsity Game Minnehaha/DeLaSalle vs Osseo @ Dick Vraa Ice Arena
- 7:45pm Basketball: Boys Varsity Game vs Benilde-St. Margaret @ DeLaSalle High School
- 1:00pm Swim & Dive: Boys All Invitational @ Olson Middle School
- 3:00pm Hockey: Girls Varsity Game Minnehaha/DeLaSalle vs St. Peter @ LeSuer Arena
*For the most up-to-date information about athletic competitions, matches, or games, please refer to the DeLaSalle’s Activities website and calendar.
In the news…
There are no classes at DeLaSalle December 23-January 3 as we observe Christmas break. The school will be closed December 25 for Christmas and January 1 for New Year’s Day but will be open during normal business hours from 8:00am-4:00pm all other weekdays.
Please note that many staff members choose to take time off during the break. You may find how to individually contact a staff member through our online staff directory.
Stop by Lasallian Ministry for a Just Dance study break during finals. We will host Just Dance during 4th, 5th and 6th hours (lunch hours) on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. All are welcome!
The hoodie collection is on!! DJ Bonics, a midday host on Go 95.3 and DJ for Wiz Khalifa, has challenged DeLaSalle to donate 1000 gently used hoodies and jackets! Drop your hoodies off in the Lasallian Ministry office OR in the donation boxes located in the atrium by the end of the day. THANK YOU!!
Student Council wants to know what kind of dress-up days you’d like to see during Winterfest. Please vote now.
Please update your school-issued iPad to iOS 13 over Christmas break. We highly suggest you make sure the device is backed up to the iCloud before updating. This must be done at home, it cannot be done at school.
App updates will be sent out periodically over Christmas break.
The Guidance Office encourages students to apply for these college scholarships:
- The Coolidge Scholarship is an annually awarded, full-ride, presidential scholarship that covers a student’s tuition, room, board, and expenses for four years of undergraduate study. The Coolidge may be used by recipients at any accredited American college or university. Anyone of any background, pursuing any academic discipline of study, may apply to this non-partisan, need-blind, program. Students apply for the Coolidge Scholarship during their junior year of high school.
- Graduating seniors in the Class of 2020 with a minimum 3.0-grade point average and a composite ACT score of 18 can apply for a Wallin Education Partners scholarship. The scholarship includes up to $16,000 over four years for students attending a four-year public or private institution in Iowa, Minnesota, the Dakotas, Wisconsin, or any historically black college or university (HBCU) in the country.