Monday, November 18, 2019
Feast of Saint Rose Philippine Duchesne
When we are asked to be bold and courageous, You are our inspiration When our imaginations dream and see beyond the limits of our sight, You are our hope When we fail to meet a challenge and need to accept our limitations, You are our model When we pray with the desire for deep union with God, You are our Saint And with your blessing, to the greater glory of God, we seek to be loving people who live and serve others with your same purpose, vision, and quiet humility. Amen.
Saint John Baptist de La Salle…pray for us.
Live Jesus in our hearts…forever!
ENTREE: PANCAKES/WAFFLE/FRENCH TOAST, SAUSAGE LINKS, FRUIT OR FRUIT JUICE, MILK
A LA CARTE: YOGURT, GRANOLA BARS, ASSORTED BEVERAGES
ENTREE: TRIPLE DECKER GRILLED CHEESE, TOMATO SOUP, CARROT STICKS
A LA CARTE: BROCCOLI SUNFLOWER SALAD; TUNA SALAD ON WHOLE WHEAT
In the news…
November is Native American Heritage Month, or as it is commonly referred to, American Indian and Alaska Native Heritage Month.
The month is a time to celebrate rich and diverse cultures, traditions, and histories and to acknowledge the important contributions of Native people and to learn more about the unique challenges Native people have faced both historically and in the present, and the ways in which tribal citizens have worked to conquer these challenges.
Lasallian Ministry invites you to celebrate Native American Heritage month with the following:
- Movie Night: Wednesday, November 20, “Dakota 38”; 3:15pm in D117
- Posters: Check out posters posted around school highlighting Tribes of Native America and famous Native Americans
- Check out these great events happening around town.
DeLaSalle Theatre is pleased to announce auditions and tech crew sign-ups for its upcoming winter one-acts and spring musical. We encourage any interested students to audition, no preparation or previous experience is necessary. If you have questions, email Mr. Buffington.
- Spring Musical: 42nd Street · Directed by Farrah Buffington · March 13, 14, 20, 21, 27 & 28
- A classic and beloved tale, 42nd Street tells the story of Peggy Sawyer, a talented young performer with stars in her eyes who gets her big break on Broadway. Peggy’s rise from showgirl to star is the stuff of show business dreams. This musical is full of crowd-pleasing tap dances, popular musical theatre standards, and show-stopping ensemble production numbers.
- Competition One-Act: (TBD) · Directed by James Buffington·January 24 & 25th
- This show will be DeLaSalle’s entry into the Minnesota State High School League Section 6AA State One-Act Play Festival
- One-Act: (TBD) · Directed by Farrah Buffington · January 24 & 25th
- Student-Directed One-Act: (TBD) · Directed by Jamie Wheeler · January 24 & 25th
- Auditions will be held on Monday, November 18, Tuesday, November 19 and Wednesday, November 20, 3:30pm – 6pm.
- Check-ins for these days will be D117 and or the stage door. Tech sign-ups will also be available these days.
- Call Backs will be Monday, November 25, 4pm- 7pm
- 42nd Street Rehearsals will be 5-7:30 Monday – Friday, with Saturday 2pm – 6pm through mid-February.
- One-Act Comp will be 4pm – 6pm 12/2 – 1/30
- One-Act Rehearsal will be 3pm – 5:30pm 12/2 – 1/30
- There maybe rehearsals for one-acts over Christmas Break
Musical Audition Information
- Dance audition day – Tap Combo/Jazz Combo will be taught at the audition
- Singing audition day – 16 Bars of two songs from this list (You may be asked to only sing one)
- Reading audition – Sides will be provided Audition
All are welcome to join Lasallian Ministry for Mass with Father Bruno on Tuesday mornings at 8:00am in the school chapel. The chapel is located in Christian Brothers Hall through the Lasallian Ministry office.
Students will meet with their academic mentor following their first period class on Tuesday, November 19. The meetings give students and their mentor a chance to check in on a student’s academic progress.
Each month, a group of DeLaSalle parents and family members gather on campus to lift up our community in prayer. All parents, family members, friends, and alumni are welcome to participate when the group meets Tuesday, November 19, from 12:00-1:00pm, on the creative side of the Thies Lab (D207). We hope students, staff, families and friends at DeLaSalle will feel encouraged by the knowledge that people care about them, are excited for them and are PRAYING FOR THEM! You may submit prayer requests, which may remain anonymous, to prayer boxes located in the main office, Lasallian Ministry, or Theology classrooms.
This year, Student Council will be selling year-long Out-of-Uniform day wristbands. These wristbands will be sold for $12. (Regular Out-of-Uniform passes will still be able to be purchased in advance for $2 and $3 the day of.) These wristbands will help provide Student Council with the funds necessary to plan student events such as school dances and Winterfest Week.
These wristbands will also include “perks” throughout the year, such as free hot chocolate before school and reduced tickets to the dance.
You can purchase a wristband during lunch through Tuesday, November 19.
Are you a chess player? Do you want to learn how to play chess? Students of all abilities are welcome to come to Chess Club every Tuesday from 3:00-4:15 in Room A208.
Lasallian Ministry is sponsoring an Out of Uniform Day, Wednesday, November 20.
Students may purchase a wristband for the privilege to dress out of uniform. Wristbands will be sold for $2 during lunches on Tuesday, November 19 and for $3 before school on November 20. Students must follow the out of uniform guidelines in the Student-Parent Handbook.
DeLaSalle shares a third of all out of uniform wristband sales with Mwangaaza College, a postsecondary Lasallian trade school in Kenya. More information on the school can be found on the bulletin board, 2nd floor B-Building, between rooms B210 and B211.
Come see one of the best theatre programs in the state when DeLaSalle Theatre opens its fall play “Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea.” Performances are at 7:30pm on November 14, 15, 16, 21, 22, 23. Your student ID gets you into the show for free! Learn more here.
Current sophomores and juniors can apply now to study in Italy this summer through Global Advantage Program.
DeLaSalle will host a class in Italy from June 7-19 that will explore “Studio Art and European History.” The trip costs $3,500 and students can apply here. With your application, remember to get three letters of recommendation. If you have any questions please see Ms. Megan or Mr. Casey. If you would like a brochure, stop by B110.
Applications are due by Monday, November 25.
DeLaSalle students who wish to participate in a winter sport must register for the sport before it holds its first practice. Students received an email with a registration link and season start dates. As a reminder, DeLaSalle students must have a current physical (current within the last three years) and Minnesota State High School League eligibility statement on file with the Activities Office before they can participate in a sport.
Fireside Catholic Publishing is hosting an essay contest for seniors who “put their faith into action” daily.
Only 1 student per school may enter this national contest for $1,000. Theology Faculty will choose one essay to represent DeLaSalle from the essays submitted. If you are interested please submit a 2-page maximum essay with no mention of your school or location on the following topic: “How is your Religious Education Influencing your Life?”
Submissions are due to Brother Dylan in Room B214 no later than November 25.