As the seasons have changed to the traditional “winter programs,” we take a look back with pride at the dedication of our student athletes in the fall. More than half of the student body joined a fall athletic program in the fall, beginning practices on August 10 – with many athletes transitioning to other activities programs that launched their seasons in October and November. We have now begun our winter athletic programs in girls’ hockey, boys’ hockey, boys’ swimming, wrestling, and the defending state champions in competition cheer, boys’ basketball, and girls’ basketball
We’re proud of all of our fall athletes and salute their accomplishments — especially these individual athletes who earned accolades for their stellar performances during the fall sports season:
The program, home based at St. Anthony Village High School, which has the pool, includes swimmers from DeLaSalle and three other schools. Ten Islanders were part of a 48-member team.
- Co-captain Ally McCarthy `20 qualified for the State Swimming Championships in two events – the 500-meter freestyle and the 100-meter breaststroke. She advanced to the finals in the 100-meter breaststroke, setting a new school record in the process.
The boys’ soccer team finished the season with a 11-6 record, unfortunately dropping their last three contests after a season of consistent rankings in the Class A Top Ten.
- All Conference First Team: Gus Langford `22, Will Sylvain `21, Chase Taylor `20
- Honorable Mention All-Conference: Andre Clifton `22, Roberto Catano-Almarez `21
- Captains: Will Sylvain `21, Chase Taylor `20
The Islanders were ranked 11th in the Class A poll that ended the regular season, finishing third in the Tri-Metro Conference championship with a 5-1-1 record in league play, 9-8-1 overall against a rugged schedule that included eight of the top ten ranked and four State Tourney qualifiers.
- All-State First Team: Maggie Haller `20
- All Conference First Team: Isabella Benjamin `21, Abby Hames `20, Maggie Haller `20, Maya Wosepka `20
- Honorable Mention All-Conference: Daniela Bunay-Chima `22, Paige Ung `20
- Captains: Isabella Benjamin `21, Maggie Haller `20, Abby Hames `20, Lucy Lyngen `20
The young Islanders, playing many ninth and tenth graders regularly, finished their season with a record of 13-13, including a Tri-Metro Conference record of 6-2:
- All Conference First Team: Molly Laumakis `20, Grace Travis `22, Savannah White `22
- Honorable Mention All-Conference: Margaret Engel `20, Faith Stachowski `20
- Margaret Engel `20, Molly Laumakis `20, Grace Travis `22
The boys’ cross country team finished third in the Tri-Metro Conference Championships and Will Skelly `22 finished second in the individual race.
- All Conference First Team: Henry Fisher `20, William Skelly `22
- Honorable Mention All-Conference – Boys’: Nathan Koplin `20, Elliott Steeves `20, Shane Zenk `21
- Honorable Mention All-Conference – Girls’: Ava Shirley `22
- Captains: Alexis Bonine `20, Nathan Koplin `20, Nathan Omodt `20, Sydney Riley `20
The football team finished their season with a 2-8 record, while competing in one of the state’s toughest districts for Class AAAA football.
- Minnesota State All-Star Game Selection: Jalen Travis `20
- All District First Team: James Pfarr `20, Devan Riley `20, Jalen Travis `20
- Honorable Mention All District: Gabe Amore `20, Amir Everett `22, Andrey Garbisch `20, Brandon Hoban `22
- Captains: Gabe Amore `20, Andrey Garbisch `20, James Pfarr `20, Jalen Travis `20
The Islanders finished the regular season with a 6-6 record, losing their first round section match in Section 6AA. With nearly 50 girls out for tennis, it’s one of the largest roster in program history.
- All Conference First Team: Ava Krocheski-Meyer `22
- Honorable Mention All-Conference: Emily Reed `20
- Captains: Emily Reed `20, Megan Scobee `20
During the fall, DeLaSalle’s cheer team provides sideline support at games with many members of the program also preparing for the winter competition season.
Captains: Elizabeth Kerkvilet `20, Danielle Whiteside `20