Thursday, December 19, 2019
Dear Lord, as I take this exam, I thank you that my value Is not based on my performance, but on your great love for me. Come into my heart so that we can walk through this time together. Help me, not only with this test, but the many tests of life that are sure to come my way. As I take this exam, bring back to my mind everything I studied and be gracious with what I have overlooked. Help me to remain focused and calm, confident in the facts and in my ability, and firm in the knowledge that no matter what happens today you are there with me.
Saint John Baptist de La Salle – Pray for us!
Live Jesus in our Hearts – Forever!
|Wednesday, December 18||Hour 2|
|Thursday, December 19||Hour 3|
|Friday, December 20||Hour 1|
- Buses will run normally each morning.
- Students must be in uniform for exam days.
- Students who have study hall or lunch during periods 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6, do not need to be on campus during those periods. They may arrive late or leave early.
- Students who remain on campus during their lunch hour must report to the Florance Center.
- Students with study hall periods 7 or 8 should report to their regular study hall location.
- Students who are on campus during a study hall in periods 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6 should report to the Florance Center.
- Breakfast will be served until 8:30am. There will be no lunch service.
ENTREE: CINNAMON ROLLS, FRUIT OR FRUIT JUICE, MILK
A LA CARTE: YOGURT, GRANOLA BARS, ASSORTED BEVERAGES
Lunch will not be served today due to the early dismissal.
- 5:00pm Hockey: Boys JV Game Minnehaha/DeLaSalle vs Mankato West @ Minnehaha Academy Ice Arena – South Campus
- 6:00pm Swim and Dive: Boys All Meet St. Anthony Swim Team vs Cambridge-Isanti @ St. Anthony Village High School
- 6:00pm Wrestling: Varsity Meet vs BCCA @ DeLaSalle High School
- 7:00pm Hockey: Boys Varsity Game Minnehaha/DeLaSalle vs. Mankato West @ Minnehaha Academy Ice Arena – South Campus
*For the most up-to-date information about athletic competitions, matches, or games, please refer to the DeLaSalle’s Activities website and calendar.
In the news…
There are no classes at DeLaSalle December 23-January 3 as we observe Christmas break. The school will be closed December 25 for Christmas and January 1 for New Year’s Day but will be open during normal business hours from 8:00am-4:00pm all other weekdays.
Please note that many staff members choose to take time off during the break. You may find how to individually contact a staff member through our online staff directory.
Give the gift of DeLaSalle this holiday season! The School Store is selling a holiday package that includes a hockey hoodie, blanket, stocking cap, mittens, and a scarf for $100 (retail price is $135). Other items that make great gifts include a clear DeLaSalle water bottle; quarter-zip sweater, cell phone socket pocket and much more!
The School Store will be open December 16-19 from 3:00-6:00pm or contact Douge Schildgen at 612-676-7682 for more information.
Stop by Lasallian Ministry for a Just Dance study break during finals. We will host Just Dance during 4th, 5th and 6th hours (lunch hours) on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. All are welcome!
Exposed Brick Theatre (EBT) will create a performance with students from DeLaSalle High School for Social Justice Week in February 2020.
Under the guidance of EBT teaching artists, DLS students will create stories from their own lives that explore key social justice issues – such as gender, immigration, race/ethnicity, and socioeconomic status. EBT artists will weave these stories into a script and the project will culminate in a full production for the DeLaSalle student body. You DO NOT have to perform in order to participate. The time commitment will be during your 44 minute lunch period only on 11 days in January and February. This is open to students in periods 4 & 5 lunches only.
We will have an informational meeting today from 12:15-1:15 p.m. (right after finals) in the Lasallian Ministry office. Please sign up if you are interested.
The hoodie collection is on!! DJ Bonics, a midday host on Go 95.3 and DJ for Wiz Khalifa, has challenged DeLaSalle to donate 1000 gently used hoodies and jackets by the end of the week! Drop your hoodies off in the Lasallian Ministry office OR in the donation boxes located in the atrium through Friday. THANK YOU!!
Please update your school-issued iPad to iOS 13 over Christmas break. We highly suggest you make sure the device is backed up to the iCloud before updating. This must be done at home, it cannot be done at school.
App updates will be sent out periodically over Christmas break.
Student Council wants to know what kind of dress-up days you’d like to see during Winterfest. Please vote now.
The Guidance Office encourages students to apply for these college scholarships:
- The Coolidge Scholarship is an annually awarded, full-ride, presidential scholarship that covers a student’s tuition, room, board, and expenses for four years of undergraduate study. The Coolidge may be used by recipients at any accredited American college or university. Anyone of any background, pursuing any academic discipline of study, may apply to this non-partisan, need-blind, program. Students apply for the Coolidge Scholarship during their junior year of high school.
- Graduating seniors in the Class of 2020 with a minimum 3.0 grade point average and composite ACT score of 18 can apply for a Wallin Education Partners scholarship. The scholarship includes up to $16,000 over four years for students attending a four-year public or private institution in Iowa, Minnesota, the Dakotas, Wisconsin, or any historically black college or university (HBCU) in the country.