DeLaSalle is grateful for several hundred families we are meeting this fall, interested in DeLaSalle and the unique educational opportunity we provide. We are proud that the combination of priorities for our school — to be Catholic and Lasallian, to be diverse and inclusive, to be preparatory for college and career, all of these with high levels of rigor and respect for each individual and with a commitment to service, quality relationships and relevance – seems to resonate with so many.
It’s been a great fall at DeLaSalle, due to contact from almost 500 eighth graders and families who have either visited the island or reached out to us during the first three months of this school year. We began the “Islander for a Day” student visit program on October 30, and across the first twelve dates available to prospective families, we have hosted 222 eighth graders who are considering DeLaSalle as their high school. This is a remarkable number, a 27.5 percent increase in student visitors from the first 12 dates in 2018. Moreover, another 73 families have already scheduled visits into the month of December – with more requests coming in daily.
As you have read, we also hosted 260 families at our October 28 Open House! Add over 40 individual parent/family tours, two schools bringing their entire eighth grade classes to tour De, and several dozen inquiries via phone or email, and there’s a LOT of excitement building for next year at DeLaSalle!
We also know that when the second semester begins, we will likely welcome several incoming transfer students. The Admissions Office has received over 20 inquiries since mid-October for potential transfer admission – either in January or in August, 2020.
We fully realize that most families are looking at multiple high school options, but we are both confident and grateful as we take an early look at 2020-21. Many of our visitors are already sending in application materials, even though the application deadline for “early decision” admission is still more than two months away, on Friday, January 31. In this season, we are most thankful to meet so many wonderful students and parents who are interested in DeLaSalle!
- Our second and final Open House is scheduled for Wednesday, January 8, from 7:00-9:00 pm.
- The Entrance Exam/Parent Seminar for the Class of 2024 is on Saturday, January 11, from 8:30-11:30 am. Students register for the Exam in the Albers Atrium between 8:00 – 8:25 am, and it takes only 3-5 minutes to register. There is no need to register for the Exam before the 11th, nor does DeLaSalle require an application for admission before the 11th. There is no fee to take the Entrance Exam at DeLaSalle (nor to apply for admission), and we provide all materials. Parents are encouraged to stay for a thorough and informative seminar about many “parent-type” topics while their daughters and sons are testing.
- January 31 is the “Early Decision” Application Deadline for the Class of 2024. Students with complete applications at DeLaSalle by this date will receive a decision by February 8.
- February 14 is the “Regular” Application Deadline. Students meeting this deadline will receive a decision by February 22.
- Ninth grade registration is scheduled for Saturday, February 29, as the Class of 2024 takes the first “leaps” toward their new high school. (Sorry about the pun.)
The Advancement/Admissions staff thanks everyone for their many kind referrals to prospective families and students. For more information, please contact Vice President for Advancement, Mike O’Keefe `78, at 612-676-7679, Associate Director of Admission, Anne LoCoco, at 612-676-7665, or Admissions/Advancement Associate, Carlos Villagomez `91, at 612-676-7688.