Monday, December 16, 2019
God of power and mercy open our hearts in welcome. Remove the things that hinder us from receiving Christ with joy so that we may share his wisdom and become one with him when he comes in glory, for he lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever.
Saint John Baptist de La Salle – Pray for us!
Live Jesus in our Hearts – Forever!
ENTREE: PANCAKES/WAFFLE/FRENCH TOAST, SAUSAGE LINKS, FRUIT OR FRUIT JUICE, MILK
A LA CARTE: YOGURT, GRANOLA BARS, ASSORTED BEVERAGES
ENTREE:GRILLED CHEESE, TOMATO SOUP
A LA CARTE: CHEF’S CHOICE SALADS; CHEF’S CHOICE SANDWICHES
In the news…
|Wednesday, December 18||Hour 2|
|Thursday, December 19||Hour 3|
|Friday, December 20||Hour 1|
- Buses will run normally each morning.
- Students must be in uniform for exam days.
- Students who have study hall or lunch during periods 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6, do not need to be on campus during that period. They may arrive late or leave early.
- Students who remain on campus during their lunch hour must report to the Florance Center.
- Students with study hall periods 7 or 8 should report to their regular study hall location.
- Students who are on campus during a study hall in periods 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6 should report to the Florance Center.
- Breakfast will be served until 8:30am. There will be no lunch service.
Tomorrow is our final Tuesday chapel Mass of the semester at 8:00AM.
We hope that you will join us in prayer. Also, in addition to yesterday’s celebration of Gaudete Sunday (Rejoice), it was also Bambinelli Sunday, an Advent tradition that began when Pope John Paul II invited children to bring their “bambinelli” (Italian name for the Baby Jesus figurine) to Saint Peter’s Square to be blessed.
You are invited to bring the Baby Jesus figure from your Nativity scene to the chapel during 8:00AM Mass tomorrow and it will be blessed by Father Bruno.
Give the gift of DeLaSalle this holiday season! The School Store is selling a holiday package that includes a hockey hoodie, blanket, stocking cap, mittens, and a scarf for $100 (retail price is $135). Other items that make great gifts include a clear DeLaSalle water bottle; quarter-zip sweater, cell phone socket pocket and much more!
The School Store will be open December 16-19 from 3:00-6:00pm or contact Douge Schildgen at 612-676-7682 for more information.
We have jewelry from Kenya and Ethiopia plus prints, buttons, mugs, and T-shirts for sale in the Florance Center or in Lasallian Ministry during lunches through Tuesday. Please check out the supply and pick up a nice inexpensive gift for family or friends. All proceeds will benefit our twin school in Kenya. The items will be available in the Lasallian Ministry office until the supply is gone.
Lasallian Ministry is having a fundraiser at Chipotle on Tuesday, December 17 from 4-8 p.m. at the 225 Hennepin Ave East Chipotle to support students attending service and immersion trips. Let the cashier know you are supporting DeLaSalle-Lasallian Ministry when paying for your order and 33% of the proceeds will be donated to Lasallian Ministry.
Thank you for your support!
Stop by Lasallian Ministry for a Just Dance study break during finals. We will host Just Dance during 4th, 5th and 6th hours (lunch hours) on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. All are welcome!
The hoodie collection is on!! DJ Bonics, a midday host on Go 95.3 and DJ for Wiz Khalifa, has challenged DeLaSalle to donate 1000 gently used hoodies and jackets by Wednesday, December 18! Drop your hoodies off in the Lasallian Ministry office OR in the donation boxes located in the atrium. THANK YOU!!
Exposed Brick Theatre (EBT) will create a performance with students from DeLaSalle High School for Social Justice Week in February 2020.
Under the guidance of EBT teaching artists, DLS students will create stories from their own lives that explore key social justice issues – such as gender, immigration, race/ethnicity, and socioeconomic status. EBT artists will weave these stories into a script and the project will culminate in a full production for the DeLaSalle student body. You DO NOT have to perform in order to participate. The time commitment will be during your 44 minute lunch period only on 11 days in January and February. This is open to students in periods 4 & 5 lunches only.
We will have an informational meeting on Thursday, December 19 from 12:15-1:15 p.m. (right after finals) in the Lasallian Ministry office. Please sign up if you are interested.
Student Council wants to know what kind of dress-up days you’d like to see during Winterfest. Please vote now.
The Guidance Office encourages students to apply for these college scholarships:
- The Coolidge Scholarship is an annually awarded, full-ride, presidential scholarship that covers a student’s tuition, room, board, and expenses for four years of undergraduate study. The Coolidge may be used by recipients at any accredited American college or university. Anyone of any background, pursuing any academic discipline of study, may apply to this non-partisan, need-blind, program. Students apply for the Coolidge Scholarship during their junior year of high school.
- Graduating seniors in the Class of 2020 with a minimum 3.0 grade point average and composite ACT score of 18 can apply for a Wallin Education Partners scholarship. The scholarship includes up to $16,000 over four years for students attending a four-year public or private institution in Iowa, Minnesota, the Dakotas, Wisconsin, or any historically black college or university (HBCU) in the country.